Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are the Cardiac Cats back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a feeling that all of our wins this year are going to be by 1 score or less. That's just apart of the progression.

Loose big - loose little - win little - win big

This team is just rounding that corner, so for the rest of the season I suggest getting a refill on your heart meds.
Just win, baby.

After one game?
Quote:I have a feeling that all of our wins this year are going to be by 1 score or less. That's just apart of the progression.

This team is just rounding that corner, so for the rest of the season I suggest getting a refill on your heart meds.

Yes, but, winning big doesn't happen very often in the NFL.   It's a one score league. 

But I get your point.   It's progress.  Beating bad teams barely is the first step of turning things around.  Just win.  Wins, no matter how narrow, no matter against whom, lead to confidence and enthusiasm.  Players start playing better, more relaxed, more confidently, more energetically.  And then hopefully we will see the results start to match the talent.  Because I sincerely think this team has enough talent to win more than they lose. 
If I never hear the term "cardiac cats" again it'll be too soon.

Quote:After one game?

Hey now, it's been 2
Quote:Yes, but, winning big doesn't happen very often in the NFL.   It's a one score league. 

But I get your point.   It's progress.  Beating bad teams barely is the first step of turning things around.  Just win.  Wins, no matter how narrow, no matter against whom, lead to confidence and enthusiasm.  Players start playing better, more relaxed, more confidently, more energetically.  And then hopefully we will see the results start to match the talent.  Because I sincerely think this team has enough talent to win more than they lose.

Barely beating bad teams has been this team's way for years. Nothing new here. They need to beat a middle tier team before we can start thinking about improvement.

A few years ago the Jaguars won three in a row thanks to playing three games in a row against imploding teams. First they need to win a game against a team that can get out of its own way, them we can start talking about improvement. Yesterday's offensive output won't get it done against the raiders.
Quote:Barely beating bad teams has been this team's way for years. Nothing new here. They need to beat a middle tier team before we can start thinking about improvement.

A few years ago the Jaguars won three in a row thanks to playing three games in a row against imploding teams. First they need to win a game against a team that can get out of its own way, them we can start talking about improvement. Yesterday's offensive output won't get it done against the raiders.

Of course you are absolutely right.   The glass is both half full and half empty.   That said, however, we are 2-3 so we are not out of it.  For the first time in many years, we can look at the standings in October.   Also, I think 2-3 is the best record we've had after 5 games in many years.  That's something, isn't it?  

So, could be better, but it darn sure could be worse also.  Teams don't usually go from bad to good; they go from bad to mediocre to good.  It starts by winning some games, any games.  Just win some games. 

I think we have the talent to win more than we lose.  That's the key thing.  We just need to start winning.  
Quote:Of course you are absolutely right.   The glass is both half full and half empty.   That said, however, we are 2-3 so we are not out of it.  For the first time in many years, we can look at the standings in October.   Also, I think 2-3 is the best record we've had after 5 games in many years.  That's something, isn't it?  

So, could be better, but it darn sure could be worse also.  Teams don't usually go from bad to good; they go from bad to mediocre to good.  It starts by winning some games, any games.  Just win some games. 

I think we have the talent to win more than we lose.  That's the key thing.  We just need to start winning.

Yes, the current record leaves room for the team to succeed if they improve, I'm just saying I'm not sure we've seen significant improvement yet. Hopefully next week we do.
JDR is going to leave his mark on EverBank Field next Sunday.

Hopefully it's a skidmark

Quote:JDR is going to leave his mark on EverBank Field next Sunday.
Quote:Barely beating bad teams has been this team's way for years. Nothing new here. They need to beat a middle tier team before we can start thinking about improvement.

The only thing I can say about this is that the past couple years, we would have found a way to lost both the Colts and Bears game, just like we did the GB game. I have a lot of doubts about this team, and especially about what Olson is thinking this year. But if we win, it makes it easier to handle. Oakland's defense is terrible, we SHOULD be able to put up points and move the ball easier. Chicago may only have 1 win, but their defense hasn't really been that bad. I think I read a stat that the only allowed 3 passing tds all season before our game.

Let's see how our new defense stacks up against a more high powered offense.
Hey we finally won a game we should have lost...

that's progress right?

I dunno... it is frustrating to have certain expectations of the offense being severely under-met.

But a win is a win.

And that's 2 in a row. Which we haven't done much under Bradley.

Oakland at home for 3 in a row and we might be in business to put this team where it needs to be. And Gus might actually get a few people off his back.
I don't like cardiac cats. Can't the Jags just dominate in all phases of the game for 60 mintues, offense, defense, special teams, and coaching.
Quote:I don't like cardiac cats. Can't the Jags just dominate in all phases of the game for 60 mintues, offense, defense, special teams, and coaching.

The Jags used their one time of that happening under Gus last year against the clots when they scored 50.
Quote:I have a feeling that all of our wins this year are going to be by 1 score or less. That's just apart of the progression.

Don't these statements contradict each other?
Quote:Don't these statements contradict each other?

Not really. We're in the "win little" stage right now. We were in "lose little" last year. And should be in "win big" by late this year or next year.
Quote:Not really. We're in the "win little" stage right now. We were in "lose little" last year. And should be in "win big" by late this year or next year.

Precisely.
Quote:After one game?

We are on a winning streak. What do you mean just one game?
Quote:We are on a winning streak. What do you mean just one game?
He means... "I'm a troll, lalala lalala"
Pages: 1 2 3