Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Crazy Overreaction Thread or is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The way I see it …   everything starts and ends with one guy and one guy only.  It is all Bortles fault from the time he was over drafted at number 3.  He has been up and down every since and we have had the illusion that it was because of other factors that he hasn't improved enough. (Multiple coaches in multiple years, he doesn't have a line, doesn't have receivers, doesn't have a running game, blah blah blah)

The guy is very tough but he isn't an NFL Quarterback.  This is compounded when the situation around him goes South.  He has 6 4th Quarter Comebacks and 7 Game Winning drives now in his 5th year.  The game is over when the other team is up by 10 points.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=BortBl00

For some more Jaguars perspective
Gabbert  (1 With Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=GabbBl00
Brunell (9 with Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=BrunMa00
Leftwitch (7 with Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=LeftBy00
Garrard (11 with Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=GarrDa00

We are driving poor decisions across the organization to feed this garbage.  The coaching pool available to us was directly related to who would work with him.  We are trying to establish 90's football with 2018 rules that just don't allow you to have that kinda of team.

The offense is predictable and even when it is executed one mistake completely derails the team.

Injuries and 5 years of bad decisions is culminating in a colossal meltdown this year.  Coaching can only do so much when you don't have a viable NFL QB.  I'm not crazy about the coaches but they are severely handicapped at the start of every game.  This team has bent over backwards to feed BB5's ego and eliminate competition from further destroying his confidence but wow it was a bad decision.  We blew last years draft as well which makes this year even worse.

The offensive line played good enough considering they are all dinged up and injured.  Once obvious pass situations were present that was when trouble showed up more and more.

I should have just posted this in snow wolf's thread. sorry for duplication.
The defense is more embaressing then the offense. The Bills sacked Watson 7 times and hit him 12 more. our Dline got 1 sack . the bleeping bills got 7 sacks and our dominate dline got 1 that is just pathetic all the way around and it has to do with coaching
(10-22-2018, 09:08 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ] The coaching pool available to us was directly related to who would work with him.  

Is there a link or source for this claim? I've seen it before but never had it corroborated, it's more of an assumption.
Garrard would save our team. I know he still lives in Jacksonville over on the east side, maybe we can lure him out of retirement.
(10-22-2018, 10:24 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Garrard would save our team. I know he still lives in Jacksonville over on the east side, maybe we can lure him out of retirement.

2007 Garrard would be a nice fit to this team.  He always played smart and seemed to make the plays when necessary.  He too had to fit the ball into tight places because his WRs were pretty bad overall.
(10-22-2018, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 10:24 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Garrard would save our team. I know he still lives in Jacksonville over on the east side, maybe we can lure him out of retirement.

2007 Garrard would be a nice fit to this team.  He always played smart and seemed to make the plays when necessary.  He too had to fit the ball into tight places because his WRs were pretty bad overall.

Yeah no kidding, criminally underrated here in Jax. It's been a downward spiral ever since we tried to move on from him.
(10-22-2018, 10:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 09:08 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ] The coaching pool available to us was directly related to who would work with him.  

Is there a link or source for this claim? I've seen it before but never had it corroborated, it's more of an assumption.

Pundits have said on all the talk sites/shows.  I'd have to look at it more but you are correct that it is more of an assumption.  That is why I ask if I'm overreacting.  The comebacks are interesting when coupled with the fact that we haven't won this year when we didn't start with a lead.
(10-22-2018, 09:08 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]The way I see it …   everything starts and ends with one guy and one guy only.  It is all Bortles fault from the time he was over drafted at number 3.  He has been up and down every since and we have had the illusion that it was because of other factors that he hasn't improved enough. (Multiple coaches in multiple years, he doesn't have a line, doesn't have receivers, doesn't have a running game, blah blah blah)

The guy is very tough but he isn't an NFL Quarterback.  This is compounded when the situation around him goes South.  He has 6 4th Quarter Comebacks and 7 Game Winning drives now in his 5th year.  The game is over when the other team is up by 10 points.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=BortBl00

For some more Jaguars perspective
Gabbert  (1 With Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=GabbBl00
Brunell (9 with Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=BrunMa00
Leftwitch (7 with Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=LeftBy00
Garrard (11 with Jaguars) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...r=GarrDa00

We are driving poor decisions across the organization to feed this garbage.  The coaching pool available to us was directly related to who would work with him.  We are trying to establish 90's football with 2018 rules that just don't allow you to have that kinda of team.

The offense is predictable and even when it is executed one mistake completely derails the team.

Injuries and 5 years of bad decisions is culminating in a colossal meltdown this year.  Coaching can only do so much when you don't have a viable NFL QB.  I'm not crazy about the coaches but they are severely handicapped at the start of every game.  This team has bent over backwards to feed BB5's ego and eliminate competition from further destroying his confidence but wow it was a bad decision.  We blew last years draft as well which makes this year even worse.

