Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interview With Bortles About Benching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25401...uture-team

Said all the right things.

If any one cared to read it.
The reasons for benching. 22:57 to 25:08.  The worst passes ever by a NFL qb.
(11-28-2018, 05:24 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]The reasons for benching. 22:57 to 25:08.  The worst passes ever by a NFL qb.

Good Lord, Jiffy Lube has better mechanics than Bortles.
(11-28-2018, 05:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Good Lord, Jiffy Lube has better mechanics than Bortles.

Ok that was funny.
Jags will probably Cut him next year and eat his salary. The dead cap will hurt next season, but it will be best for both parties. Blake gets a new start and Jacksonville tries to find a QB to can give them competent play
I hope they could sucker some team to give us a late round pick but not with that salary.

Blake seems like a good dude just not an nfl QB. Interesting Tight end though
He has a bright future in construction ripping cigs
(11-29-2018, 12:07 AM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]He has a bright future in construction ripping cigs

That's only if he wants to continue out his dream of what he'd be doing if he didn't ever play in the NFL.

He'll have made almost $50m so far in the NFL. He doesn't ever have to work again if he doesn't want to.
Watching his interview tonight on WJXT-4 on this very topic, I wonder how much, if any, of his regression this year was due to him losing the daily relationship and contact with Chad Henne. We all know he has been inconsistent thru pretty much all of his career, and this might be a bit of a stretch, but good relationships in the NFL carry a lot more weight than most outsiders would even know about. Of course, he played pretty well early for a couple of games this year, and certainly injuries had a huge effect on his play, but he bounced back pretty well last year in December after hitting a bit of a November slump. A veteran backup who wants to see you succeed is invaluable in those situations. Mahomes was interviewed in the pre-season and was raving about what a great mentor Henne was for him. Just speculatin....
Not surprisingly he sounds pretty broken.

I know most QBs wanna be star and start every week but Blake can have another 10+ years as a good backup/spot starter in the NFL. Kinda like Ryan Fitz.
Myles Jack is a classy dude. That interview with him was great. I've talked to him a few times when he's come into my work and he's always so polite and cool. He wants to be great and wants everyone to do well. Will literally stand around and take pictures with everyone and actually give a damn.
I like how Jeff said he had 6 specifics but showed 3. The single high safety was huge. Back in the day you paid for that.

It was disheartening to hear Lags says they needed a better backup at the start. Ouch it is going to stay ugly.
what a waste of 5 years.....smh
Interviewing the backup QB...you dont see that often
(11-29-2018, 08:38 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]what a waste of 5 years.....smh

It was not a waste. We got to the AFC Championship game and should have won it. He is good with good pieces around him, but this season he faltered when his OL went down and his WRs forgot how to catch.
(11-29-2018, 09:38 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2018, 08:38 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]what a waste of 5 years.....smh

It was not a waste. We got to the AFC Championship game and should have won it. He is good with good pieces around him, but this season he faltered when his OL went down and his WRs forgot how to catch.

Simple.

I keep harping on this. He'll be starting next year pending a big QB signing.
(11-29-2018, 09:47 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2018, 09:38 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]It was not a waste. We got to the AFC Championship game and should have won it. He is good with good pieces around him, but this season he faltered when his OL went down and his WRs forgot how to catch.

Simple.

You guys and you're logic...sheesh.
(11-29-2018, 09:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2018, 09:47 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]Simple.

You guys and you're logic...sheesh.

Its the truth. We're not saying dude is a great QB. We're saying that when his offense wasn't decimated with injuries, he got us to the AFCC game. Even he knows he hasn't played well this season.
BLAKE BORTLES DID NOT GET US TO THE AFCC GAME!!! STOP SAYING IT! He was simply along for the ride. This is like saying Trent Dilfer won the SB for the Ravens.

Why are you people so delusional about Bortles?
(11-29-2018, 10:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]BLAKE BORTLES DID NOT GET US TO THE AFCC GAME!!! STOP SAYING IT! He was simply along for the ride. This is like saying Trent Dilfer won the SB for the Ravens.

Why are you people so delusional about Bortles?

Whoa daddy, all caps. You must really mean it. Buuuuwwwwaaaaaaaa!!!!. Do you think they were there with friggin Kessler playing all year? I'll tell you, not a chance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6