Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Report: Jaguars will move on from Blake Bortles this offseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Report: Jaguars will move on from Blake Bortles this offseason

The Jacksonville Jaguars obviously were not impressed with how Blake Bortles has played this season, which is why he was benched in favor of Cody Kessler in Week 13. According to a new report however, we may have seen Bortles in a Jaguars uniform for the last time.

https://247sports.com/nfl/jaguars/Articl...099tEDVKdo
Thats from ian rappaport same guy who said we trading jalen and teh browns where pursuing Condoleza Rice for head coach. lol Fake news
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1071118197833850881

Bear in mind:
Rapoport is usually accurate when posting stuff like this from "sources" but not always. 
(I think #5 is gone FWIW)
Shucks.
Ah darn …. and just like that there goes our bounce back season.
(12-07-2018, 04:20 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats from ian rappaport same guy who said we trading jalen and ...

Incorrect.

Schefter was the guy that said executives of other teams told him the they might try to trade him if he was on their team. 

Rapoport had nothing to do with that.
(12-07-2018, 04:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1071118197833850881

Bear in mind:
Rapoport is usually accurate when posting stuff like this from "sources" but not always. 

I dont think its a done deal but probably 85-90 % hes gone ian just thowing bleep against the wall to see if it sticks

(12-07-2018, 04:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:20 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats from ian rappaport same guy who said we trading jalen and ...

Incorrect.

Schefter was the guy that said executives of other teams told him the they might try to trade him if he was on their team. 

arnt they like the same person like realy short and weasily?
We all know this is happening. There's no way we're keeping him on the team. Especially if we can use the June cut date and have him cost much less against the cap. Blake is gone, Marrone is gone, Wash is gone, and Caldwell is gone. TC should be good to see if he can turn it around. But after another year or two, if nothing has changed, TC is gone. And by then, the Jags might be gone.... lol kidding kidding, let's get that shipyard done!!
Hope this is true
I hope they fire everyone. Tom Coughlin all the way down to Tony's analytics department.
(12-07-2018, 04:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they fire everyone. Tom Coughlin all the way down to Tony's analytics department.

Do you think Tony will fire himself?  He's an owner, you know.
(12-07-2018, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they fire everyone. Tom Coughlin all the way down to Tony's analytics department.

Do you think Tony will fire himself?  He's an owner, you know.

Yeeeea... his father is the only reason he has anything.

Every year he touts the analytics - this ain't baseball. It's a sport about man-handling your opponent. Analytics need not EVER apply.

It just seems like it's a total waste of time and shouldn't even be a part of the discussion.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...like-back/

(12-07-2018, 04:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think Tony will fire himself?  He's an owner, you know.

Every year he touts the analytics - this ain't baseball. It's a sport about man-handling your opponent. Analytics need not EVER apply.

It just seems like it's a total waste of time and shouldn't even be a part of the discussion.
(12-07-2018, 05:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...like-back/

(12-07-2018, 04:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Yeeeea... his father is the only reason he has anything.

Sorry, I meant analytics in determining player selection... and sometimes the overvaluation of some players.

His cherry picking of stats for Blake Bortles was one I remember vividly
(12-07-2018, 04:29 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1071118197833850881

Bear in mind:

I dont think its a done deal but probably 85-90 % hes gone ian just thowing bleep against the wall to see if it sticks

(12-07-2018, 04:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Incorrect.

He’s not throwing anything against the wall. Lol

You’re just having a hard time comprehending this and you’re not willing to let Blake go.
It's about time. We've given Blake every chance to lock down the starting job, long term and he has failed to live up to his end of the deal. Time to move on.
It;s not like it's any kind of secret or anything.....
Besides with the browns  having a decent QB.....the national press has to
talk about something.  Smile
(12-07-2018, 05:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:29 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think its a done deal but probably 85-90 % hes gone ian just thowing bleep against the wall to see if it sticks

He’s not throwing anything against the wall. Lol

You’re just having a hard time comprehending this and you’re not willing to let Blake go.

im willing to let blake go, long as that idiot morone is gone too. if marone is still here it wont matter what QB you get.
(12-07-2018, 04:16 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Report: Jaguars will move on from Blake Bortles this offseason

In other news, the sky is blue. Except at night, then it's typically black in these parts.
(12-07-2018, 04:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2018, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think Tony will fire himself?  He's an owner, you know.

Not using analytics to help inform decisions is automatically giving your opponents an edge on you.    

Belichick, for instance , has been obsessed with data collection for years and years. Part of what Ernie Adams has been doing since he got there has been scouring for as much important data he can find.  

Nobody makes any decisions based only on analytics. Film and background study still applies.
Pages: 1 2 3