Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For Those Upset Caldwell and/or Marrone Weren't Fired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now that we know the front office triumvirate of Coughlin Caldwell and Marrone are slated to return to try to get this team back on a winning track, it is understandable and predictable that many are upset with the decision.

Knowing your bloodlust will not be sated with their jobs this year, what steps would you take to return this team to the playoffs in 2019?

Specifically:

1.  Knowing we are picking 7th in the draft, how would you address the QB situation?  Would you go strictly with a veteran QB?  If so, who?  Would you be willing to trade for a vet?  What are you willing to give up to get him?  Would you obtain a veteran QB to be a placeholder and draft a rookie QB?  If so, which veteran and which rookie?  Do you go specifically and primarily with a rookie signal caller?  At what point in the draft do you draft a QB?  Why?  Are you willing to trade up to get him?  If so, how far up are you willing to deal, and what are you willing to give up to get him?

2.  I have argued the main thing that sabotaged the team this year was injuries, specifically to the offensive line.  NYCJags has argued (not calling him out) the team did not provide sufficient depth along the OL to withstand the carnage to the team we saw this past season.  I believe there is some merit to that argument.  What would you do to fix the OL going into next season?  Keep in mind, Parnell is likely to be gone, and Cann is a free agent.  So you must come out of this offseason with no fewer than two starting caliber OL, and that's not even considering the depth requirements.  Also be mindful of the team's salary cap situation and the need for at least one, maybe two signal callers.  How do you re-stock and upgrade the offensive line and depth?  How many draft picks do you allocate to this area?  Which players would you like to see?  What about the players not leaving but returning from injury like Cam Robinson, Norwell and Linder? 

3.  What about replacements for departing defensive players like Malik Jackson and Barry Church?  Do you allocate any picks to the defensive side of the ball?  Do you think we have sufficient depth there?

4.  What about WR and TE?  It seems like it's been forever since we've had a guy who can command a defense's attention from the Y position, and almost as long since we've had a true stud # 1 WR.   How much attention do you give those positions?  Do you put off adequately stocking those positions in the hunt for a QB and stockpiling OL depth and starters?

5.  What do you do at RB?  Do you keep or dump Fournette?  If you desire to trade him away, what is the minimum amount you would take for him in trade?  Do you replace him with Kareem Hunt or allocate a draft pick to replace him?  What about Yeldon's and Grant's replacements?

I respectfully ask for specific detailed responses to these questions.
Why do people think Parnell should be cut? I think he’s a decent RT. We don’t have an immediate upgrade there so I’d keep him until Richardson develops.

I think injuries were the primary reason for us being 5-11, with an overall lack of offensive talent being the 2nd most important factor.

We need overall much more talent on offense. Qb is an obvious hole. I would get a guy like Fitzpatrick if we can just to “get by” another year and hope a guy we like is available in round 1 of 2. I would make sure this qb has good arm talent and mechanics.. ie he needs to be a natural thrower of the ball.

I would not move up in the draft and give up the farm for one guy. That would require too much.. I would rather have as many picks as possible and load up on big linemen. You then hope your injuries don’t kill you next year.

I do think Caldwell should go. Frankly I just don’t think he’s done enough.
Do whatever it takes to get Haskins, or be ready to tank 2019 for Tua/Fromm/Herbert/etc. Don't be fooled by Lock/Jones/Grier. I'd bet they win zero SB combined.

We can't afford to splurge for depth right now, on offensive line or defense in general. We just need to cross our fingers the injury luck changes and hope that a little depth can come through day 3/very cheap FA.

I'll say it again, a game breaking pass catcher is our 2nd biggest need after QB. If for some reason we can't get Haskins I will be rooting strongly that we take Metcalf at 7, granted it's still early in the process.

RB is tough. Fournette is basically a sunk cost so yes I would trade him for whatever I could get. I'd be happy if we could recoup a 5th rounder. The more important part is that we desperately need to get far, far away from the archaic, 12/21/22 personnel offense that Fournette ushered in. We aren't going anywhere of consequence in this modern NFL as long as we're stuck in the stone age.
haskins

at all cost
Aside from the obvious of finding a new QB, this team desperately needs more playmakers on offense in the worst way. Other than Westbrook, I don't think that there is a single player that could be considered a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. The overall WR talent is very poor and the lack of a pass catching TE is also pretty glaring. The offensive line will obviously have to be dealt with as well, especially on the depth side.

