Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why the hell was Hyde starting again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He looked horrible.

Wow cant believe Marrone was extended....

Freaking horrible.
he started for all of you crying we traded a 5th for him to not use him. now you saw why. cry baby
I never wanted the Cleveland trash to start EVER. Yeldon would have got my nod today.

He was insurance only. Yeldon is a better runner and pass catcher.

Surprised that Yeldon didn't start today, if we really wanted to win.
I can only assume the team was being good to yeldon and making sure he was healthy to cash in as a FA
How does a coaching staff/front office retain their jobs, that gave up our 5th rounds pick next year, for an RB that provided no difference in the running game?

Inexcusable.
He has actually been one of the better RBs. But let’s be honest, no matter the talent, neither of them is going to be outstanding behind this OL.
I pointed out that he was trash before he got here as evidence of his stats in CLE this season combined with the success of Chubb. They have a good Oline. People been using that excuse here that our Oline is terrible and he is a good back. He's not good anymore at all. We got robbed.

This FO is the WORST talent evaluators of RB. Gave a top 5 contract to Ivory. Yeldon picked at the top of the second round, franchise RB terrority. Fournette top 5 pick. Traded a 5th for Hyde. Paid Gerhart to be our starting RB.

I mean... how is it possible to be this bad at picking the easiest position to project? How? Lol
(12-30-2018, 05:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]How does a coaching staff/front office retain their jobs, that gave up our 5th rounds pick next year, for an RB that provided no difference in the running game?

Inexcusable.

Consider that when he was acquired, Fournette's ability (and desire) to return to the field in the near future were very much in question, and consider that the typical fifth-round pick has about a 50/50 shot of making it out of training camp, and I don't have too many issues with this deal.
It's noticeable that everyone thinks our rbs are trash since the oline got injured.

Maybe oline is important.
Didn't look like Hyde has a fat tummy. Lol
(12-30-2018, 05:50 PM)Klastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]It's noticeable that everyone thinks our rbs are trash since the oline got injured.

Maybe oline is important.

Explain Hyde's stats in Cleveland. Was it Oline there that led to a 3.4? Doesn't seem to bother the leading rusher in the league since the trade Chubb 5.3 ypc.
Only a back like MJD is going to get 4 yards a carry behind this line with a stacked box.

Sure Hyde is average that's why we gave away a fifth.
(12-30-2018, 05:58 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Only a back like MJD is going to get 4 yards a carry behind this line with a stacked box.

Sure Hyde is average that's why we gave away a fifth.

Ok, so... again.. why was he a walking trash can in Cleveland this season? And again let me remind everyone... 3.4 ypc in CLE, and since the trade Chubb has led the league in rushing. 

It's very hard for people to just say, ok he's not good anymore. We got robbed by the BROWNS! The damn BROWNS!
I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing. I doubt chubb was available for a 5th?

Yes hyde was probably a pointless trade but the oline is the problem here.
(12-30-2018, 05:54 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't look like Hyde has a fat tummy.  Lol

Yes,  fatter than mine....and I am over 40...lol

(12-30-2018, 05:31 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]I pointed out that he was trash before he got here as evidence of his stats in CLE this season combined with the success of Chubb. They have a good Oline. People been using that excuse here that our Oline is terrible and he is a good back. He's not good anymore at all. We got robbed.

This FO is the WORST talent evaluators of RB. Gave a top 5 contract to Ivory. Yeldon picked at the top of the second round, franchise RB terrority. Fournette top 5 pick. Traded a 5th for Hyde. Paid Gerhart to be our starting RB.

I mean... how is it possible to be this bad at picking the easiest position to project? How? Lol

What he said.

(12-30-2018, 05:47 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2018, 05:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]How does a coaching staff/front office retain their jobs, that gave up our 5th rounds pick next year, for an RB that provided no difference in the running game?

Inexcusable.

Consider that when he was acquired, Fournette's ability (and desire) to return to the field in the near future were very much in question, and consider that the typical fifth-round pick has about a 50/50 shot of making it out of training camp, and I don't have too many issues with this deal.

Agreed

Just would have liked to see Yeldon play...
(12-30-2018, 06:12 PM)old_man Wrote: [ -> ]
Just would have liked to see Yeldon play...

Yeldon didn't look like a guy that wanted to play, hence Coughlin's blasting him and Fournette
Yeldon was the best back available....he was pissed about it....oh well
(12-30-2018, 06:12 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing. I doubt chubb was available for a 5th?

I'm not saying Chubb was available, I'm saying the Oline argument is weak because Hyde sucked while on a team with a good Oline while the other RB on that team has led the league in rushing. Point is, he was damaged goods when we bought him and the FO once again failed at the RB position.
(12-30-2018, 06:25 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2018, 06:12 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure exactly what you are arguing. I doubt chubb was available for a 5th?

I'm not saying Chubb was available, I'm saying the Oline argument is weak because Hyde sucked while on a team with a good Oline while the other RB on that team has led the league in rushing. Point is, he was damaged goods when we bought him and the FO once again failed at the RB position.

To play devils advocate,  there wasn't any good available RBs.
(12-30-2018, 06:29 PM)Oold_man Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2018, 06:25 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not saying Chubb was available, I'm saying the Oline argument is weak because Hyde sucked while on a team with a good Oline while the other RB on that team has led the league in rushing. Point is, he was damaged goods when we bought him and the FO once again failed at the RB position.

To play devils advocate,  there wasn't any good available RBs.

True, but that also doesn't mean you have to trade away a potential Telvin Smith for a bad RB.
Pages: 1 2