Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Moncrief's Laziness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is this not the single most upsetting thing about the team this year? Dude is a lazy route runner and doesn't make any real effort to catch passes.

DISCUSS
Norwell’s complete ineptitude has got me a bit miffed.
(10-16-2018, 03:56 PM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]Norwell’s complete ineptitude has got me a bit miffed.

+1
(10-16-2018, 03:56 PM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]Norwell’s complete ineptitude has got me a bit miffed.

Agreed. Barring some injury we don’t know about, it appears he got his payday and checked out.
(10-16-2018, 04:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed. Barring some injury we don’t know about, it appears he got his payday and checked out.

Right! Why does this happen to us so much??? We're not a vacation!
Probably got off the Juice once he got the big pay.

Ohio State is the face of HGH so now that he got the big contract, he's probably riding into the sunset.

Agreed. He certainly wasn't what was advertised. His pass protection in particular has been completely erratic. For all that money we spent on him, we basically got back another Patrick Omameh. At least Moncrief is only on a one year deal, we're stuck with Norwell for a while.
Nah, Norwell is just "injured". That's why he is playing like a complete scrub. That's been the excuse I been hearing for poor OLINE play.
Maybe we can write a letter and send it to him?
Aside from Norwell, I’d say our “#1 Defense looking like [BLEEP]”.
Norwell by far. He was touted as the difference maker. An all pro that would improve our running game and give Blake time for the play action. Moncrief has never been considered elite and was coming off 2 injury seasons. The signing was always puzzling to me. We let AR15 go because we weren't "certain" if he could make it back to form after injury. So we turn around and sign a mediocre guy that hasn't played 16 games in a couple years.
Moncrief has legit long speed, but clearly isn't an effort guy. No idea why they signed him, but the good news is Arob probably ends up a cap causality up in Chicago in another season if we want him back here at that point.
"all that money wasted"

Bortles
Moncrief
Norwell
Hayden
ASJ
Lee

When we could have had A Rob, Cousins....
(10-16-2018, 08:18 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Moncrief has legit long speed, but clearly isn't an effort guy. No idea why they signed him, but the good news is Arob probably ends up a cap causality up in Chicago in another season if we want him back here at that point.

Yea, legit long speed in underwear, without pads on and with nobody trying to cover him. Soon as somebody even lays a pinky finger on him he curls up into a tiny [BLEEP] ball.
I thought Moncrief could be at least a solid/decent contributor but I was wrong, at times he's not even trying. They should stop thinking he's a go to guy for 50/50 balls, he caught what...18 catches on 50-55 attempts? I understand the balls thrown his way are far from perfect at times but he's just walking around lazily down there too often. Give Chark/Cole the shots downfield and make him earn his targets. The way he ran some routes in the second half against the Cowboys had "let's get over this match quick" written all over them.
(10-17-2018, 03:19 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2018, 08:18 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Moncrief has legit long speed, but clearly isn't an effort guy. No idea why they signed him, but the good news is Arob probably ends up a cap causality up in Chicago in another season if we want him back here at that point.

Yea, legit long speed in underwear, without pads on and with nobody trying to cover him. Soon as somebody even lays a pinky finger on him he curls up into a tiny [BLEEP] ball.

He's the only Jaguars player on the fastest ball carrier leaderboard right now this season. Whatever the problem it's not his speed, like I said he just doesn't seem to be an effort guy, like making an effort to get open or make a play on a ball. Instead he's a if he's already open he can run it in quickly if you hit him in stride guy. 
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-p...l-carriers
Maybe this should be moved to the "Caldwell done?" thread. 2 more examples of why he is a wet, smelly, steamy pile of garbage.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21957

Yeah that one is a head scratcher. Not sure what's going on there but even before the injuries the OL was playing iffy.
I think Moncrief has been the most annoying part of this season for me as well, closely followed by Norwell. Everything else offensively is understandable based on the insane injury situation. As far as the other side of the ball, it is clear that teams have spent some time trying to figure out how to attack/beat us. In my opinion the next few weeks will be very telling in terms of our defensive staff's ability to respond appropriately to some of the creativity we have seen from these offenses the last few weeks.
Moncrief being inconsistent or lazy doesn't bother me. He wasn't even supposed to see the field as much as he has. But with Lee on IR it is what it is.

Norwell has been the most upsetting for me. Hands to the face negating a TD pass back in week one. Whiffed blocks in nearly every game. He's certainly not living up to his contract. And I know he's been in and out of a walking boot recently but he was already letting the offense down prior to that. And his job and responsibilities shouldn't have been that big of a transition nor change for him coming over from Carolina.

He's a lineman. Not a receiver. You either whoop the guy's [BLEEP] in front of you or you don't. You either know your blocking assignment or you don't. He's playing guard. Not center. Shouldn't rack his brain too much out there in the huddle. That simple. He's lost more battles this year than he's won.
Pages: 1 2 3