Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kessler the one bright spot on the team tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
He had very little help from the offensive line or receivers(outside Dede).   He Threw nice accurate passes most of the night.

I would like to see what he could do behind a solid offensive line and a real receiving threat.
He doesn't have a cannon arm, but he can move around a bit and shows good accuracy when he doesn't have three 6'5" 290 lb. defensive linemen crashing down in his face. He could be a good game manager, and that might be exactly what we need while a first-round rookie is brought along.
Sure if by bright spot you mean a flickering 20 Watt bulb.
(12-07-2018, 12:23 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn't have a cannon arm, but he can move around a bit and shows good accuracy when he doesn't have three 6'5" 290 lb. defensive linemen crashing down in his face. He could be a good game manager, and that might be exactly what we need while a first-round rookie is brought along.

Despite his size, he took a beating today and kept getting back up.  The line did him 0 favors.
1 TD pass in two games and a whopping 15 points scored in those two games combined and Kessler is being congratulated?

Did I miss something?
he also had a fumble that lead to a tittians tD.
(12-07-2018, 12:28 AM)#1calijagfan Wrote: [ -> ]1 TD pass in two games and a whopping 15 points scored in those two games combined and Kessler is being congratulated?

Did I miss something?

Yes.
He'sa mediocre backup. Yes he's fine in that role and could probably win a few on a stacked team.

However he's worse than the guy now holding the clipboard
(12-07-2018, 12:28 AM)#1calijagfan Wrote: [ -> ]1 TD pass in two games and a whopping 15 points scored in those two games combined and Kessler is being congratulated?

Did I miss something?

Stats don't tell alll the tale.   Receivers dropping balls, line not blocking, ref's bogus penalties.

0 ints is a decent stat.
Haha wow people really have it out for Blake. Kessler gets 1 TD in 2 full games and hes a "bright spot"
Bortles starts?
Him and Bortles have something in common... they try hard.

I guess this thread is applauding his effort... which is fair. He did try at least. There was like only 10 of the 53 actually playing out there today.

Did I miss something?

How about 2 or 3 Titans defenders blowing through the OL and chasing him out of the pocket on almost every passing play?  No QB would do well under those circumstances.
Add to that receivers dropping or not reaching catchable balls.
(12-07-2018, 12:33 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Him and Bortles have something in common... they try hard.

I guess this thread is applauding his effort... which is fair. He did try at least. There was like only 10 of the 53 actually playing out there today.

agree
Why are people acting like the oline just now has not blocked and the receivers are just now dropping footballs.

I remember when dumb [BLEEP] people on this board were saying the defense wasn’t playing hard because of bortles.

I don’t want bortles here anymore, but to act like Kessler did something good tonight besides make about two or three good throws is just plain stupid.

We had two points scored until we were down by 28. I think going into the second quarter we had 11 total yards.

Nothing Kessler did tonight impressed and nothing he did last week impressed. Get a grip. It doesn’t matter though. Kessler is going to have a stinker of a game soon and everyone on this board will turn on him with the drop of a hat.
Today was almost a stinker. Pepe would be reacting quite differently if Titans had held on to a couple of picks this week.
58% percent pass completion. Bravo!
I think Kessler has a lot pf promise. He's a smart player who throws a nice ball. He can take a hit and make the occasional positive play with his feet. Pretty good pocket awareness and overall decent QB skills. Is he a franchise QB? I dunno but he was a good pickup for the price, IMO. He could be a bridge to the next guy and a solid backup.
(12-07-2018, 12:40 AM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Today was almost a stinker. Pepe would be reacting quite differently if Titans had held on to a couple of picks this week.

And the Dede TD was ridiculously close to not a TD
I didn't see any bright spot in this game. It was a total black void of emptiness.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5