Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Put a fork in Carolina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Brees went for 465 and 4 TDs today. Boy what we're they thinking when they let Norman go? Last year was an anomaly.
Norman is not the variable they're losing on. Whole defense is subpar right now. Not playing winning football as a squad.
I'm so glad I ended up with them as my Defense in my Fantasy Football team..

2nd most passing yards allowed in franchise history, and 1st place was set by Atlanta a couple weeks ago. They've had a pretty ugly month for sure.
Got tired of Cam AND his stupid dancing. Atleast this has muted the noise surrounding him.
Super bowl slump? Or the typical nfc south changing of the guard season after season?
Quote:Brees went for 465 and 4 TDs today. Boy what we're they thinking when they let Norman go? Last year was an anomaly.

Norman is a small percentage of the many problems we have.
Didn't expect this at all especially with Benjamin coming back
Quote:Norman is a small percentage of the many problems we have.
I know it's way early, but do you think Carolina drafts heavy DB again in 2017?
Quote:Didn't expect this at all especially with Benjamin coming back

Same here.   I honestly don't think there's anyone on this planet that has followed the NFL expecting the Panthers to be 1-5 at this point in time.   Their bye week certainly comes at a good time. 

Though the odds are heavily against the Panthers to get back to the playoffs,  especially with the youth at CB,   Ron ' Riverboat Gambler' Rivera has a history of turning Panthers seasons around when things have looked bleak.  
Riverboat Ron was expected to put two rookies in at CB for the Broncos game. Only one of them (Bradberry) played. That seemed to surprise some people, although an injury was the reason for it.

They need to throw the ball to Philly Cheese steak Brown more often if they want to win lol
lost a bit of their defensive backfield and their passrush regressed.  That is a dangerous combo for any defense to overcome.

I don't understand how their pass rush regressed with the same front seven players. Sometimes one player regresses; we have all seen that happen. But this year it is like they are not being coached properly anymore.

Quote:I don't understand how their pass rush regressed with the same front seven players. Sometimes one player regresses; we have all seen that happen. But this year it is like they are not being coached properly anymore.

Same way ours regressed in 08.  Players get older and less effective.
Quote:Same way ours regressed in 08.  Players get older and less effective.

Look at our 2008 roster if you truly believe our defense had as much talent as Carolina does right now.
Quote:Look at our 2008 roster if you truly believe our defense had as much talent as Carolina does right now.

Spicer, Hayward, and Henderson were all coming off very good years much like Kawan Short last year.  But look at their edge rushers, they were hardly productive last year.  Well their edge rushers are worse this year and teams are focusing more on Short.  I wasn't saying our 08 team had as much talent but our 07 team did on the Dline and it regressed badly in 08 much like Carolinas has this year compared to last.  They get good interior push but not much off the edge.  

Short Star Davis Kuechley.  That is the talent of that front 7 there isn't much else.
The thing that is perplexing to me is their running game. They are a top ten or better squad in terms of total Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs and Yards per Rush. Normally, that would go a long way towards success but I think that due to Cam being such an integral part of that along with the borderline criminal shots the Refs are allowing him to take, probably contribute to Mike Shula being a little more conservative with his Franchise QB.

On the surface, it just seems like they are giving up way too many yards through the air.

No team should be able to score 38 points and lose.  It is obviously the defense's fault they lost Sunday.

Quote:The thing that is perplexing to me is their running game. They are a top ten or better squad in terms of total Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs and Yards per Rush. Normally, that would go a long way towards success but I think that due to Cam being such an integral part of that along with the borderline criminal shots the Refs are allowing him to take, probably contribute to Mike Shula being a little more conservative with his Franchise QB.

On the surface, i just seems like they are giving up way too many yards through the air.

When they take away the run game, the Panthers struggle because cam is not a very proficient passer too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5