Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Vs. Eagles At London, England, UK, Game Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars Nation! Smile   A battle of 3-4 teams battle across the Atlantic Ocean, as our Jacksonville Jaguars play against the defending Super Bowl LII Champions Philadelphia Eagles.   Jaguars will both try to even their regular season record  at 4-4, and end their three game losing streak.  Jaguars also have not won a game in four weeks since their 31-12 win over the New York Jets which is their largest margin of victory over an NFL opponent this season. 

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles will still start at QB for the Jaguars, despite being benched in the second half from last Sunday's 20-7 home field loss to the AFC South leading Houston Texans.

Jacksonville also will try to end their two-game regular season losing streak, after winning the first three games of the series and rivalry over Philadelphia, with the Jaguars leading 3 games to 2 in Sunday's  sixth all-time meeting.

Philadelphia defeated Jacksonville by the score of 34-17, in both teams last regular season meeting, played at Lincoln Financial Field back on September 7, 2014. Jaguars will also seeks to win over the Eagles in 12 seasons, a 13-6 win also played and won at Philadelphia back on October 29, 2006.

Fred Taylor scored the only touchdown in that 2006 game with his 15-yard run in the first quarter, followed by Josh Scobee's PAT, and his field goals from 40 yards and 25 yards in the second half for the 13-6 win over the Eagles.

Jacksonville is appearing in their sixth NFL International London game at Wembley Stadium, and own their current 2-3 record. the series that began in 2013. After losing to the San Francisco 49ers in their first game at Wembley 42-10 and the Dallas Cowboys 31-17 in 2014, the Jaguars won the next three games in as many years. Jaguars defeated the Buffalo Bills 34-31 in the 2015 Wembley game, 30-27 in 2016, and their best game last season, a 44-7 rout to the Baltimore Ravens, and all games before their mid-season Week 9 bye week.

NFL Network pregame and postgame hosts Rich Eisen, Michael Irvin, Steve Mariucci and Kurt Warner are announcing the live TV game commentary, simulcasted locally over-the-air in Northeast Florida on WFOX Channel 30, Internationally on The NFL Network, and Sky Sports from Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand, all networks seen on HD.

Frank Frangie also announces the live game play-by-play along with former Jaguars players Jeff Lageman and Tony Boselli as the live game analysts simulcast on flagship stations WJXL 1010AM and 92.5FM, WGNE 99.9FM, and The Jaguars Radio Network.

Mostly sunny skies at 50 degrees, feels like 44 degrees, is the local game forecast inside Wembley Stadium, in the borough of Wembley in the Greater London region, for the 9:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, and 2:35 PM local London Time kickoff, along with 3% precipitation, 53% humidity, and northeastern winds at 14 miles per hour.

Head Linesman John Hussey will also lead the NFL officiating team supervising the game action at Wembley Stadium playing field between the Jaguars and Eagles.

NO injuries, end your losing streak to even both your regular season record at 4-4 and 3-3 at Wembley Stadium in London after Sunday, before you arrive back to Jacksonville, FL to start your Week 9 bye week, and enjoy the support of the British Jags in the UK, and LET'S GO JAGUARS!!!!! DUUUUVALLLL!!!!!   Wink Smile  Cool   Big Grin

2018 Jaguars Vs. Eagles Live NFL Game Center, and Team Injury Reports:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201810280...ab=preview

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/...eport.html
Huge game for both teams
Must win for the Jags or the season is all but done.
I'm far from convinced that I'll be waking up for this one. The hope of seeing Bortles benched for the last time is the only thing giving me incentive to set my alarm clock.
(10-28-2018, 07:06 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard on the news that 4 Jaguar players were detained by London police for not paying their bar tab at a London pub. Can it get any worse?

Fake news. Getting arrested is IN.
I've been up all day and night... I'm drunk as [BLEEP] and I still have 1 1/2 hours before this game starts... I hate these London games. Having to get up at 6:30am on a Sunday is stupid and this game needs to hurry up. Wasn't about to go to sleep at 3am after being out all night, knowing I have to get up to watch this stupid London game. I can't wait until it's over.
Good luck jags. Hope you find a way to win this one and get back on track
(10-28-2018, 08:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been up all day and night... I'm drunk as [BLEEP] and I still have 1 1/2 hours before this game starts... I hate these London games. Having to get up at 6:30am on a Sunday is stupid and this game needs to hurry up. Wasn't about to go to sleep at 3am after being out all night, knowing I have to get up to watch this stupid London game. I can't wait until it's over.

