Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What About Bringing Bortles back as a Left Handed QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since he is going to so much dead money on the cap anyway this is basically a freeroll situation.  He has physical talent maybe his mechanics will be better as a lefty if he practices.
YES
Lol, this is getting rediculous.
Logan Thomas 2.0.

He should play TE. He can't throw but maybe he can catch !
Didn't he play linebacker in high school? I kid, I kid.
Long snapper! No, wait.............requires accuracy.
Great idea.  Maybe you can bring Tebow in to teach him how a lefty throws.
(12-09-2018, 09:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea.  Maybe you can bring Tebow in to teach him how a lefty throws.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.
I'm curious as to why he switched in the first place.
(12-09-2018, 04:09 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious as to why he switched in the first place.

I don't think he ever switched.  I think he just learned to throw right handed as a kid - even if it's not his most natural orientation. 

This is not uncommon for left handed kids.  I watched my parents, teachers and coaches try repeatedly to make my left handed brother do things right handed when we were kids.  

I also can't believe this thread is real.
(12-09-2018, 01:42 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]Since he is going to so much dead money on the cap anyway this is basically a freeroll situation.  He has physical talent maybe his mechanics will be better as a lefty if he practices.

Is this the real life? 
Trade him straight up for Taysom Hill and a lock of Drew Brees' hair.
LOL
(12-09-2018, 04:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2018, 04:09 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious as to why he switched in the first place.

I don't think he ever switched.  I think he just learned to throw right handed as a kid - even if it's not his most natural orientation. 

This is not uncommon for left handed kids.  I watched my parents, teachers and coaches try repeatedly to make my left handed brother do things right handed when we were kids.  

Was your brother ever successful in any of that? I know a guitar player that's a lefty playing right. He did it from the start due to availability of instruments. But I think that's different, everyone struggles the same on either hand as it's such a foreign task to muscle memory. Throwing a ball is completely different. Your dominant side is clearly better right from the start.
(12-09-2018, 04:05 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2018, 09:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea.  Maybe you can bring Tebow in to teach him how a lefty throws.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Isn't Tebow able to heal the blind, feed the multitudes and walk on water?
(12-09-2018, 06:08 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2018, 04:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he ever switched.  I think he just learned to throw right handed as a kid - even if it's not his most natural orientation. 

Was your brother ever successful in any of that? I know a guitar player that's a lefty playing right. He did it from the start due to availability of instruments. But I think that's different, everyone struggles the same on either hand as it's such a foreign task to muscle memory. Throwing a ball is completely different. Your dominant side is clearly better right from the start.

He was not.  Not in any transformative way. He bucked at anyone that tried to change him though. 
He does everything left handed as an adult - though he has more limb independence than lots of folks.  He's a fantastic drummer, actually.
It is called cross dominance and is a big red flag.

Cross-dominance can often be a problem when shooting or in activities that require aim, although athletes can still achieve success in sports that require accuracy, like passing in American football and shooting in basketball.

In this case no.
I'm that guy. Write and throw right, swing and hit left. I play the drums pretty well and I can shoot with either hand or eye pretty effectively. But for humans who are in the micro-percentage of great NFL QBs I can't see how it would be a benefit.
(12-09-2018, 06:08 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2018, 04:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he ever switched.  I think he just learned to throw right handed as a kid - even if it's not his most natural orientation. 

Phil Mickelson is actually right-handed and the only thing he does left-handed is play golf.  He began at a young age standing across from his father, watching and copying his movements and learned mirror image.
I applaud equally well with both hands.
Pages: 1 2