Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Report: 'Growing Perception' Tom Coughlin Will Coach Jaguars in 2019 (SPECULATION)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's La Canfora. Throw it in the garbage
It's not going to happen. He is too old...
If true, there are worse things in the world than Coughlin taking the job, hand-picking his successor and coaching for a couple of years while the new guy is prepped to take over.

And before you bring it up, McAdumb was not Coughlin's call.
it still wouldn't help jags in the division. tittians would still sweep the jags like they do now every year. Jags need a Super Bowl winning HC that can win division games includeing againest the tittians and can also win with a lousy QB or a Super Star qb. not that jags have a super star qb at all.
I certainly hope not. We need younger coaches with new ideas. Not the same old, same old.
I nominate Tony Romo.
(12-09-2018, 02:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I nominate Tony Romo.

I think Romo has a future as a HC but will likely need experience a position coach or coordinator first.

I would give him big money to be our OC. It's just crazy how this guy is able to read the defense.

I really don't wanna see him leave the booth. He has quickly become my favorite game commentator.
(12-09-2018, 02:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think Romo has a future as a HC but will likely need experience a position coach or coordinator first.

He's way more fun in the booth.
The Tomfather will not give up the power he has over this team to coach. I could see him temp come down this year until he finds his man. But he will chose his coach for next year.
(12-09-2018, 02:09 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]If true, there are worse things in the world than Coughlin taking the job, hand-picking his successor and coaching for a couple of years while the new guy is prepped to take over.

So you basically want another Marrone. Cause that's exactly what someone made in Coughlin's image is going to look like.

We need the exact opposite of the oldest and stodgiest front office man in the league as HC.
I like Coughlin, but let's get someone who understands this is a pass first league. We need a QB the NFL says "MAKE SURE YOU CALL TICKY TACK PENALTIES WHEN THE DEFENSE GETS WITHIN FIVE FEET OF HIM!"
Good maybe then our boneheaded players will act with some respect next season.
Get ready to draft another RB in the 1st. Coughlin has dementia and thinks its 1970.
(12-09-2018, 03:09 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2018, 02:09 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]If true, there are worse things in the world than Coughlin taking the job, hand-picking his successor and coaching for a couple of years while the new guy is prepped to take over.

So you basically want another Marrone. Cause that's exactly what someone made in Coughlin's image is going to look like.

We need the exact opposite of the oldest and stodgiest front office man in the league as HC.

Not hardly. Coughlin's teams are based on discipline and strong balanced offenses. Quite opposite of what Marrone was doing. I'm not advocating for him to take over as coach, but if he did, his approach would be considerably different than Marrone's.
(12-09-2018, 03:09 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

Marrone wouldn't be a bad coach if he knew how to control his locker room and manage personnel. Those are both things Coughlin does well.

Yes, I'd trust Coughlin's judgment on a replacement.
Or if he knew that putting 3 WRs on the field at a time is not only allowed by league rules, but encouraged.
"growing perception"

i.e. "talking head fictional narrative of the moment"

I don't buy it, and I wouldn't want if there were anything to it.
Pages: 1 2 3