Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags current players who we cut/trade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do yall think gets the ax this year who is still under contract?

I think Jackson, Bortles, and Fournette are probably all going for sure.  Hyde and Parnell are 2 possibilities but I think we keep both unless they plan on taking a OT early or they feel Richardson would be ready to start right away.  Parnell and Hydes salaries isnt to crazy though so I see both being retained and Hyde being our main RB next year with a mid to late round rookie RB.  I think QB and RG are the only 2 positions we really look at in FA.  What are you guys thoughts ?
I think we go pretty much all offense in this draft and next year we go dline when Campbell and Dareus gets cut.
CUT:

Malik
Gip

POSSIBLE:

Dareus
Fournette (if guarantees are taken, or if he isn't traded)
(12-31-2018, 12:47 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]CUT:

Malik
Gip

POSSIBLE:

Dareus
Fournette (if guarantees are taken, or if he isn't traded)

Why would we caut Dareus?  He was good all year, our best run stopper, and is worth his salary.  His salary jumps up like 4 mil next year, I could see it then
I'm telling you what the team may POSSIBLY do. that's not what I would do
Gone next year:

Bortles
Jackson
Parnell
Fournette
Yeldon
Cann
Kessler (duh)
Gipson
I think Cann will be back. He had a pretty good year.
(12-31-2018, 01:03 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]I think Cann will be back. He had a pretty good year.

How did Cann have a good year?  I wouldnt mind him back if we want to use him for depth but he could be easily upgraded through the draft.  I hope the dont see him the starter a RG for the future as he has been our worst oline starter pretty much since he has been drafted.

I dont get that people want Gipson gone. He might make a mistake here and there but its not often and his is probalby the best FS this team has ever had. To many holes to fill to cut Gipson imo. Next season I could see it but cutting him would add another hole
Parnell has been worst than Cann. and whoever was at LT before Robinson came has been worst.

Look, Cann isn't an all-pro guy, but he's young, pretty durable, and is good enough to start there.

Bigger issue is Linder constantly being hurt.

Deon Grant > Gipson
Mathis before he moved to CB >>>>>> Gipson
Cut:
Malik
Parnell
Hyde

Trade:
Fournette

Trade potentials:
Hyde
Boyue
Ramsey

Not re-sign:
Yeldon
Cann
Moncrief
Greene
Wells
Omameh
(12-31-2018, 01:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Gone next year:

Bortles
Jackson
Parnell
Fournette
Yeldon
Cann
Kessler (duh)
Gipson

I personally hope Jackson gets another shot. He had a down year but so did the entire D. I think Jackson just got a lot of heat because he doesn't have a key roll(like run stuffer like darius). Like I said in another post, I think this year was the outlier for him and fournette. I think the potential and production of fornette far exceeds his downsides if he pops off a big season next year. Not to mention I would hate to see him rattle off a huge in another jersey. I don't know why Gip has caught so much heat but I think he stays another year.  other than that I agree that the rest of those will be cut.
Cann is a FA? I can see TRYING to bring him back. They seemed pretty please with how he progressed as a run/pass blocker with keeping his head up. Get some continuity with Cam/Norwell/Linder/Cann/Richardson(?) as line with Omameh/Shatley/Flowers as backup/swing tackles and guards. I see Parnell/Gip/Jackson/Blake/Fournette(trade?) as cuts.
(12-31-2018, 01:14 PM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Parnell has been worst than Cann. and whoever was at LT before Robinson came has been worst.

Look, Cann isn't an all-pro guy, but he's young, pretty durable, and is good enough to start there.

Bigger issue is Linder constantly being hurt.