The offensive line played good enough considering they are all dinged up and injured.  Once obvious pass situations were present that was when trouble showed up more and more.

I should have just posted this in snow wolf's thread.  sorry for duplication.

uh, you pretty much nailed it, yep

(10-22-2018, 10:17 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]The defense is more embaressing then the offense. The Bills sacked Watson 7 times and hit him 12 more. our Dline got 1 sack . the bleeping bills got 7 sacks and our dominate dline got 1 that is just pathetic all the way around and it has to do with coaching

I'm not sure if you are just that unintelligent, or trying to get laughs out of people
(10-22-2018, 10:33 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]2007 Garrard would be a nice fit to this team.  He always played smart and seemed to make the plays when necessary.  He too had to fit the ball into tight places because his WRs were pretty bad overall.

Yeah no kidding, criminally underrated here in Jax. It's been a downward spiral ever since we tried to move on from him.

So he can laugh like an idiot after an int or a loss? No thanks.

He had 1 good season, that's it.
When Bortles is good, which is rarely, he's very very good. When Bortles is bad, which is most of the time, it's trouble. Last year, I think we could overcome the bad Bortles because the defense was playing lights out, and we had no significant injuries. This year, with injuries at LT, RB, TE, it's too much to overcome.
(10-22-2018, 10:17 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]The defense is more embaressing then the offense. The Bills sacked Watson 7 times and hit him 12 more. our Dline got 1 sack . the bleeping bills got 7 sacks and our dominate dline got 1 that is just pathetic all the way around and it has to do with coaching
You're kidding right? The offense has scored more than 14 twice and has been shut out in the first half in 3 straight games. But the defense is embarrassing?

The defense has had 1 bad game and that's Dallas. They held the top scoring offense to just 23 points. Yesterday, the offense had 1 drive last longer than 4 minutes and that resulted in a punt. They have had a QB turn the ball over and immediately put the team in FG range. The defense is not as good as last year but they are far from embarrassing. They got turnovers and sacks last year because the offense got a lead but now the offense can't even muster a FG in the first half.
^

bortles seems to be dating multiple members on this board
injurys is norhing but an excause. Eagles won a Super bowl last year with hal thier o,and dline hurt. plus the starting qb. Injurys are excauses. Jags need a real HC not a loser like doug marhone.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2Vt0uxA4izHF0-gBgISv...CQsvCBhYS4]
Another Bortles thread, oh yay.
(10-22-2018, 11:17 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 10:33 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah no kidding, criminally underrated here in Jax. It's been a downward spiral ever since we tried to move on from him.

So he can laugh like an idiot after an int or a loss? No thanks.

He had 1 good season, that's it.

Illustrates my point exactly.
Enjoy the defense while it lasts. Players are walking en masse. Jackson, and Campbell are going to be among the first to go. Unless they agree to team friendly deals to ride into the sunset. But considering the current state of our team, it's a lot easier to imagine them chasing another paycheck.

Fowler would be smart to keep. FO probably pays Fowler, Ramsey and Jack. Fill in the rest of the defense through draft and FA fill ins. Corners and pass rushers are the hardest position to find. Keep Jack assuming he takes another step forward and for veteran presence at the MLB position. Everyone else is probably gone, except T. Smith MAYBE Campbell, but only because I can picture him willing to take a team friendly deal to chase a title if we stay somewhat competitive next couple. Jackson I see chasing one last paycheck and we won't have the cap space to give it to him.

Darius, gone. Bouye, probably gone after Ramsey deal. Jacobs and Bryan, too early to tell. And Hayden...lol Jones and the rest of them are probably gone.
(10-23-2018, 09:53 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoy the defense while it lasts. Players are walking en masse. Jackson, ...

Why do you think Jackson is going anywhere?
(10-23-2018, 10:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 09:53 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoy the defense while it lasts. Players are walking en masse. Jackson, ...

Why do you think Jackson is going anywhere?

$$$ I don't see us paying a 30 something DT to stick around after his contract. He'd probably get more money from another team than from us unless I'm overestimating his asking price. I just predict we'll offer him less than he deserves, and I'm predicting Jackson will test his luck in free agency.
(10-23-2018, 10:07 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 10:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you think Jackson is going anywhere?

$$$ I don't see us paying a 30 something DT to stick around after his contract. He'd probably get more money from another team than from us unless I'm overestimating his asking price. I just predict we'll offer him less than he deserves, and I'm predicting Jackson will test his luck in free agency.

Malik is under contract for THREE more years. He can't test free agency.  And he's not 30. He's 28. He's also playing at a high level.
Pages: 1 2