Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars @ Texans Game Day Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Hi, Jaguars fans!  Smile  Our 5-10 and last place Jacksonville Jaguars, conclude their extremely disappointing 2018 NFL regular season, as they are down west across the Gulf Coast and Interstate 10 to play the AFC South leading and 10-5 Houston Texans, in both teams regular season finale.

Jacksonville was expected, with their record and talent they had on the field and personnel, to continue their success last season when the Jaguars finished with 10-6 regular season record, earned the AFC South Division Champions, and almost went to the Super Bowl when they lost at the New England Patriots.

September was the only winning month all season for Jacksonville, winning 3 of their first 4 games.  Since October on, the Jaguars won only 2 of their 9 games, including a 7-game midseason losing streak.   Both of their wins occurred in December - a 6-0 win over the Colts on December 2, and  their 17-7 win last Sunday at Miami.

Jaguars will try to avenge their 7-20 earlier loss at TIAA Bank Field to the Texans back on October 21.

Houston also leads the all-time regular season series over Jacksonville at 20-13, in today's 34th meeting.

Also Happy New Year To All Jaguars Fans here in the USA and the British Jags here on the Fan Forum and in Europe.

NO injuries, thanks for entertaining us throughout the enduring 20 game 2018 NFL Preseason and Regular Season, which began in training camp in July, and LET'S GO JAGUARS!!!!!! Wink   Smile  DUUUUVALLLLLLL!!!!!!! Cool   Big Grin
GO. ( insert team name )
Wearing my #5 jersey to honor him in his last game as a Jaguar. Thank you for the exciting run last season and the 2015 season where you set franchise passing stats and your blunders that provided entertainment on this forum. You will be missed captain.
Is there a game today?
JJ Watt gonna eat today. God help any QB that is under center today, behind our O Line. I was very unexcited to watch today's game, but knowing that Blake Bortles has 1 more chance to convince the world that the Jaguars need to go QB with our first pick has me eager to watch today.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7204885]
(12-30-2018, 11:32 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]JJ Watt gonna eat today. God help any QB that is under center today, behind our O Line. I was very unexcited to watch today's game, but knowing that Blake Bortles has 1 more chance to convince the world that the Jaguars need to go QB with our first pick has me eager to watch today.

This is why they brought Lee up. As JJ Watt’s tackling dummy, they’re hoping he’ll hold up until Watt is exhausted.
Reasons to watch:

1. Sacksonville contest finale

2. Bon voyage BOAT

3. Tanner Lee’s debut?

4. One more pick six - who will it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BB5 is going to light those stinking tinhorns up. 42-10, Jags.
(12-30-2018, 11:47 AM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: [ -> ]Reasons to watch:

1.  Sacksonville contest finale

2. Bon voyage BOAT

3.  Tanner Lee’s debut?

4.  One more pick six - who will it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee is inactive.
Would love to see them use Bortles running extensively on designed plays.
Sigh, the last week of the season, I'm kind of happy for this car crash of a season to be done but now we have 9 months of no football. Certainly a let down from a season ago.

I think we'll try and play the party pooper, the pressure is on Houston today. Be good to have the Bye Bye Bortles game.

One other thought, when did we last have a season where we played at home the final week? We seem to be on the road every week 17.

Go Jags!
Wasn't the "Give Luck to the clots Game" at home?
(12-30-2018, 01:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't the "Give Luck to the clots Game" at home?

Yep, your right. 2011. 

Well the game was Jan 1st so technically 2012 but the 2011 season.
Hope Bortles goes out in a blaze of glory. Go Jags!
I just realized that this game is being aired in my area.
Whats worse?

Being stuck in Montreal, had been scheduled to depart @ 7:05 & arrive back in JAX @ 12:45. There was a mechanical issue and American Airlines waited 2 hours to call maintenance. It's going to take 3 hours for replacement part to arrive. Rebooked flights now have me arriving @ 10:50 tonight.

Or, watching this team lay another egg.

I think it was a Toby Keith song that said, "I hate to see you go, but love to watch you leave." Good riddance to this dumpster fire of a season. Just a total collapse.

Who's safe? No coaches should be safe. Lambo, Ramsey, Bouye, Jack (@ OLB), Calais, Ngakoue (had to Google spelling), Dede, Cam, Linder, Norwell, Hayden, Smith, & Fournette (with some trepidation).
Like Harrison and Chark's potential.
Saw Lee, his knee is still really swollen. No way he's anywhere close to 100% by camp.

Now its only 10 1/2 more hours til I'm back....
Bouye, Fournette and Flowers (RB) on inactive.

Yes! And Greene!
The last knife in the back for the season..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22