I'm still holding out hope that they let Wash go and bring in a different coordinator on the defensive side of the ball. Regardless of the offensive struggles, the defense just didn't get the job done this year and I think Wash played a big role in that.
(12-30-2018, 09:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Now that we know the front office triumvirate of Coughlin Caldwell and Marrone are slated to return to try to get this team back on a winning track, it is understandable and predictable that many are upset with the decision.

Knowing your bloodlust will not be sated with their jobs this year, what steps would you take to return this team to the playoffs in 2019?

Specifically:

1.  Knowing we are picking 7th in the draft, how would you address the QB situation?  Would you go strictly with a veteran QB?  If so, who?  Would you be willing to trade for a vet?  What are you willing to give up to get him?  Would you obtain a veteran QB to be a placeholder and draft a rookie QB?  If so, which veteran and which rookie?  Do you go specifically and primarily with a rookie signal caller?  At what point in the draft do you draft a QB?  Why?  Are you willing to trade up to get him?  If so, how far up are you willing to deal, and what are you willing to give up to get him?

2.  I have argued the main thing that sabotaged the team this year was injuries, specifically to the offensive line.  NYCJags has argued (not calling him out) the team did not provide sufficient depth along the OL to withstand the carnage to the team we saw this past season.  I believe there is some merit to that argument.  What would you do to fix the OL going into next season?  Keep in mind, Parnell is likely to be gone, and Cann is a free agent.  So you must come out of this offseason with no fewer than two starting caliber OL, and that's not even considering the depth requirements.  Also be mindful of the team's salary cap situation and the need for at least one, maybe two signal callers.  How do you re-stock and upgrade the offensive line and depth?  How many draft picks do you allocate to this area?  Which players would you like to see?  What about the players not leaving but returning from injury like Cam Robinson, Norwell and Linder? 

3.  What about replacements for departing defensive players like Malik Jackson and Barry Church?  Do you allocate any picks to the defensive side of the ball?  Do you think we have sufficient depth there?

4.  What about WR and TE?  It seems like it's been forever since we've had a guy who can command a defense's attention from the Y position, and almost as long since we've had a true stud # 1 WR.   How much attention do you give those positions?  Do you put off adequately stocking those positions in the hunt for a QB and stockpiling OL depth and starters?

5.  What do you do at RB?  Do you keep or dump Fournette?  If you desire to trade him away, what is the minimum amount you would take for him in trade?  Do you replace him with Kareem Hunt or allocate a draft pick to replace him?  What about Yeldon's and Grant's replacements?

1. If you believe that there's a QB out there who is the guy to take your team to the promised land, you do whatever it takes to get your hands on him. If we believe that Haskins is that guy, then we should not hesitate to bet the farm on him in terms of trading up as far as the top pick if we have to. If we don't think that guy is in this draft, or the guy we like most is a second or third-round prospect who needs time to grow, then we go find a guy in free agency to fill in. Maybe that's Flacco. Maybe it's Foles. Maybe Stafford gets cut and the team thinks he could be the guy long term. Maybe Kessler has some kind of epiphany in the offseason and can hold down the fort for 16 games. What we know is that we have a bad starter in Bortles, a bad backup in Kessler, and a third-stringer who didn't even sniff the field despite having two of the league's worst in front of him. That's a problem that has to be fixed.

2. The left side of the line is worth keeping. Robinson is a bit of an open question right now, but Norwell didn't play a healthy down all year, and we know Linder is money. Cann is a turnstile and should have been gone a year ago. Parnell is a guy worth keeping at the right price. Flowers wasn't terrible after settling in, but he's more backup than starter. The team absolutely did not keep enough depth. I think a couple of offensive linemen within the first four rounds wouldn't be overkill in the least. At least one early and one late. Veterans will have to play a role here, but we can't go into next season starting guys who weren't good enough to keep their jobs with the Giants again.

