Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looking Ahead to Indy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In eight days from now the Jags will be getting warmed up on the field in Indy. 
They are likely to have a back-field boasting Leonard Fournette, Carlos Hyde, and TJ Yeldon. 
We hope the banged up O-Line will be a bit healthier and perhaps Yeldon will be too. 

That said, it stands to reason the team will look to run the ball quite a bit against a defense giving up 4.1 YPC and 110 yards per game. 

The question is what happens if the O-Line isn't creating lanes and the backs aren't making magic happen without that help? We've seen that play out too frequently this season and the offense doesn't usually have a great response. 

I tend to think they'll get the run game back on track to some extent and continue to allow Blake to throw the dink and dunk stuff in between those runs.  A few deep shots to Chark and Westbrook make sense as well against the colts secondary.

What are your thoughts on how this one plays out for the Jags and their struggling offense?
(11-03-2018, 11:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]In eight days from now the Jags will be getting warmed up on the field in Indy. 
They are likely to have a back-field boasting Leonard Fournette, Carlos Hyde, and TJ Yeldon. 
We hope the banged up O-Line will be a bit healthier and perhaps Yeldon will be too. 

That said, it stands to reason the team will look to run the ball quite a bit against a defense giving up 4.1 YPC and 110 yards per game. 

The question is what happens if the O-Line isn't creating lanes and the backs aren't making magic happen without that help? We've seen that play out too frequently this season and the offense doesn't usually have a great response. 

I tend to think they'll get the run game back on track to some extent and continue to allow Blake to throw the dink and dunk stuff in between those runs.  A few deep shots to Chark and Westbrook make sense as well against the colts secondary.

What are your thoughts on how this one plays out for the Jags and their struggling offense?

I have no faith that Fournette will play.

If the O-Line isn't creating holes, I'm assuming that means we'll see more of Yeldon since he seems like the one back who can create something out of nothing every so often.  Fournette is incapable of doing so and not sure Hyde can do that either.

If the run game isn't working, I'm not sure that means our offense is toast.  Our offense was better against the Eagles in the 2nd half when we abandoned the run.  They just needed to call one or two more runs at opportune moments instead of completely abandoning it.
It’s a divisional game so honestly all bets are off. But historically we’ve always been able to run against the Colts. Even in years when our Oline has been hobbled
(11-03-2018, 11:50 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2018, 11:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]In eight days from now the Jags will be getting warmed up on the field in Indy. 

I have no faith that Fournette will play.

If the O-Line isn't creating holes, I'm assuming that means we'll see more of Yeldon since he seems like the one back who can create something out of nothing every so often.  Fournette is incapable of doing so and not sure Hyde can do that either.

If the run game isn't working, I'm not sure that means our offense is toast.  Our offense was better against the Eagles in the 2nd half when we abandoned the run.  They just needed to call one or two more runs at opportune moments instead of completely abandoning it.

Schefter and ESPN have both reported that Fournette is expected to play citing a "source close to the team." 
I'm hoping their source is legit.
As a sidenote for this upcoming game, Andrew Luck has quietly been playing well in recent weeks. Our defense will need to come prepared.
(11-03-2018, 12:31 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]As a sidenote for this upcoming game, Andrew Luck has quietly been playing well in recent weeks. Our defense will need to come prepared.

He’s money in the red zone and if the Jags give them favorable field position, it’s going to be another loss.
I've never seen the injury excuse driven so hard ever than on this board lol. It's ok to take off the teal shades... admit the offensive line who had 4/5 starters playing... have absolutely sucked in the first half of the season. The excuses have reached an all time high.

Now, with a bye week, maybe head coach and offensive line guru Doug "Bologna" Marrone is able to hammer down some basics to blocking. Then again probably not, but I do remain optimistic. I've been saying I do expect the Jags to be tied in first place, yes FIRST PLACE, in the division by week 11. I think the Jags will easily handle the Colts/Steelers, while the Texans lose to the Broncos/Skins.

