Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So...now what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Bortles benched. 

Defense is still ok, but hasn’t produced but one pick/scoop for six since week 1. 

Kessler is not going to save the offense although the may give it a bit more energy. 

The Eagles are flying in and are finally getting it together after a brief SB hangover. 

Is the season lost? It sucks thinking about it, because it was that way for every season for so long.
What do you mean now what? You start Kessler next week and go from there
The injuries ended the season. It happens.
(10-21-2018, 03:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]The injuries ended the season. It happens.

Didn’t have to be that way. Mahomes, Cousins, Smith...they were all there to be had. 

We sank our ship with Bortles
I think seasons over. Down 2 scores and were still only throwing the ball no more the 7 yards down field because Kessler just doesn't have the arm.
(10-21-2018, 03:53 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 03:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]The injuries ended the season. It happens.

Didn’t have to be that way. Mahomes, Cousins, Smith...they were all there to be had. 

We sank our ship with Bortles

You could have had Watson too........

Bortles....lol.
seasons over, time to start looking for a new GM caldwell has failed on an epic level.
You go back to Bortles and let him finish the destruction of our season. Kessler is okay but you have to lay in the bed you made. Our playbook sucks and is a waste of time.
cut taven bryant

get in a time machine

pick a real player from a real school Tongue
(10-21-2018, 03:49 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles benched. 

Defense is still ok, but hasn’t produced but one pick/scoop for six since week 1. 

Kessler is not going to save the offense although the may give it a bit more energy. 

The Eagles are flying in and are finally getting it together after a brief SB hangover. 

Is the season lost? It sucks thinking about it, because it was that way for every season for so long.

It feels that way. I don't think it is yet, but another loss or two and it will be. Kessler is not the answer.
What a decision it was to extend Bortles to a contract not even a CFL team would pay.
Now what? Start Kessler and move on from Bortles. It is time. The offense will have less of a chance for big plays but commit fewer turnovers. The safeties will come up because Kessler doesn't have the arm strength to threaten anyone deep. Things are about to get ugly unless we can figure out a way to run the ball effectively.

I agree with this, but our team doesn't have the cap for this team to go on next season anyway. Change is coming. Hopefully they won't panic and blow it up like we did in '08 when we hired Gene. I like to see one more round.
(10-21-2018, 03:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]You go back to Bortles and let him finish the destruction of our season. Kessler is okay but you have to lay in the bed you made. Our playbook sucks and is a waste of time.

You can't go back to him after you just benched him... That sends a terrible message. It's Kessler's ship now.
Bortles is best QB short of vintage Michael Vick to play behind this offensive line.
If we get Kessler starter reps and we can find a way to get Hyde "up to speed" (seriously hes a RB and should have started) so we can have a chance. We have a strong advantage on the London trips, being we do it every year. I think our chances to get to 4-4 are solid. We have to figure out our woes on offense though. I know there's only so much you can do, but O line is a big problem. We would need a guy like Manning or Brady, or any QB who can get it out in under 3 seconds, to even remotely make the O line work. Its just so bad on obvious passing downs.

If we can stop making stupid turnovers and get a run game going, we can stay in games.
(10-21-2018, 04:02 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/statu...7679523841

This is pretty spot on
(10-21-2018, 04:02 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/statu...7679523841

Yep
You fire Hackett, promote Wheatley and start Kessler the rest of the season. We'll just have a very expensive 2nd string QB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6