3. Ronnie Harrison will replace Church. I think that was a given from the second he set foot in town. Taven Bryan will be taking over Malik's spot. As long as we don't lose anyone else from the DL, I don't think we necessarily need to draft anyone there, although if the right guy pops up in the fifth round or later, why not? If we lose Dareus or Campbell, we're just screwed. I think the Myles Jack experiment at MLB was a worthwhile one, but I'm not sure it had the desired effects. This might sound nuts, but I'd actually like to see us pursue Sean Lee on a prove-it deal so we can move Jack back outside where he fits best. I could see Gipson being sent on his way, but given that he's still good, we've only got so many draft picks and so many dollars, and we have an offense that's going to need most of them, I think he stays. I'll never be opposed to the idea of grabbing a DB late in every draft, because you never know when you'll stumble across an A.J. Bouye or Tashaun Gipson, and it's not like teams don't need all the young DBs they can find to fly down the field on special teams.

4. I think we have two starting WRs in Lee and Westbrook, assuming Lee recovers nicely. Chark has potential and needs to step up next offseason. If those three pan out, I think we're actually OK at receiver. Bonus points if Cole can get his head screwed back on straight. It might not be popular to say given who our WR coach is, but I think coaching was an issue there. The mistakes being made: drops, routes, brain farts, those are all mental, and they all point to coaching. I hate to say it, but a better WR coach might be the biggest upgrade there--aside from telling Rashad Greene to get his crap out of the locker room and never come back. Blake Bell actually looked ok when he was given something to do. ASJ is still a solid target. I think a mid-round pick on a developmental TE might make sense, but I don't know that there's a ton of money to sink into that position. I think we might just have to roll with ASJ as our starter and try to find a better backup than Niles Paul in free agency.

5. I would bring Corey Grant back if at all humanly possible. That's really weird for me to say after spending the first couple years of the guy's career making fun of him for being a walking fumble, but we need his speed. This year made that very clear as we didn't have a game-breaking back, and defenses were able to play us accordingly. Fournette I'm more ambivalent on. If someone offers us a one, yeah, get rid of him. If they offer something less, I don't know. I'd probably take a two, maybe even a three and some change. In terms of talent, I think he's a solid back. In terms of attitude, I think he might as well be R. Jay Soward. He's the best back on the team, but I wouldn't consider that a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see a back added somewhere between rounds two and five with the immediate goal of replacing Yeldon, and the longer-term goal of replacing Fournette. I don't know if Hyde comes back, and his half-hearted effort today makes me (1.) wonder if he'll get shoved out the door for it and (2.) question why we're keeping the coach who presided over two running backs on the bench laughing all day and a third that gave zero [BLEEP]. Don't overlook Dave Williams, either. He's going to get a good, long look in camp next year.
Find a QB at all cost, build the team around said QB. We have to stop trying to find a QB to fit in what we are trying to build and build around the QB.
Honestly I wish we were 1 QB away on the offense. We have good special teams and a winning defense. I would like some change but we are rolling with the stone age and 8-8. This team needs years of draft and development for offense.
Honestly IMO, we need a QB that allows this team to ditch the whole "run first" mentality.. That should be priority..
Draft Haskins or Grier with the 7th overall pick. Use the 2nd and pair of 3's to add depth or impact along the offensive line and receiving department.

Go from there. I don't know who can fix this offense in one year. But it needs to be a veteran calling it. Koetter? Gase?

Somebody.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(12-30-2018, 11:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly IMO, we need a QB that allows this team to ditch the whole "run first" mentality.. That should be priority..

You think they want to?
(12-31-2018, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2018, 11:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly IMO, we need a QB that allows this team to ditch the whole "run first" mentality.. That should be priority..

You think they want to?

Let's see who comes in to run the offense before making that call.
We need a play maker on offense and a decent coordinator. Injuries screwed us but I don't think we can trust building the offense around Fournette. Has talent but we can't ever seem to use it. The season was going fine before the injuries took over. Sitting at 3-1 with our only loss being 9-6 to the Titans. Shortly after that the wheels just fell off completely.
To be honest the team needs to revamp the whole offense from the top to the bottom. The team may need to either cut or trade some defensive players to shift some serious cash on the offensive side of the ball. New QB, RB, WR, TE, OLine, every aspect of the offense needs help right now. I would be open to trade anyone on defense if the price is right. We are a team who cannot score in an offensive driven league. It's built totally backwards.
(12-30-2018, 09:38 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people think Parnell should be cut?  I think he’s a decent RT. We don’t have an immediate upgrade there so I’d keep him until Richardson develops.

