Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jullian Assange has no More Inter-Webs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oh no!!!!  

Now how will we know what Hillary Clinton said about stuff we already know about her????  

Without wiki-leaks how can we embarrass John Podesta for being a crass politician???  

[Image: think-of-the-children1.jpg]

Word on the street is that hes going to be extradited soon.

That's what happens when you cross the Clinton's...except usually it's a lot worse than just losing your internet privileges.

Quote:Oh no!!!!  

Now how will we know what Hillary Clinton said about stuff we already know about her????  

Without wiki-leaks how can we embarrass John Podesta for being a crass politician???  

[Image: think-of-the-children1.jpg]

If you are going to sit there and claim you already knew everything that just came out, you are a flat out liar. Simply a liar. For a guy who stood behind Bernie, not sure how you sleep at night defending this monster.
Guess its back to living in the dark about the corrupt behavior of our top officials. Good thing we have CNN at our side who we can always trust to deliver us the "truth".

At this point, when I hear anything about emails or trumps sexist remarks, i flip the channel to Seinfeld reruns.   Just watched the one about George's 2 worlds colliding on Saturday night.

Quote:Guess its back to living in the dark about the corrupt behavior of our top officials. Good thing we have CNN at our side who we can always trust to deliver us the "truth".

Same could be said about [INSERT ANY CORPORATION HERE]
Quote:At this point, when I hear anything about emails or trumps sexist remarks, i flip the channel to Seinfeld reruns.   Just watched the one about George's 2 worlds colliding on Saturday night.

YOU'RE KILLING INDEPENDENT GEORGE!
just unplug the modem and plug it back in

It's amazing how the political left (and the media) thought that Wikileaks was the best thing ever when it was being used to expose Republican politicians and officials, but now that it's been turned on their candidate, it's a threat to national security, meddling by Russia to influence the election and "illegal to read."

WERE UNDER ATTACK!!!

Quote:It's amazing how the political left (and the media) thought that Wikileaks was the best thing ever when it was being used to expose Republican politicians and officials, but now that it's been turned on their candidate, it's a threat to national security, meddling by Russia to influence the election and "illegal to read."

QFT ^^^^^
Quote:It's amazing how the political left (and the media) thought that Wikileaks was the best thing ever when it was being used to expose Republican politicians and officials, but now that it's been turned on their candidate, it's a threat to national security, meddling by Russia to influence the election and "illegal to read."
Actually I've never particularly thought much of Wikileaks.  I mean exposing government corruption is great--don't get me wrong. But Wikileaks isn't about the freedom of information at all.  I mean if it was, they'd have released everything and let people actually read through it themselves and come to their own conclusions.  Instead they come to conclusions for people, and release things in segments.  I mean it'd be one thing if they had to redact information when it put people's lives in danger (that'd make sense) but they don't even do that.  They wouldn't hold back information for when it does the most 'impact' or whatever.  

Assange is no Edward Snowden.  

how is posting tens of thousands of documents in searchable format "coming to conclusions for people"?

Quote:Actually I've never particularly thought much of Wikileaks.  I mean exposing government corruption is great--don't get me wrong. But Wikileaks isn't about the freedom of information at all.  I mean if it was, they'd have released everything and let people actually read through it themselves and come to their own conclusions.  Instead they come to conclusions for people, and release things in segments.  I mean it'd be one thing if they had to redact information when it put people's lives in danger (that'd make sense) but they don't even do that.  They wouldn't hold back information for when it does the most 'impact' or whatever.  

Assange is no Edward Snowden.  
You and I share many of the same reservations about WikiLeaks. It does absolutely seem as if Assange picks his cause or candidate of the week and does everything he can to advance his own agenda. We do get a ton of great information from WikiLeaks, information people need to know, but we get it in portions and selections that draw a great deal of scrutiny as to what his endgame is. And no, he's no Snowden. Snowden is a national hero who will, I hope, be looked back upon a hundred years from now as the man who brought the assault on the Constitution into the light and changed the course of history. Assange fills that role as well, to a point, but whereas Snowden just said, "Screw it," and dumped everything, Assange is more calculated and agenda-driven in what he releases and when.
Quote:You and I share many of the same reservations about WikiLeaks. It does absolutely seem as if Assange picks his cause or candidate of the week and does everything he can to advance his own agenda. We do get a ton of great information from WikiLeaks, information people need to know, but we get it in portions and selections that draw a great deal of scrutiny as to what his endgame is. And no, he's no Snowden. Snowden is a national hero who will, I hope, be looked back upon a hundred years from now as the man who brought the assault on the Constitution into the light and changed the course of history. Assange fills that role as well, to a point, but whereas Snowden just said, "Screw it," and dumped everything, Assange is more calculated and agenda-driven in what he releases and when.

Snowden has already been slandered and smeared by establishment media to the point that everyone just views him as "that traitor". Nobody even remembers PRISM or any of his leaks, nor did it have any influence on the surveillance state we live in. If Snowden HAD calculated his leaks like Assange is, it may have had a greater impact.
The new Snowden movie which I heard is "Oliver Stone's greatest work" has gotten so little hype

Just asking JW and badger. You honestly say don't have any inkling that Americans were being monitored well before Snowden? Do you think the agencies stopped?

How about waterboarding? Or enhanced interrogation methods.
Quote:Just asking JW and badger. You honestly say don't have any inkling that Americans were being monitored well before Snowden? Do you think the agencies stopped?

How about waterboarding? Or enhanced interrogation methods.

what?
Quote:what?

Yeah I am not sure either.
Pages: 1 2 3