Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fire Olsen,keep Gus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Gus's defense taking shape, maybe let Greg go in the off- season, and keep Gus.The players love him.Thoughts?
Quote:With Gus's defense taking shape, maybe let Greg go in the off- season, and keep Gus.The players love him.Thoughts?

As what?.....
Quote:As what?.....
The sprinkles guy...
Quote:The sprinkles guy...

Ah gotcha...

....as you were.
Thoughts?

Sick

If we finish in the playoffs, keep Gus. Otherwise no thanks. Olson should be gone NOW though. Give Marrone or Hackett the Playcalling duties.
How about no Scott. Fire both.
Lol, keep Gus.
Not a huge fan of this zone defence watched th lb drop off their man to let him run wide open waaay too much today. Is the secondary ever going to get an int?

Offence and defense schemes are still poor Imo.

Come out this flat after a bye week. C'mon man.

Blake gotta stop with turnovers in the red zone. Falls on coaching.
Last year he was good. The offense was rolling. BB was hot.

Slow start for sure. But fire him already?

It ain't all the calls. There's been some pretty piss poor execution.
Nope.

Keeping Gus is not the answer.
What is our scheme really? What is the philosophy? They want to run the ball but we are mainly in the shotgun. What are the concepts to help the QB succeed?  Honestly it looks like the same stuff we ran with the failed and fired coach.

Quote:What is our scheme really? What is the philosophy? They want to run the ball but we are mainly in the shotgun. What are the concepts to help the QB succeed? Honestly it looks like the same stuff we ran with the failed and fired coach.
The scheme is to make all the fans pull their hair out and throw stuff at the tv.
Lol, no.
I'd be on board with this for the rest of THIS season. But after this one, Gus gotta go.
Say what you want about Gus,his defense is finally decent
Quote:Say what you want about Gus,his defense is finally decent

I like it better when we go man to man and bring pressure.  With that said Poz has been pretty good in zone coverage this year.

Pass rush still non existent.
Quote:Last year he was good. The offense was rolling. BB was hot.

Slow start for sure. But fire him already?

It ain't all the calls. There's been some pretty [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor execution.

A good deal of the poor execution appears to be players not being in rhythm or as in they are not exactly sure what the team is focusing on doing at points in the game. 

More fluid play calling and simply just speeding up the offense some would help I think. I'm not anywhere calling for full 2 minute offense. I just want no huddles and line up by 20-15 seconds on the game clock. If you want to call an audible to change a play them, then go for it. I want Bortles to start each drive/TO, etc with two plays in his head. So if the first one works, he already knows what the second play is going to be and get them set quicker.

I agree
Pages: 1 2