Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign Landry Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://twitter.com/1010xltyler/status/1...73763?s=21

Let the squirt gun competition begin
Landry Jones is horrible.  If they bring him in, I don't understand the purpose.
Trick or treat...
I am very confused.

Is Kessler or Blake hurt? Why are we about to have 3 QBs?
(10-31-2018, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I am very confused.

Got to have somebody to backup Kessler when Blake is cut. 

Just kidding! Smile

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/...11553?s=21
I don't like that there is "health" reports on Bortles now. I guess we are moving towards the spin cycle. The Front Office is laying the ground work for next year already. Everyone on offense is hurt and just imagine how the season would have worked out if we had been healthy.
(10-31-2018, 10:13 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]

Got to have somebody to backup Kessler when Blake is cut. 

Just kidding! Smile

Although it's highly unlikely, this thought did cross my mind.
Weird.

I guess Blake got banged up and it’s more serious than initially thought.
Actually Blake was at the hospital for what idk i saw the same guy who broke the Fowler trade tweeted that.
Hearing shoulder injury for Blake on the radio
Non throwing shoulder injury. Not expected to limit him at this point per 1010, Dempsey.

As much as dude has been crushed in his career it is almost miraculous that he has not been seriously injured prior to this.
Not sure we can find a worse QB than Jones...
(10-31-2018, 10:41 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure we can find a worse QB than Jones...

Sure we could there is Kap, Bridgwater, tebow, ect ect ect
This would give them the perfect opportunity to try Kessler for a game (or even part of a game if it didn't go well), to see what he can do, without it looking like a benching. "We'd prefer not to have to play Blake this week, so we're starting Kessler. Blake is available if we feel we need him".
(10-31-2018, 10:45 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2018, 10:41 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure we can find a worse QB than Jones...

Sure we could there is Kap, Bridgwater, tebow, ect ect ect

What a staggeringly elite group to be a part of right? lol. Yeesh, the recent moves makes you believe our FO is in panic mode. I dig it, they want to save the season, but the one position they are sorely hurting at (LT) got 0 attention.
(10-31-2018, 11:01 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]What a staggeringly elite group to be a part of right? lol. Yeesh, the recent moves makes you believe our FO is in panic mode. I dig it, they want to save the season, but the one position they are sorely hurting at (LT) got 0 attention.
Ereck Flowers says " But what about me?"
(10-31-2018, 11:01 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2018, 10:45 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure we could there is Kap, Bridgwater, tebow, ect ect ect

What a staggeringly elite group to be a part of right? lol. Yeesh, the recent moves makes you believe our FO is in panic mode. I dig it, they want to save the season, but the one position they are sorely hurting at (LT) got 0 attention.

Exactly!
(10-31-2018, 11:01 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2018, 10:45 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure we could there is Kap, Bridgwater, tebow, ect ect ect

It's a #3 QB insurance signing - not a "compete to start" signing. LOL. 

What do you propose at LT?  

Signing a guy off the street to back up your back up QB is absolutely nothing like trying to fix Left Tackle mid-season.  Fixing LT midseason is a tough get for any team that didn't have depth coming in - and we're on our third guy there. 

- Hyde was an easy get and he (on paper) seems to fill a role they were missing due to injury. 
 - Picks for a rotational player wh had 8 games on his contract wasn't a bad move by any stretch. 
 - Signing a "just a guy" to be your "just a guy" #3 QB is a sidebar that likely never makes any impact whatsoever. 

I'm not sure what miracles we're expecting here.  They aren't likely to try and supplant Bortles unless he has multiple consecutive meltdown games. And he just had a pretty good outing in London to offset that. There's a really good chance he begins 2019 as the starter as well, though I wouldn't bank on him finishing it.
Pages: 1 2 3