Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ngakoue. Sack #4.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Surprised no one's mentioned this.

4 sacks in 5 games.

The sack today was crucial. The Bears had to settle for a FG instead of a TD.

He's gonna hit double digits this year
He's playing well
[Image: giphy.gif]

Pass rush wasn't killer today, but Ngakoue has exceeded my expectations. Very possible he gets to 10 sacks, which is crazy for a rookie.

Defense is going to be really good.
Half that should go to Odrick
Quote:Half that should go to Odrick
True. Odrick is like Roy miller. Doesn't get all the flash but does the dirty work for others to get the flash.
Quote:[Image: giphy.gif]
Fowler forcing the step up into the collapsing pocket. Doing a lot of what he did in college, just disrupting plays
Quote:Fowler forcing the step up into the collapsing pocket. Doing a lot of what he did in college, just disrupting plays
Malik also collapsing the middle giving hoyer no room to step up.
The kid is a beast.

Quote:Malik also collapsing the middle giving hoyer no room to step up.
yep, as said, collapsing pocket
Well then, Malik, Ordrick and Fowler are doing their job as well. I think our pass rush is improved over last year.

Quote:Well then, Malik, Ordrick and Fowler are doing their job as well. I think our pass rush is improved over last year.

True. It seemed like previously we depended on Marks too much... And also Clemons whenever he fealt like trying hard
Relentless effort. He deserves everyone of the 4 he's already gotten!
Lmao at trying to credit Fowler for part of that. He got pushed harmlessly right past the pocket. If that was forcing him to step up into Yannick then Windmill Branch should get credit for disrupting on every sack we got while he was on the field too, cause that's the exact same thing Fowler was doing that play. 

If we are being honest about giving out credit, the secondary gets the major lion's share for causing that sack. It took forever to develop. 

BTW on that play if the pressure up front doesn't get him the RB was wide open for a TD on the wheel route.
Coverage sack, that wasn't anything special. Still happy it happened and credit goes to the entire defense on that one. He has a real shot at getting double digit sacks.

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED] at trying to credit Fowler for part of that. He got pushed harmlessly right past the pocket. If that was forcing him to step up into Yannick then Windmill Branch should get credit for disrupting on every sack we got while he was on the field too, cause that's the exact same thing Fowler was doing that play. 

If we are being honest about giving out credit, the secondary gets the major lion's share for causing that sack. It took forever to develop. 

lol I was thinking that too. Fowler was pretty non-existent. I get the feeling the staff prefers Ngakoue. Seems like he's out there more.
Quote:lol I was thinking that too. Fowler was pretty non-existent. I get the feeling the staff prefers Ngakoue. Seems like he's out there more.
We can't be surprised the pass rush struggled. Their interior oline is extremely good and asking two edge rookies to create pressure essentially alone, and against a QB that gets rid of the ball quicker than most, is not a very fair expectation. Fowler did get another pressure on yet another stunt also, to be fair. 
Yes. Hoyer relied on mostly quick stuff.  Not as many opportunities to pressure as a result. 

Pages: 1 2 3