Fournette playing? Who cares. He probably will get a mosquito bite on his hammy and not play. Hyde is plenty good enough to carry the load. Let Hyde be the engine, let LF27 be the water bottle runner. We shipped out a 5th rounder for this guy and he's actually healthy, give him the rock.

Prediction? JAGS 30 - Clots 20; BOAT with 3 TDs and 300 yds.
(11-03-2018, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2018, 11:50 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no faith that Fournette will play.

Schefter and ESPN have both reported that Fournette is expected to play citing a "source close to the team." 

Didn't Lageman comment, either on the pregame show or with Mike Dempsey last Tuesday, that he was surprised to see Fournette warming up before the Eagles game and showed no signs of an injury.
(11-03-2018, 02:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2018, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Schefter and ESPN have both reported that Fournette is expected to play citing a "source close to the team." 

Didn't Lageman comment, either on the pregame show or with Mike Dempsey last Tuesday, that he was surprised to see Fournette warming up before the Eagles game and showed no signs of an injury.

I know he talked about it on the Monday show with Pete Prisco as he was filling in for Boselli.  It wasn't discussed as "hey this is great he is almost healthy".  It was talked about more as if something else is going on and that some didnt believe he was actually hurt.
(11-03-2018, 12:31 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]As a sidenote for this upcoming game, Andrew Luck has quietly been playing well in recent weeks. Our defense will need to come prepared.

The Colts have been running the ball well and have been using a balanced offense.  Going to be a tough one for us.  Let's hope the extra rest helps.  On the injury deal, of course it is being used as an excuse.  The new injury reporting makes no sense and it is hard to say how bad the injuries are overall.  I won't give the coaches a pass on the injuries but the football operations and next season aren't up to me.

It's because of their oline.  With a healthy Castonzo and Kelly, and the additions of Nelson and Smith the oline is suddenly of of the better units in the league
The Colts look like a different team offensively since Doyle came back. Hard to defend him and Ebron both when they run the two TE set.

I'm afraid they are going to score on us and big.
Who knows where we will be injury wise. Fournette back would be great and as many of Bouye, Hayden and Patmon as possible. How bad is Blake's injury?

Well we will see what we have in our locker room next Sunday. I expect some fight from this team, not giving up at the first bump in the road, some execution, some gameplanning, some scheming and a team ready to prove the last 4 games isn't representative of their true quality. This is a must win if we have any hope of January football. Luck and the Colts have been doing ok but we should be beating them. Feels like a while since we played Luck but they are throwing an awful lot and that's what this D is built for. 

I don't care how ugly the win is but we have to win this.
Yeah Luck has been playing well lately second in the league with 23 td passes.
if we can't beat the colts the seasons done.
The Jags have to commit to the run
Relying on Fournette is foolish. I think the front office now realizes that and one day the majority of fans will too. Hell he quit on his college team what’s gonna change after getting money?
(11-04-2018, 08:59 AM)P. Haze Wrote: [ -> ]Relying on Fournette is foolish. I think the front office know realizes that and one day the majority of fans will too. Hell he quit on his college team what’s gonna change after getting money?

Are you insinuating that Fournette sitting out his teams bowl game was quitting on his college team?
It will be interesting too see our running game. Hyde didn't do much last game, but that's not a knock on him. He had been a Jaguar for like 5 minutes. With a couple weeks to get adjusted, I think him, and LF will have a chance to have some success.

What really concerns me is our defense. Luck is looking like his old self, and our defense stacked with pro-bowlers is looking like the old Jags... from 2016. We are getting shredded and exposed, and I don't see Wash making very good adjustments. Our players can make plays here and there, but our scheme of playing 20 yards off the receiver is not working. Colts offense is looking better than the Jags defense right now.
If we don’t turn the ball over, we win a close one. If we don’t turn the ball over AND create a turnover or two, I think we blow them out behind a dominant, clock eating run game. That’s the trick though. We haven’t done the above for the majority of the season. Hoping they’ve instilled a sense of urgency with ball security leading up to this game.

We’re lucky to be 3-5 being -11 in turnover margin on the season with 18 total turnovers. That’s more than 2 per game. Time for that trend to change.
Pages: 1 2 3