I think injuries were the primary reason for us being 5-11, with an overall lack of offensive talent being the 2nd most important factor.

We need overall much more talent on offense.  Qb is an obvious hole.  I would get a guy like Fitzpatrick if we can just to “get by” another year and hope a guy we like is available in round 1 of 2.  I would make sure this qb has good arm talent and mechanics.. ie he needs to be a natural thrower of the ball.  

I would not move up in the draft and give up the farm for one guy. That would require too much.. I would rather have as many picks as possible and load up on big linemen.  You then hope your injuries don’t kill you next year.

I do think Caldwell should go.  Frankly I just don’t think he’s done enough.

I think Parnell played at a pretty good level for us, with the notable exception of the Chefs game.  Based purely on that he would be worthy to be retained.  However (and I readily concede I am not a cap guy and readily defer to more cap competent individuals here) it is my understanding that the Jaguars are currently over the cap.  This website currently has us at about $3-4 million over the cap as I type this.  https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ .  Spotrac has us closer to $6 million over the cap.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville.../cap/2019/I did not see a cap listing for Parnell on OTC  OTC lists Parnell as a $5 million cap hit, but Spotrac has Parnell at a $6 million cap hit in 2019, and he will be 33 years old by the time the season starts next year.  He may be a candidate for release.

So you would go for Fitzpatrick and a QB in round 1 or 2.  Considering the Raiders, Bucs and Giants all pick ahead of us in the draft standings, it's possible anywhere from 1-3 of those teams will want a QB in the first round.  You said you would not move up in the draft.  So then it's possible you may not draft a QB at all in the first two rounds if the teams that need QB ahead of you in round 1 take a QB, and there is competition for a guy like Grier at the bottom of the first and top of the 2nd round?  Would that make you a bad GM if you did not address an obvious hole at QB with more than Fitzpatrick?  Consider the reaction on the message board.  Caldwell took a swing at Bortles at 3rd overall in 2014 and missed, and did not take a swing at Mahomes or Watson last year and is getting killed for it now.

If you take a QB in round 1 or 2, how many draft picks do you allocate to build the OL?  Of those picks, how many do you anticipate starting?

What about the rest of the lack of offensive talent?  How many picks do you allocate to address WR, TE, RB?
(12-30-2018, 09:42 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Do whatever it takes to get Haskins, or be ready to tank 2019 for Tua/Fromm/Herbert/etc. Don't be fooled by Lock/Jones/Grier. I'd bet they win zero SB combined.

We can't afford to splurge for depth right now, on offensive line or defense in general. We just need to cross our fingers the injury luck changes and hope that a little depth can come through day 3/very cheap FA.

I'll say it again, a game breaking pass catcher is our 2nd biggest need after QB. If for some reason we can't get Haskins I will be rooting strongly that we take Metcalf at 7, granted it's still early in the process.

RB is tough. Fournette is basically a sunk cost so yes I would trade him for whatever I could get. I'd be happy if we could recoup a 5th rounder. The more important part is that we desperately need to get far, far away from the archaic, 12/21/22 personnel offense that Fournette ushered in. We aren't going anywhere of consequence in this modern NFL as long as we're stuck in the stone age.

1.  Suppose Haskins does not declare for the NFL draft.  You said you would "be ready to tank 2019 for Tua/Fromm/Herbert/etc."  Would that 2019 season make you a bad GM if the team agreed to adopt that strategy?  Would you NOT criticize Caldwell as the team lost game after game in achieving that result?

2.  You said "Do whatever it takes to get Haskins."  Considering the Raiders, Bucs and Giants are all sitting above us at picks 4, 5, & 6 respectively, with the Raiders having three first round picks at their disposal, and the Broncos, Bengals and Dolphins sitting in reasonable range behind us, I can only assume you are willing to move minimally into the top 3 to do so.   Last year, the Jets traded the #6 overall and three second round picks to move up to 3 to land Darnold in a QB class deemed stronger than this one.  Since we are starting at least one pick lower than that to get to at least the same point, how much more are you willing to give up?  We don't have the extra 2nd round pick the Jets had.  What players are you willing to give up to move that high, if not higher?  Are you willing to give up an extra first round pick?  Two?  At what point is the cost too high for Haskins?  

