Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Quick Thoughts ON QB Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just some quick thoughts on some possible QB scenarios for 2019. This is without much research on where QBS will be projected at in the draft. What scenario do you want to see or do you have a better suggestion? I personally would like to see Foles in a Jags uni but the price might be really high. Plus the Jaguars really need to find an innovative offensive coordinator. 

Scenario 1
Cut BOAT + Kesler
Trade for Foles (2nd rounder)?
Draft a WR/OL who ever is best at the time with a potential move back in the first
Draft Drew Lock  second round?

Scenario 2
Cut BOAT + Kesler
Sign Teddy Bridgewater if the Saints don't resign
Draft a WR/OL who ever is best at the time with a potential move back in the first
Draft best QB in 2nd round

Scenario 3
Cut BOAT + Kesler
Draft Haskins or Grier in 1st round 
Then sign Brock Osweiler or RG3 for back up QB

Scenario 4
Cut BOAT + Kesler
Trade back to the very late first round and take Lock  or Daniel Jones
Then use 2nd and 3rd rounds to rebuild offense line
Then sign Brock Osweiler or RG3 for back up QB
Then sign camp body

Scenario 5
Keep the BOAT Bortles
Cut Kessler
Draft Haskins or Grier
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Maybe

STAY AWAY FROM HASKINS!
(12-31-2018, 11:32 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Maybe

STAY AWAY FROM HASKINS!

I too think we need to stay away from Haskins, like I said in another thread I cant think of any Urban Meyer QB's that went on to have a really good NFL career and that's including his time in Florida.
We can't trade for Foles, because he's a free agent. I'd love to have him, but I wonder if we have the cap space. And he may not want to go to a team that views him as a transition QB.
(12-31-2018, 11:35 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]We can't trade for Foles, because he's a free agent. I'd love to have him, but I wonder if we have the cap space. And he may not want to go to a team that views him as a transition QB.

Ah I thought his contract went through the 2019 season
I wonder if Foles would do as well here, even if we did revamp the OL and add a few good WRs and a TE. Outside of Philly, he hasn't done very well elsewhere.
Foles will set a contract record.
Not happening here.
Keep Bortles, draft his replacement.

Keep Kessler, draft his replacement.

Those are really the only two options for this team.
(12-31-2018, 11:41 AM)JagFanFirst pid= Wrote:I wonder if Foles would do as well here, even if we did revamp the OL and add a few good WRs and a TE.  Outside of Philly, he hasn't done very well elsewhere.

whats to revamp? guys were just injured.

we'll be okay.

only position I'd probably 'revamp' is Center. I'd let Shatley take over for the oft-injured, over-paid Linder

(12-31-2018, 11:34 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Maybe

STAY AWAY FROM HASKINS!

I too think we need to stay away from Haskins, like I said in another thread I cant think of any Urban Meyer QB's that went on to have a really good NFL career and that's including his time in Florida.

Alex Smith has been pretty good.
(12-31-2018, 11:34 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Maybe

STAY AWAY FROM HASKINS!

So we should go all in for Tua? Because Sabans QB track record is stellar?

The QB position is the hardest to evaluate and there are really no consistencies when drafting them. They come from coaches who have normally had poor NFL QBs, small schools, big schools and journeymen. Eliminating talent because of the coach makes zero sense.
(12-31-2018, 11:41 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Foles would do as well here, even if we did revamp the OL and add a few good WRs and a TE.  Outside of Philly, he hasn't done very well elsewhere.

Exactly if we are gonna get Foles we better bring Phillys OC and run their offense, otherwise its fools gold
Bring back shoelace..... wildcat all the time.
draft grier and possibly murray.

I have actually herd a few things about the scenario where even if Kyler doesn't declare his intention for the NFL, you could still use a pick on him and have rights to him so if he doesn't go the MLB route, your team will have first shot at him. I think that would be a hell of a draft by its self if something like this happens.
Not a great QB group this year, Haskins maybe but I think he'll be a bit of a prospect even though he's obviously very talented. If you draft him, then you'll probably have Bortles (or Flacco or whoever) starting next year.
That Foles magic would melt away once he put on that teal and black jersey. This franchise needs its own guy.
I think Haskins looks pretty good idk him plus a free agent would be cool to me.

https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...e-haskins/
(12-31-2018, 06:58 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I think Haskins looks pretty good idk him plus a free agent would be cool to me.

I honestly put him behind Mayfield and Darnold from last years class.

I think he’s a better prospect than Allen, Rosen and Jackson.
(12-31-2018, 06:58 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I think Haskins looks pretty good idk him plus a free agent would be cool to me.

He'll probably be a Giant.
(12-31-2018, 11:34 AM)IBrowntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Maybe

STAY AWAY FROM HASKINS!

Can you think of any Tedford QBs that were any good before Aaron Rodgers?

How about QBs under Lloyd Car before Brady?

Your Argument just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.
Browntrouser, what college coaches develop good nfl quarterbacks? Just so I can narrow down the list so I can see where the nfl talent comes from. Would be a much easier way than to scout all of them
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5