Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Case for A Vote of Protest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't care if you're Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, Moderate or Independent. Neither Hilary Clinton nor Donald Trump is fit for the office. No longer can we accept the notion that we must choose from only the two options this oligarchy gives us every 4 years. Neither of these candidates represents the majority of America, they don't even represent the smallest of minorities. Neither of these candidates will give you a stronger government of the people, by the people for the people. They are both authoritarians that have used their power and prestige to only further their own wealth and status through out their adult lives. 

Hilary Clinton has smeared and oppressed victims of assault and rape, Donald Trump has bragged about using his prestige to influence women and possibly even committed acts of assault himself. Donald Trump has displayed a lack of respect for Women through out his entertainment career and is no better than Hilary or Bill in his treatment of women. It doesn't matter which one is worse, they're both wrong, immoral and down right evil at there very core. To vote for either candidate is to accept the indefensible acts by either candidate. 

It is not a vote against the other party, if you choose to vote for one of them you are voting FOR them and what they represent and who they are. 

If your primary concern is national defense, both candidates will only continue the same foreign policy of intervention over the last 24 years. Hilary Clinton is directly responsible for the rise of the Brother of Islam in Egypt and the establishment of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, Donald Trump advocates war crimes and a policy of MORE intervention that will only lead to MORE blowback. There is no difference between them on foreign policy.

If your primary concern is the economy, both are in bed with wall street. Neither of them advocates a system that will strengthen the middle class, they both support and expanding welfare state and they both support their own version of entitlements. Even if you support welfare and entitlement spending neither candidate is going to support policies that will strengthen the economy. Trump is wall street the notion that he will champion regulations that protect American interest is ludicrous he has only supported regulations that he benefits from directly his entire professional career. Hillary Clinton has a long history of using regulations and political power to only benefit her own wealth and those that support her. 

If your primary concern is social justice and civil liberties you have no candidate in this race. Both candidates advocate a state big enough and powerful enough to dictate to you what morality they find acceptable.

in 28 days America will lose, I hope in 29 days many of you can join me and say you played no part in electing the next authoritarian to oppress its people, I hope you can join me and saying your vote is a vote of protest. 

I'm not advocating any specific candidate, I'm pleading to simply not vote for either Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump, let us at least be united that we demand better choices than these two in 4 years. 

Quote:I don't care if you're Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, Moderate or Independent. Neither Hilary Clinton nor Donald Trump is fit for the office. No longer can we accept the notion that we must choose from only the two options this oligarchy gives us every 4 years. Neither of these candidates represents the majority of America, they don't even represent the smallest of minorities. Neither of these candidates will give you a stronger government of the people, by the people for the people. They are both authoritarians that have used their power and prestige to only further their own wealth and status through out their adult lives. 

Hilary Clinton has smeared and oppressed victims of assault and rape, Donald Trump has bragged about using his prestige to influence women and possibly even committed acts of assault himself. Donald Trump has displayed a lack of respect for Women through out his entertainment career and is no better than Hilary or Bill in his treatment of women. It doesn't matter which one is worse, they're both wrong, immoral and down right evil at there very core. To vote for either candidate is to accept the indefensible acts by either candidate. 

It is not a vote against the other party, if you choose to vote for one of them you are voting FOR them and what they represent and who they are. 

If your primary concern is national defense, both candidates will only continue the same foreign policy of intervention over the last 24 years. Hilary Clinton is directly responsible for the rise of the Brother of Islam in Egypt and the establishment of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, Donald Trump advocates war crimes and a policy of MORE intervention that will only lead to MORE blowback. There is no difference between them on foreign policy.

If your primary concern is the economy, both are in bed with wall street. Neither of them advocates a system that will strengthen the middle class, they both support and expanding welfare state and they both support their own version of entitlements. Even if you support welfare and entitlement spending neither candidate is going to support policies that will strengthen the economy. Trump is wall street the notion that he will champion regulations that protect American interest is ludicrous he has only supported regulations that he benefits from directly his entire professional career. Hillary Clinton has a long history of using regulations and political power to only benefit her own wealth and those that support her. 

If your primary concern is social justice and civil liberties you have no candidate in this race. Both candidates advocate a state big enough and powerful enough to dictate to you what morality they find acceptable.

in 28 days America will lose, I hope in 29 days many of you can join me and say you played no part in electing the next authoritarian to oppress its people, I hope you can join me and saying your vote is a vote of protest. 

I'm not advocating any specific candidate, I'm pleading to simply not vote for either Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump, let us at least be united that we demand better choices than these two in 4 years. 
Hear! Hear!

I liked your idea of writing in Anarchy.  I then envision them fighting each other as whether that was a vote for them or not in a close election.  I also fantasize about a meteor landing center stage during the final debate but that is a whole other story.
Quote:I don't care if you're Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, Moderate or Independent. Neither Hilary Clinton nor Donald Trump is fit for the office. No longer can we accept the notion that we must choose from only the two options this oligarchy gives us every 4 years. Neither of these candidates represents the majority of America, they don't even represent the smallest of minorities. Neither of these candidates will give you a stronger government of the people, by the people for the people. They are both authoritarians that have used their power and prestige to only further their own wealth and status through out their adult lives. 

Frat talk vs. Proven Rape apologist... 

1.) You're wrong, it's not a war crime to prosecute someone who knowingly contributes to the aid and comfort to an enemy of the united states... 

