Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars @ Dolphins Game Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  Our 4-10 Jacksonville Jaguars are down the Florida Coast to play the 7-7 Miami Dolphins for the first regular season meeting in the battle of Florida's NFL AFC teams in more than three years.  Jaguars will try to play spoilers this afternoon and keep the Dolphins from their postseason playoff hunt.

Both teams are tied at 4-4, and the winner will take the lead in the all-time series, which includes 7 regular season, and 1 postseason game (62-7 Jaguars win over the Dolphins in the 1999 AFC Divisional Playoff Game).

Jacksonville's only regular season to date in the rivalry was their 24-10 win played at then named Landshark Stadium back on December 6, 2006.

Jaguars also won the last regular season meeting when Jason Myers kicked his 28-yard field goal as time expired to win 23-20 at EverBank Field back on September 20, 2015.

Sunny and partly cloudy skies is the game forecast inside Hard Rock Stadium in Opa-Locka, for the 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 56% humidity, and northeast winds at 8 miles per hour.

NO injuries, go for your fifth win of the regular season at South Florida, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the registered members and moderators here in the Duval Pride/Jaguars Fan Forum Message Board, and LET'S GO JAGUARS!!!!!   Wink    Wink    Cool   Big Grin

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201812230...ab=preview

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report

https://506sports.com/

https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats
Sorry, but lately this team make it hard to get excited about even watching.
Hello. Hello.

Is this thing on?
(12-23-2018, 08:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Hello.

Is this thing on?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hello Darkness My Old Friend..........I’ve Come To Talk With You Again.............
I think the Jags defense should do well in this one unless they get stuck on the field to often and wear down in the second half.

I do not think the O-Line will do enough to buy Kessler time or make space for the RBs.

Probably another tale of good defense and a dysfunctional offense not able to put up points.
Maybe we'll get lucky and see Westbrook with a couple of big YAC plays and a RB will find a crease or two, but I'm not terribly optimistic.
Cody Kessler immediately after taking the snap:

[Image: giphy.gif]
over or under on 14 pages to this thread? I vote under.
I think that our defense has to hold the Dolphins to under 10 points for us to have a chance. 9-7 would be our best chance to win.
Is that today?
And the score at the end of the 3rd, Dolphins 3, Baguars Minus 12
Bortles comes in for injured Kessler and leads the Jaguars to 35 point and a dominant victory. As a result, Bortles wins QB job for next season The old gang is back for 2019.
O.K., in pre-season, the Jags beat the Bucs by 15 and the Bucs beat the Dolphins by 2, so.........

Jags by 17 !
Will the Jags score an offensive TD the rest of the season?
The Williams/Smoot/Bryan/DeLuca evaluation period starts in one hour!

I'm gonna go ahead and start drinking now.
(12-23-2018, 01:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The Williams/Smoot/Bryan/DeLuca evaluation period starts in one hour!

So that makes you two behind me, get to work son...
(12-23-2018, 01:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The Williams/Smoot/Bryan/DeLuca evaluation period starts in one hour!

And Lyndon Johnson as well. Call me crazy but I like seeing new players getting a shot and hopefully doing well but still feeling good if we lose because we secure a better draft spot. Chill Sunday Big Grin
(12-23-2018, 12:21 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles comes in for injured Kessler and leads the Jaguars to 35 point and a dominant victory. As a result, Bortles wins QB job for next season The old gang is back for 2019.

Possible.  I can see the Jags and Bortles restructuring the deal and he returns with a shot to start,  but likely to be a backup.

Jags will secure a veteran if available and draft a QB.
(12-23-2018, 01:39 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2018, 12:21 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles comes in for injured Kessler and leads the Jaguars to 35 point and a dominant victory. As a result, Bortles wins QB job for next season The old gang is back for 2019.

Possible.  I can see the Jags and Bortles restructuring the deal and he returns with a shot to start,  but likely to be a backup.

Jags will secure a veteran if available and draft a QB.

So, the Jaguars will acquire Nick foles, Bortles as a backup and draft  haskins to sit on the bench.
It wouldn't surprise me, but Foles is not leaving Philly. No way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19