Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Those of us concerned about Cam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
..should find encouragement in this Jaguars drive time video.

https://www.jaguars.com/video/jags-drive...-january-2

They speak glowingly of Cam Robinson's work ethic.

Hopefully he will rebound fully.
Regardless of work ethic he just isn't a good LT. Decent but not great.
(01-02-2019, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of work ethic he just isn't a good LT.   Decent but not great.

Better than what we've had the past few years, and I include Monroe in that, too.
Cam is good enough LT, because Haskins gets rid of the ball quick.
(01-02-2019, 08:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2019, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of work ethic he just isn't a good LT.   Decent but not great.

Better than what we've had the past few years, and I include Monroe in that, too.

Cam led the league in pressures as a rookie, and was like 2nd in penalties. Then he had a rough preseason, a good week 1 against a Giants non existent pass rush sans Olivier Vernon, and then got blown the edit up by Trey Flowers so bad twice on like 4 snaps that they both got hurt week 2.

Sorry, but Monroe was a ton better. Cam has potential, but I don't think it's at tackle. I like him to replace Cann at RG, as I've said plenty.
I don't remember Cam being that bad, felt like we had a significant drop off on the left side when he went out. then again this whole season is a blur at this point.
(01-02-2019, 09:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember Cam being that bad, felt like we had a significant drop off on the left side when he went out. then again this whole season is a blur at this point.

Agree, I dont care what the stats say.  Not to mention our run game is much better with him out there too
Cam made bortles decent last year its so obvisious now.
(01-02-2019, 10:07 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: [ -> ]Cam made bortles decent last year its so obvisious now.

The worst graded LT in the game made one of the worst QBs in the game better? Now that’s something right there.
(01-02-2019, 09:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember Cam being that bad, felt like we had a significant drop off on the left side when he went out. then again this whole season is a blur at this point.

Bingo. 

He may not be a top 3 tackle but he has potential to be a top 12 guy. And that’s not too shabby for a 2nd round pick.
(01-02-2019, 10:55 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Bingo. 

He may not be a top 3 tackle but he has potential to be a top 12 guy. And that’s not too shabby for a 2nd round pick.

The guy has the potential to be better than that.  His Potential I dont think was ever a question.

I don't think there was a drop off when Wells was subbed in, but there was a big drop off after he got hurt and then Walker and Flowers had to play.
(01-02-2019, 11:05 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think there was a drop off when Wells was subbed in, but there was a big drop off after he got hurt and then Walker and Flowers had to play.

There was a big drop off in the run game when Cam got hurt.  Wells is good in pass pro but gets no push in the run
Really it was hard to track who was playing where and when on the line. It felt like this season we had a different o-line from week to week to week. I thought Cam did ok last year as a rookie it's really not fair to judge him off the very small sample this year. By no means do we need to cut bait on him this early heck we've got much much much bigger problems to address first.
(01-02-2019, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2019, 11:05 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there was a drop off when Wells was subbed in, but there was a big drop off after he got hurt and then Walker and Flowers had to play.

There was a big drop off in the run game when Cam got hurt.  Wells is good in pass pro but gets no push in the run

So it sounds like you would support the idea of moving Cam to RG to replace Cann if we could find another serviceable LT option.
(01-02-2019, 11:29 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2019, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]There was a big drop off in the run game when Cam got hurt.  Wells is good in pass pro but gets no push in the run

So it sounds like you would support the idea of moving Cam to RG to replace Cann if we could find another serviceable LT option.

I would be ok with that
(01-02-2019, 11:05 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

The drop from Robinson to Wells was going from a decent starter to a serviceable backup. The drop from Wells to Walker was like going from a serviceable backup to a stop sign. Going from Walker to Flowers was like going from a stop sign to a tackling dummy--at least he was in the way.
Tony Boselli, one of the greatest LT's in NFL history is highly critical of Robinson's footwork and technique. That tells you a lot.

While he "isn't the worst", you could certainly improve over him.
Cam will be fine at LT. Along with some boneheaded playing you could also see improvement. He needs work on flexibility & strength and he’ll be pretty good.

He wasn't that bad.  You've just got a message board GM telling you differently.

Robinson isn't "great".  You could say that about probably 90% of the LTs in the league.  He's more than adequate to get the job done.  He has developed nicely, and while there was some mild regression before the injury, it wasn't like he turned into a turnstyle.  He'll have the remainder of this offseason to continue his rehab, and to get stronger.  If the reports of his work ethic are accurate, and he's fully immersed in getting back to health, LT isn't a concern.
Pages: 1 2 3