Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL UK Games will be announced today at 3PM GMT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per this tweet:

https://twitter.com/JaguarsUK/status/108...6008989696

I'm guessing they'll take the Saints game to London.
Way to give up competitive advantage, Jaguars.

That matchup should always be against an NFC team.
Are you kidding me...

we are giving away our Homefield... to a division rival?

what the hell are they thinking??
(01-21-2019, 11:33 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding me...

They're writing 2019 off already?

Two things- for one, I think we have the home field advantage in London, since we play there every year and our players and coaches are used to it.  

Secondly, I'm glad they are giving up a division game, because division games don't draw as well in Jacksonville as non-division games.
(01-21-2019, 11:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Two things- for one, I think we have the home field advantage in London, since we play there every year and our players and coaches are used to it.  

Secondly, I'm glad they are giving up a division game, because division games don't draw as well in Jacksonville as non-division games.

We can call it homefield advantage all we want - but it's not.

They don't even know when to get loud or when to quiet down for that game.

Meh, I don't really care - it just seems like the division games are the games they need to start winning.
I think we always knew it would come to eventually having a divisional home game in London. They are just softening us up to eventually add another home game in 2021 before eventually having half our home games there by 2025.
(01-21-2019, 11:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree on both accounts
Wonder if these guys will go to London for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4BPhTBpTKk
(01-21-2019, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2019, 11:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Two things- for one, I think we have the home field advantage in London, since we play there every year and our players and coaches are used to it.  

Agree on both accounts

Oh boo hoo. Without London Jacksonville wouldn't have a team for you people to complain about.
Do We get to choose who we play or is it chosen by the NFL ???
Tampa or NYJ would have been preferable to losing a home divisional game, but I don’t get why people are mad at the organization for this. They don’t get to write their own schedule. If anything, be mad at the league for screwing our team again.
(01-21-2019, 12:34 PM)MDragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2019, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Agree on both accounts

Oh boo hoo. Without London Jacksonville wouldn't have a team for you people to complain about.

LOL 

What are you so salty about? 

I agree with Marty’s take.
It’s good for the franchise’s bottom line to have the non division games in Jax -opposed to sending one to London. 
They do tend to sell more tix to Jags fans and draw more traveling fans compared to division games.
(01-21-2019, 12:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we always knew it would come to eventually having a divisional home game in London. They are just softening us up to eventually add another home game in 2021 before eventually having half our home games there by 2025.

LOL ... so, you're taking over for Byron LeftTown as King of Conspiracies?
Bit of an underwhelming game to send over. Yes its a division game so should be competitive and im sure the NFL wants to send Watt to England but can't see many neutrals flocking to that one.

Lets see Watson get a bus from Houston to London!
(01-21-2019, 01:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of an underwhelming game to send over. Yes its a division game so should be competitive and im sure the NFL wants to send Watt to England but can't see many neutrals flocking to that one.

The teams playing doesn't matter. The tickets always sell out because an entire weekend in London can be done for less than the cost of a return flight to the States.
(01-21-2019, 01:21 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2019, 01:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of an underwhelming game to send over. Yes its a division game so should be competitive and im sure the NFL wants to send Watt to England but can't see many neutrals flocking to that one.

The teams playing doesn't matter. The tickets always sell out because an entire weekend in London can be done for less than the cost of a return flight to the States.

Well they have the season tickets for all 4 games but i think the Bears, Raiders and Rams will be bigger draws for the neutral if they are going to buy single game tickets. We played the Colts a couple of seasons ago so we have played a division rival before. The UK games always sell out but i think ours will be last.
Not the first time they’re playing a divisional game in London. Jags won the last one
Pages: 1 2