2.) The establishment of ISIS the Muslim Brotherhood, CVE (Should be treason) and a 550% increase in Syrian Refugees vs. Not as Isolationist as Ron Paul...  REALLY?  That's a choice?

Wait wait wait WHAT?  Regulations that protect American interests...  What' happened to Mr. Free Market Champion?  And if Wall Street is so in bed with Trump why are the majority of them opposing him?  Why is he proposing the repeal of the carried interest provision?

Trump is advocating the reduction of the corporate tax rate to 15%, lower cap gains, all income tax rates regulatory reform and the penny plan.  That's a more conservative agenda than Reagan. 

What are you talking about?  He said they can use the Bathroom...  for crying out loud. 

The two candidates both have moral short comings. that's true. 

To say that they are both at the same end of the ideological spectrum is devoid of pure reason.  I just don't know who you are anymore...  I hope that the emotional return on investment of being PURE is worth it... 
This plan works out great for DJT. Hope a lot of people do this.
Quote:This plan works out great for DJT. Hope a lot of people do this.

Agreed.

TAM, you hate TPP so you should abstain or vote Jill Stein.
Quote:The two candidates both have moral short comings. that's true. 

To say that they are both at the same end of the ideological spectrum is devoid of pure reason.  I just don't know who you are anymore...  I hope that the emotional return on investment of being PURE is worth it... 

Whether you are voting for Trump or against Hillary or whether you are voting for Hillary or against Trump the American people lose.

If you are not voting for either candidate then why vote for the other one?   It is past time for the common man to unite against the system.  If neither one of these candidates represent me what do I gain by voting for the lesser of two evils?
Quote:Whether you are voting for Trump or against Hillary or whether you are voting for Hillary or against Trump the American people lose.

If you are not voting for either candidate then why vote for the other one?   It is past time for the common man to unite against the system.  If neither one of these candidates represent me what do I gain by voting for the lesser of two evils?
You get to tell your grandkids about the time you watered your plants with Gatorade?
Quote:You get to tell your grandkids about the time you watered your plants with Gatorade?

It has what plants crave.
Quote:You get to tell your grandkids about the time you watered your plants with Gatorade?
Well clearly peeing on them wasn't working
I might agree with you on some of this. But the push against Trump from the people who run this planet is so so strong, that I can't not vote for him. He has them scared. I'm too curious to see why.

Every low life scumbag that has ruined the Republican party is against him (Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, George Bush, ect)

I'm afraid both our votes will be on the losing side anyway. This thing was a wrap for Hillary from the get go. No matter who ran against her, it's a wrap. Simply too much influence in her corner.
Quote:Well clearly peeing on them wasn't working
Seriously? Pee's loaded with electrolytes. Should've worked perfectly. Maybe the salt content of human urine is too high? Or the pH is too low?
Quote:It has what plants crave.
Plants do need electrolytes. Anyone seen that show about someone getting kicked in the nuts? Man that show is good.
Quote:The two candidates both have moral short comings. that's true. 

The point is weather your for regulation or a free market they both only represent special interest and will use the power of the office to further their own wealth. I'm making a case to a total political spectrum that REGARDLESS where you stand left, right or center neither of these candidates can be an acceptable option.

It's not about being pure, it's about sticking to my values regardless of political pressure. It's about building a case that more and more people will no longer accept two bad choices. It's a vote against more of this in four years.

False equivalency
Quote:False equivalency

I know some will support their party, my goal is to advocate as many away from both parties as I can. It has been for a while now.

A small victory story I have an Uncle through marriage that was a staunch republican. When I walked away from the party he thought I had gone "liberal". We've gone back and forth a dozen times why I no longer support the republican party. He called me today and said "holy crap, I get it" he's now committed to writing in a name, he likes Huckabee, who cares it's another protest vote. I have a good friend that has been a generational democrat, he was born into it. He was the biggest Obama supporter you'd ever come across. Over the last 8 years I've continued to point out ever George Bushes stance Obama has backed, pointed out the hypocrisy of the democratic party, the authoritarian nature of the democratic party. I'm happy to say he's abandoned Hillary at least, he said he's voting for Jill Stein, whatever it's another protest vote.

Take the system down one vote at a time, it's all anyone can try and do. 
Quote:I might agree with you on some of this. But the push against Trump from the people who run this planet is so so strong, that I can't not vote for him. He has them scared. I'm too curious to see why.

Every low life scumbag that has ruined the Republican party is against him (Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, George Bush, ect)

I'm afraid both our votes will be on the losing side anyway. This thing was a wrap for Hillary from the get go. No matter who ran against her, it's a wrap. Simply too much influence in her corner.

It's not just scumbags that have lined up against him, trust me I find it odd to be in agreement with John McCain and Lindsay Graham on anything. But if you ignore who supports him, who doesn't support him and judge him solely on his merit you'll find that stomach twisting and have to face the reality that he's no solution.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy. 
1.) the guy self funded campaign. What special interest are you saying he belongs to? In 100% honesty with no pretense I see it very differently. I think that he's the closest you are going to get to the citizen candidate. Aside from Sean hannoty, he doesn't owe anyone. He has the freedom to make reforms objectively.

2.) admit it! You just watched Brewsters Millions one too many times didn't u?
Gary Johnson is not a protest vote, it's the best vote.
Quote:Gary Johnson is not a protest vote, it's the best vote.

[Image: Girls.png]
Quote:[Image: Girls.png]

The response to Trump's [BAD WORD REMOVED] grabbing?
Pages: 1 2 3