Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bye week predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What changes/adjustments are you expecting or anticipating? Any coaching or personnel moves? Who’s getting arrested etc etc....

You know the drill.
Prob try to pick up another RB.
I see zero changes coming up
Still passing on 3rd and 1 and injuries destroying the roster.

But we may break that L record this week!
(10-28-2018, 03:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I see zero changes coming up

Well i did notice Chark getting more playing time ahead of Cole. I think Cole might find himself on the bench after the bye, and deservedly so.
I hope it involves prepping for lots of usage of a Fournette/Yeldon two-back set.

And yeah, I'd be prepping Chark and Westbrook for more prominent offensive roles as well.
(10-28-2018, 03:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Well i did notice Chark getting more playing time ahead of Cole. I think Cole might find himself on the bench after the bye.

I think they were hoping for a WR battle and them competing for depth chart and pushing each other. It still looks as undecided as week 1, Dede has done well but still goes quiet, Cole has been really up and down, what happened after the wonder catch? And Moncrief looks like a 1 year contract guy. Chark has been getting a bit better each week. 

Which you'd expect from a rookie.
(10-28-2018, 03:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Well i did notice Chark getting more playing time ahead of Cole. I think Cole might find himself on the bench after the bye, and deservedly so.

Yeah, that would be nice to see.  Cole isn't the player he was last year or early in the season
(10-28-2018, 03:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it involves prepping for lots of usage of a Fournette/Yeldon two-back set.

And yeah, I'd be prepping Chark and Westbrook for more prominent offensive roles as well.

From what I’ve gathered in the post game comments, Doug isn’t very confident in the O-Line’s run blocking ability. If that doesn’t change in a week I wouldn’t expect much chance in our running approach.
(10-28-2018, 03:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 03:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it involves prepping for lots of usage of a Fournette/Yeldon two-back set.

From what I’ve gathered in the post game comments, Doug isn’t very confident in the O-Line’s run blocking ability. If that doesn’t change in a week I wouldn’t expect much chance in our running approach.

They won't play the #2 team against the run every week and those playing-through-injury linemen get some needed rest to heal up a bit.  That can shift their approach a bit. 

Plus - they haven't had the personnel to run that 2-back set which is already in their playbook - and Hyde hasn't had time to learn it. 

After the bye - If they've got Hyde, Fournette and a rested Yeldon available - they can get back to using it.
Fire the OC.

Bortles needs to be on the move every play. Running needs to be an option on every play.

RUN THE BALL.

I would also put them in pads every day, put them in a hotel, curfew, etc but I'm sure the CBA bans all that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Hayden hasn't looked great when healthy and Patmon's a special teams player. If the injury to Meeks is significant, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Caldwell try and make something happen to get a veteran corner in here. Hopefully not a trade, but bringing in a veteran off the street early this week could have him ready to start after the bye if Bouye is still down.

(10-28-2018, 03:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]I would also put them in pads every day, put them in a hotel, curfew, etc but I'm sure the CBA bans all that.

I'd be strongly considering the Band-Aid curfew system after four players spent $16k per man on booze at 4:00 AM two nights before a game halfway across the world. You're in your room at 10:00 PM, and if the Band-Aid isn't still perfectly adhered to your door when the coaches come around for you at 6:00 AM, you sit out the game.
(10-28-2018, 03:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Hayden hasn't looked great when healthy and Patmon's a special teams player. If the injury to Meeks is significant, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Caldwell try and make something happen to get a veteran corner in here. Hopefully not a trade, but bringing in a veteran off the street early this week could have him ready to start after the bye if Bouye is still down.

Hayden actually looked good to me. Patmon played nearly as well in his absence.  

Hayden may be ready to go after the bye and no word on whether Patmon or Herndon's injuries are serious or not. 

If it's not looking good for any of those guys - maybe they sign someone. They'll definitely add a rook DB to the PS I think.
(10-28-2018, 03:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Hayden hasn't looked great when healthy and Patmon's a special teams player. If the injury to Meeks is significant, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Caldwell try and make something happen to get a veteran corner in here. Hopefully not a trade, but bringing in a veteran off the street early this week could have him ready to start after the bye if Bouye is still down.

Hayden was good when healthy. 

Patrick Peterson want Cardinals to trade him. 
(10-28-2018, 02:58 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]What changes/adjustments are you expecting or anticipating? Any coaching or personnel moves? Who’s getting arrested etc etc....

You know the drill.

Chark gets more playing time from this point forth, and Cole gets less PT.

I think the Jaguars will also focus more on running the ball.  With the bye week coming, Fournette has more of a chance to get healthy, and by then, Hyde should know the offense.
i predict we lose this week
(10-28-2018, 03:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]i predict we lose this week

As long as our star receiver doesn't get suspended indef--oh, right, we don't have a star WR. Dammit Cole, what happened?! Has two years of catching "passes" from Bortles ruined him?
(10-28-2018, 03:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 02:58 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]What changes/adjustments are you expecting or anticipating? Any coaching or personnel moves? Who’s getting arrested etc etc....

You know the drill.

Chark gets more playing time from this point forth, and Cole gets less PT.

I think the Jaguars will also focus more on running the ball.  With the bye week coming, Fournette has more of a chance to get healthy, and by then, Hyde should know the offense.

Fournette HAS to be back after the bye. There's something not quite right there, something they aren't saying. Was the injury week 3 worse than they thought? Is he waiting to be 100% when others are playing less? I know hamstrings are tough to judge.

He's been a major disappointment this year and we built so much around him for this year. If he's going to miss more than 2-3 games just IR him.
(10-28-2018, 03:30 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 03:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]i predict we lose this week

As long as our star receiver doesn't get suspended indef--oh, right, we don't have a star WR. Dammit Cole, what happened?! Has two years of catching "passes" from Bortles ruined him?

Cole is trash. He's afraid to get hit. Can't teach that out of him.
(10-28-2018, 03:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Fire the OC.

Bortles needs to be on the move every play. Running needs to be an option on every play.

RUN THE BALL.

I would also put them in pads every day, put them in a hotel, curfew, etc but I'm sure the CBA bans all that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

No.

I am not happy with the offensive production...and the play calling hasn't been great.

But I still maintain the offense has been grossly hindered by the loss of the top two LTs (though i think Walker actually had a decent game, the downblock whiff notwithstanding), and by Fournette's absence (putting aside Bortles' shortcomings for the moment).

Last year, starting about November, the offense was productive, and the passing game had a more versatile approach.  The team attacked downfield with intermediate and deep passes.

Just like Marrone didn't forget how to coach, neither did Hackett.

(10-28-2018, 03:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2018, 03:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Chark gets more playing time from this point forth, and Cole gets less PT.

Fournette HAS to be back after the bye. There's something not quite right there, something they aren't saying. Was the injury week 3 worse than they thought? Is he waiting to be 100% when others are playing less? I know hamstrings are tough to judge.

He's been a major disappointment this year and we built so much around him for this year. If he's going to miss more than 2-3 games just IR him.

I cringed when I saw him limp off the field against the Giants, because i was afraid that injury might linger throughout the year.

If he can't be 100% by the Colts game, just as a fan from the outside looking in, I can understand putting him on IR and being done with him for the year.
Pages: 1 2