Did you pay your bar tab?
(10-28-2018, 08:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been up all day and night... I'm drunk as [BLEEP] and I still have 1 1/2 hours before this game starts... I hate these London games. Having to get up at 6:30am on a Sunday is stupid and this game needs to hurry up. Wasn't about to go to sleep at 3am after being out all night, knowing I have to get up to watch this stupid London game. I can't wait until it's over.

You and barry church pull an all nighter?
(10-28-2018, 08:24 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]

You and barry church pull an all nighter?

I'm surprised they're allowing him to post from the jail house.
(10-28-2018, 08:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you pay your bar tab?

If they rang it up at $64k I sure as hell wouldn't have... And if they tried to make me I'd be throwing some [BLEEP] hands, that's for sure

(10-28-2018, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:24 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]You and barry church pull an all nighter?

We got released hours ago, didn't stop me from throwing back a few more shots for the forum.
(10-28-2018, 08:26 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Did you pay your bar tab?

If they rang it up at $64k I sure as hell wouldn't have... And if they tried to make me I'd be throwing some [BLEEP] hands, that's for sure

(10-28-2018, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised they're allowing him to post from the jail house.

We got released hours ago, didn't stop me from throwing back a few more shots for the forum.

You're a good man.
(10-28-2018, 08:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:26 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If they rang it up at $64k I sure as hell wouldn't have... And if they tried to make me I'd be throwing some [BLEEP] hands, that's for sure

You're a good man.

I got around 4 hours left in me until this game is done and i'm passing out for the day. So thhat means I can't stop now, this shot has your name on it my homiebiscuit
The game doesn't start until 10:30 PM where I am. I'll try to watch as much as I can before the eyelids start slamming shut. If the first quarter looks like a continuance of the last three games, I'll get plenty of sleep.
(10-28-2018, 08:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You're a good man.

I got around 4 hours left in me until this game is done and i'm passing out for the day. So thhat means I can't stop now, this shot has your name on it my homiebiscuit

Dilly dilly!
(10-28-2018, 08:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I got around 4 hours left in me until this game is done and i'm passing out for the day. So thhat means I can't stop now, this shot has your name on it my homiebiscuit

Dilly dilly!

Dilly dilly!
I got sick yesterday, is it whiskey, lemon, honey, tea, and more whiskey for the sore throat? I don't feel like I'm going to be able to perform up to my usual high standards of yelling at the tv without some kind of treatment.

(10-28-2018, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:24 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]You and barry church pull an all nighter?

You really can get anything you want on the inside.
(10-28-2018, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The game doesn't start until 10:30 PM where I am. I'll try to watch as much as I can before the eyelids start slamming shut. If the first quarter looks like a continuance of the last three games, I'll get plenty of sleep.

I live on the West coast, so the games are always early for me regardless on Sundays. these London games are just stupid though. 6:30am to watch a football game... Only because it's the Jags i'll deal with it, but even then I'm not happy about it.

(10-28-2018, 08:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 08:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I got around 4 hours left in me until this game is done and i'm passing out for the day. So thhat means I can't stop now, this shot has your name on it my homiebiscuit

Dilly dilly!

The dilliest of the dilly!
(10-28-2018, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The game doesn't start until 10:30 PM where I am. I'll try to watch as much as I can before the eyelids start slamming shut. If the first quarter looks like a continuance of the last three games, I'll get plenty of sleep.

Japan?
(10-28-2018, 08:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I got sick yesterday, is it whiskey, lemon, honey, tea, and more whiskey for the sore throat?  I don't feel like I'm going to be able to perform up to my usual high standards of yelling at the tv without some kind of treatment.

(10-28-2018, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised they're allowing him to post from the jail house.

You really can get anything you want on the inside.

Feel better man.

If we're down by 3 scores at halftime I'm just going to sleep. Not even gonna bother with the 2nd half if its that bad again.