3.  Your plan for the offensive line is to hope there are no repeats of 2018 injury wise?  Despite guys like Robinson and Linder having knee injuries?!?  Does Parnell having a $6 million cap hit and 33 years old and Cann being a free agent change your mind at all?  What about the other free agents like Wells and Walker?  Does your plan remain the same if you don't execute the trade up for Haskins?  Knowing the problems we had along the OL in 2018, does your plan to do nothing about the OL make you a bad GM if the problems repeat?

4.  If you trade Fournette, who is your starter here next year?  If you pull off the trade up for Haskins and trade away Fournette, how do you give Haskins the help he needs to thrive?  Do you not start Haskins the first year?
(12-30-2018, 10:11 PM)SCJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from the obvious of finding a new QB, this team desperately needs more playmakers on offense in the worst way. Other than Westbrook, I don't think that there is a single player that could be considered a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. The overall WR talent is very poor and the lack of a pass catching TE is also pretty glaring. The offensive line will obviously have to be dealt with as well, especially on the depth side.

I'm still holding out hope that they let Wash go and bring in a different coordinator on the defensive side of the ball. Regardless of the offensive struggles, the defense just didn't get the job done this year and I think Wash played a big role in that.

In case I was not clear in my opening post, I want more than just an identification of the team needs in your responses to me.

I want to know how you plan to address those needs.

Which QB do you want?  How do you plan to get him?  If it's a rookie, do you feel it necessary to have to trade up above Oakland, Tampa and the Giants to get him?  If so, how much are you willing to give up?  If not, what happens if one of those teams takes your guy before you?  Do you have more than one guy?  More than two that you are willing to take in the first round?  If your QB is gone and there are no first round plan B's at QB, do you wait until the 2nd round?  Do you trade back into the bottom of the first?  If, for whatever reason, you don't end up with a QB by the 2nd round pick despite the obvious need at the position, are you a bad GM?

How do you get the WRs to just "average" status (to say nothing of "good") from "very poor?"  If it's "obvious" that QB and OL will have to be dealt with, the lack of a TE is "glaring", along with the WRs being "very poor" what's the order of priority?  At what point in the draft should you not expect to land a starting caliber player?  How does that impact the analysis, considering we could have two possible starting spots open along the OL and possibly now at RB with Fournette?

Where does defense fall?  If an absolute defensive stud somehow falls, are you a bad GM by ignoring the obvious and glaring needs and taking the clear BAP, or do you continue to let the stud defender fall?
(12-30-2018, 10:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1183506' dateline='1546219368']
BullseyeNow that we know the front office triumvirate of Coughlin Caldwell and Marrone are slated to return to try to get this team back on a winning track, it is understandable and predictable that many are upset with the decision.

Specifically:

Quote:1. If you believe that there's a QB out there who is the guy to take your team to the promised land, you do whatever it takes to get your hands on him. If we believe that Haskins is that guy, then we should not hesitate to bet the farm on him in terms of trading up as far as the top pick if we have to. If we don't think that guy is in this draft, or the guy we like most is a second or third-round prospect who needs time to grow, then we go find a guy in free agency to fill in. Maybe that's Flacco. Maybe it's Foles. Maybe Stafford gets cut and the team thinks he could be the guy long term. Maybe Kessler has some kind of epiphany in the offseason and can hold down the fort for 16 games. What we know is that we have a bad starter in Bortles, a bad backup in Kessler, and a third-stringer who didn't even sniff the field despite having two of the league's worst in front of him. That's a problem that has to be fixed.

2. The left side of the line is worth keeping. Robinson is a bit of an open question right now, but Norwell didn't play a healthy down all year, and we know Linder is money. Cann is a turnstile and should have been gone a year ago. Parnell is a guy worth keeping at the right price. Flowers wasn't terrible after settling in, but he's more backup than starter. The team absolutely did not keep enough depth. I think a couple of offensive linemen within the first four rounds wouldn't be overkill in the least. At least one early and one late. Veterans will have to play a role here, but we can't go into next season starting guys who weren't good enough to keep their jobs with the Giants again.

