Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ship Fowler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would you make the move to trade Fowler? The offense is struggling. The defense will still have it's momentum without him. He is on his last year. Get something in return to help on offense.  Whether a trade for a player or future picks. Do you help the offense now for a chance to save the season? Or improve for next year?
(10-28-2018, 04:01 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Would you make the move to trade Fowler? The offense is struggling. The defense will still have it's momentum without him. He is on his last year. Get something in return to help on offense.  Whether a trade for a player or future picks. Do you help the offense now for a chance to save the season? Or improve for next year?

I'm not sure what kind of trade value Fowler has at this point.

He's got, what, 2 sacks on the year?  This is his last year on his contract.  Any team that wants him can wait until the offseason.
It's all about the price - but I know Glazer reported today that teams were interested in Fowler.
No. When Campbell gets old then Fowler can replace him.
(10-28-2018, 04:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about the price - but I know Glazer reported today that teams were interested in Fowler.

Well, if they trade Fowler, we know they have resigned themselves to not making the playoffs.

From another perspective, Smoot (a pick most were not too keen on when made) has been a healthy inactive all year.  If the team does not trade Fowler, you can argue it's as much an indictment of Smoot's lack of ability/development as it is anything else.  If Smoot were active, in the rotation and making plays, it would be easier to trade Fowler at this point if there is demand for him.
Smoot. Lol

What a terrible pick. Like why would anybody draft a guy like that?
You only trade him if you will get a higher pick than you get with him leaving as a FA.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
(10-28-2018, 04:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]You only trade him if you will get a higher pick than you get with him leaving as a FA.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This. 5th round would probably be the offer.
5th so basically Fowler for Hyde. Bummer.
(10-28-2018, 04:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about the price - but I know Glazer reported today that teams were interested in Fowler.

Anyone offering me a 3rd or better and hes gone.
(10-28-2018, 04:01 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Would you make the move to trade Fowler? The offense is struggling. The defense will still have it's momentum without him. He is on his last year. Get something in return to help on offense.  Whether a trade for a player or future picks. Do you help the offense now for a chance to save the season? Or improve for next year?

If someone will cough up a four, a tackle that can block or a WR that can catch, sure, why not at this point?
I'd trade him for a 4th in a heartbeat. If Donald Penn didn't go on IR, I would've traded Fowler straight up for him. At least he'd be better than what we have. With Penn injured though, that doesn't help us.
I think he could be a good player for us. But I doubt he resigns with us. We're too messed up right now.
No at some point we have to retain the few play makers we managed to draft.
I'd give the Saints a second round pick for Bridgewater. Next year is supposedly a bad year for QBs, so a second would be worth it.
(10-28-2018, 08:34 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I'd give the Saints a second round pick for Bridgewater.  Next year is supposedly a bad year for QBs, so a second would be worth it.

The jets offered him to the jags in the preseason and we declined.
(10-28-2018, 08:34 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I'd give the Saints a second round pick for Bridgewater.  Next year is supposedly a bad year for QBs, so a second would be worth it.

I would be pissed with a move like this.

Yes I think Bridgewater has a good mind and makes good decisions.

Yes, I think there is an argument to be made this team would be better off with a good veteran signal caller than chancing it with a rookie.

But if we wanted Bridgewater, we could have had him for nothing this past offseason.  If we turned around and traded a 2nd for him now, that would be downright embarrassing.  Besides, I still worry about his knee.
It's all moot. Caldwell would screw up any pick we got for him anyway.

Lol
There is a fair bit of interest on our board in Fowler, especially since the timetable on Joey Bosa's return is still up in the air. 

I don't know if the Chargers' brain trust feels the same way, though.
Pages: 1 2 3