Deon Grant > Gipson
Mathis before he moved to CB >>>>>> Gipson

I thought about Grant, but Grant and Gipson are close. Gipson isnt a liability our there and has had Church next to him which doesnt help. To add another hole just doesnt make sense to me.
(12-31-2018, 01:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Cut:
Malik
Parnell
Hyde

Trade:
Fournette

Trade potentials:
Hyde
Boyue
Ramsey

Not re-sign:
Yeldon
Cann
Moncrief
Greene
Wells
Omameh
Why trade two pro bowl (one all pro) CB's leaving us with nothing at the position. I know the D had a down year but just a season ago we had one of the top secondary's in the league and on a team that experienced one of the most injury riddled years on offense(forcing to D back onto the field multiple times after three and outs from the O) I don't see how people would want to blow it all up. With teams scheming to get the ball out early out early and the problem with the O I mentioned earlier, it was always going to be nearly impossible to replicate the same results as 2017. But even with that said, I think a few adjustments and additions on O will bring this D back to the position they were in last year. 

If someone wants to toss blame around on D I think a lot lies with the LB's, not the CB's or the line.
I don't re-sign anyone. They aren't worth it. I cut Malik and explore the possibility of cutting Dareus after the draft, (only if a young run stuffer is available in round 1 and we miss out on our QB though.) Same thing with Parnell, but only if Richardson can start in his place. We'll already be needing a RG and Swing Tackle in the draft. If Richardson isn't ready, we may have to keep Parnell. I try to trade Fournette, but only if I can get a 3rd round pick or better. I'm not giving him away. We'd already be taking a loss with a 3rd rounder, but there are no superstar RB's in this draft class,. just a huge amount of good players who will be available from the 3rd round on. I'd also explore trading Ramsey, but I want a 1st, 3rd and a young veteran player in return. I don't back off of that price tag.
Cut/traded:

Malik Jackson
Telvin Smith
Leonard Fournette
Cut Norwell. He robbed us
(12-31-2018, 01:59 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Cut/traded:

Malik Jackson
Telvin Smith
Leonard Fournette

I was debating about trading Telvin Smith. He looked bad in pass coverage this season and he's just smaller than I'd like. Can we trade him without taking a cap hit though? If we can, I'd do it and move Jack to WLB and bring in a true MLB with size/speed.
(12-31-2018, 02:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

Malik Jackson
Telvin Smith
Leonard Fournette

I was debating about trading Telvin Smith. He looked bad in pass coverage this season and he's just smaller than I'd like. Can we trade him without taking a cap hit though? If we can, I'd do it and move Jack to WLB and bring in a true MLB with size/speed.

I thought if you traded the cap hit moves to get team receiving the player. 

I think the LB where about as underwhelming as they could have been this year. I personally am guilty of not realizing how much of an impact POZ had on this team but I think it was apparent after seeing us go this year without him.
(12-31-2018, 02:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

Malik Jackson
Telvin Smith
Leonard Fournette

Trade him and take whatever cap hit is left on our books. He's a SS playing WLB, at 215 pounds has been an absolute liability this year. He seems to always be in coverage when we're getting torched over the middle for those short/medium gains. He starts plays flat footed, misses gaps, and overshoots assignments, will outright whiff tackles (see Watson's TD last sunday, and Derrick Henry's runs) All i hear about is our "speed at LB" yet we're constantly getting killed by mobile qb's getting to the edge. Yea he gets a lot of tackles (but so did Kirk Morrison) and like Morrison a lot of his stops come on the wrongside of the Line of Scrimmage. He'll get the occasional defensive score, but that hardly makes up for all the plays missed in the game prior to that.

Myles Jack's "true position" is WLB. I think he'd THRIVE there especially if we draft a thumping middle linebacker to play alongside him. I'd trade Telvin now while teams remember his probowl season last year and think this year is an anomaly; if he has another subpar season he will have 0 trade value and we'll be stuck with a $10 million per year cap hit for a tweener player that isn't living up to his paycheck.

What amazes me is that people are so willing to just move on from Fournette after "one bad year" but completely ignore Telvin (who is THE problem with our LB corps/run defense frankly) and don't want to move on from him after "one bad year" and he has 3x the cap hit that Leonard does.
Pages: 1 2