3. Ronnie Harrison will replace Church. I think that was a given from the second he set foot in town. Taven Bryan will be taking over Malik's spot. As long as we don't lose anyone else from the DL, I don't think we necessarily need to draft anyone there, although if the right guy pops up in the fifth round or later, why not? If we lose Dareus or Campbell, we're just screwed. I think the Myles Jack experiment at MLB was a worthwhile one, but I'm not sure it had the desired effects. This might sound nuts, but I'd actually like to see us pursue Sean Lee on a prove-it deal so we can move Jack back outside where he fits best. I could see Gipson being sent on his way, but given that he's still good, we've only got so many draft picks and so many dollars, and we have an offense that's going to need most of them, I think he stays. I'll never be opposed to the idea of grabbing a DB late in every draft, because you never know when you'll stumble across an A.J. Bouye or Tashaun Gipson, and it's not like teams don't need all the young DBs they can find to fly down the field on special teams.

4. I think we have two starting WRs in Lee and Westbrook, assuming Lee recovers nicely. Chark has potential and needs to step up next offseason. If those three pan out, I think we're actually OK at receiver. Bonus points if Cole can get his head screwed back on straight. It might not be popular to say given who our WR coach is, but I think coaching was an issue there. The mistakes being made: drops, routes, brain farts, those are all mental, and they all point to coaching. I hate to say it, but a better WR coach might be the biggest upgrade there--aside from telling Rashad Greene to get his crap out of the locker room and never come back. Blake Bell actually looked ok when he was given something to do. ASJ is still a solid target. I think a mid-round pick on a developmental TE might make sense, but I don't know that there's a ton of money to sink into that position. I think we might just have to roll with ASJ as our starter and try to find a better backup than Niles Paul in free agency.

5. I would bring Corey Grant back if at all humanly possible. That's really weird for me to say after spending the first couple years of the guy's career making fun of him for being a walking fumble, but we need his speed. This year made that very clear as we didn't have a game-breaking back, and defenses were able to play us accordingly. Fournette I'm more ambivalent on. If someone offers us a one, yeah, get rid of him. If they offer something less, I don't know. I'd probably take a two, maybe even a three and some change. In terms of talent, I think he's a solid back. In terms of attitude, I think he might as well be R. Jay Soward. He's the best back on the team, but I wouldn't consider that a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see a back added somewhere between rounds two and five with the immediate goal of replacing Yeldon, and the longer-term goal of replacing Fournette. I don't know if Hyde comes back, and his half-hearted effort today makes me (1.) wonder if he'll get shoved out the door for it and (2.) question why we're keeping the coach who presided over two running backs on the bench laughing all day and a third that gave zero [BLEEP]. Don't overlook Dave Williams, either. He's going to get a good, long look in camp next year.

[/quote]

1.  Now this "bet the farm" to get Haskins is a strong statement.  The Raiders are currently three picks ahead of us, arguably have a need at QB, and have three first round picks at their disposal.  Considering just last year it took the Jets' #6 overall 1st round pick and three second round picks to move to #3 in a QB class deemed deeper and stronger than this year's, betting the farm may not even be enough.  How do you acquire the draft capital to make a move?  Do you trade away Ramsey?  Our entire 2016 draft trio?  Throw in Bouye?

2.  If you pull off the trade for the QB, how do you use a pick in the top two rounds to get an OL?

(12-30-2018, 11:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Draft Haskins or Grier with the 7th overall pick. Use the 2nd and pair of 3's to add depth or impact along the offensive line and receiving department.

Go from there. I don't know who can fix this offense in one year. But it needs to be a veteran calling it. Koetter? Gase?

Somebody.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So you are sold that both will be there and worth the 7th overall pick?

Does it bother you at all that Haskins has only the year as a starter?
(12-30-2018, 11:25 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Find a QB at all cost, build the team around said QB. We have to stop trying to find a QB to fit in what we are trying to build and build around the QB.

See my earlier response to the "at all costs" analysis.
(12-31-2018, 01:07 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest the team needs to revamp the whole offense from the top to the bottom.  The team may need to either cut or trade some defensive players to shift some serious cash on the offensive side of the ball.  New QB, RB, WR, TE, OLine, every aspect of the offense needs help right now.  I would be open to trade anyone on defense if the price is right.  We are a team who cannot score in an offensive driven league.  It's built totally backwards.

So if you are willing to trade away defensive starters to revamp the offense (presumably starting with the QB), would you be willing to deal with the losing to follow while the new offense gains experience and learns the new system and the defense can't keep us in games?

If the league is obviously an offensive driven league, what team will give you the "right price" for our stud defensive players?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6