Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Comes Next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If the predictions are true that Trump is going to lose and the Republican Party has a civil war for its soul, I think this is not a bad thing, because...

I would really like to participate in a new, rebuilt Republican Party, one that is socially and scientifically enlightened, and financially conservative.  If the Republican Party will move away from this crazy populist xenophobic anti-free-trade bull excrement and move towards the center on some issues, then I would like to join it.  

If the predictions hold true and Clinton wins, then the Democratic Party will have their day of reckoning postponed, and all the disease and rot will remain at least until 2020. 

I have always believed that in every crisis there is an opportunity, so the Republican Party crackup is a great opportunity to rebuild the party in a way that will attract independents and centrists like me. 

One of these two parties will become the dominant party by taking the center.  Up to now, both parties have reflected the polarization in the country, Democrats racing to the left and Republicans racing to the right.  So actually, going down to defeat could advantage the Republicans by giving then a 4 year head start in rebuilding their brand for the 21st century. 

Republicans accepting social change and science? Good luck with that. Their willingness to let the extreme elements of their party take the reins has been their undoing. I think both the right and the left are at their best when they move closer to the middle. The GOP is a bunch of factions right now that are not on the same sheet music. And the Dems need more recognizable members. They are pretty bland aside from a few names.
There is little tolerance for centrism is this country today. With the advent of social media people no longer need to modulate their arguments with reason and understanding. Now everyone has a microphone and the only way to be heard in the fracas is to become insufferably fractious and provocative. There are no more 'idiot filters' in the form of newspaper editors and discussion moderators. Now people are free to instantly broadcast their stupidity for the whole world to see. What's even worse is they no longer care. The national debate is a Howard Stern show. This country is no longer about Us; it's We and Them.
Quote:There is little tolerance for centrism is this country today. With the advent of social media people no longer need to modulate their arguments with reason and understanding. Now everyone has a microphone and the only way to be heard in the fracas is to become insufferably fractious and provocative. There are no more 'idiot filters' in the form of newspaper editors and discussion moderators. Now people are free to instantly broadcast their stupidity for the whole world to see. What's even worse is they no longer care. The national debate is a Howard Stern show. This country is no longer about Us; it's We and Them.

Jeez.   That's so true it hurts.   Painfully true.  

But I still have hope.  
Quote:If the predictions are true that Trump is going to lose and the Republican Party has a civil war for its soul, I think this is not a bad thing, because...

I would really like to participate in a new, rebuilt Republican Party, one that is socially and scientifically enlightened, and financially conservative.  If the Republican Party will move away from this crazy populist xenophobic anti-free-trade bull excrement and move towards the center on some issues, then I would like to join it.  

If the predictions hold true and Clinton wins, then the Democratic Party will have their day of reckoning postponed, and all the disease and rot will remain at least until 2020. 

I have always believed that in every crisis there is an opportunity, so the Republican Party crackup is a great opportunity to rebuild the party in a way that will attract independents and centrists like me. 

One of these two parties will become the dominant party by taking the center.  Up to now, both parties have reflected the polarization in the country, Democrats racing to the left and Republicans racing to the right.  So actually, going down to defeat could advantage the Republicans by giving then a 4 year head start in rebuilding their brand for the 21st century. 

Before TAPEGATE, Trump was leading by double digits among independents. 

I also reject the idea that the republican party is anti science.  If you take away the average Democrats phone they won't be able to tell you the difference between abiogenesis and evolution, they won't be able to tell you the difference between speciation level change and adaptation, and they won't be able to tell you why there has been no mathematical correlation between the exponential increase in anthropogenic CO2 and the surface temperature of the planet for the last two decades. 

As for socially enlightened, this cycle we basically replaced the pro life plank in the platform with paid childcare and paid family leave.  We have a candidate at the top of the ticket that said you can use whatever bathroom you feel appropriate and frames anti-terror policy through the prizm of helping the lgbt community.  Any further to the left and you completely alienate the religious right that you need to win elections.  There just aren't enough fiscally conservative secularists in the middle to replace and expand over 40% of the republican base. 

As for immigration, good luck with that.  Why didn't the Obama administration pass it with their initial majorities in the senate?  Because if you don't get it past cloture then it might as well be political suicide!  Unfettered immigration isn't a majority position in the country and its certainly not a majority position among those outside the democratic party. 

The great tragedy is that for the forseeable future Trumpism would have been a more than viable political platform, it's just sad that it might not have been enough to overcome the flaws of Donald Trump. 
Republicans not anti science. Interesting.. most scientists do not identify as Republican. A significantly higher number of Republicans reject climate change despite the overwhelming majority of scientists who believe in it. Significantly more Republicans reject evolution than Dems. What is your argument they are not anti science?
Quote:Republicans not anti science. Interesting.. most scientists do not identify as Republican. A significantly higher number of Republicans reject climate change despite the overwhelming majority of scientists who believe in it. Significantly more Republicans reject evolution than Dems. What is your argument they are not anti science?

did you always try to bully women, or were you just triggered by something?
What makes everyone think Trump is out of the race? A poll taken by a Hillary Clinton superpac shows she is up +11%? Trump dommed Hillary in the debate on Sunday, completely overshadowing any sort of attack on Trump, plus we have email leaks and releases on Hillary coming out over the next few days.

Personally, I think he has a long shot because of media manipulation and Republican cowardice, but I don't think he is out by any means. Media elitism doesn't represent your average voter.

Quote:What makes everyone think Trump is out of the race? A poll taken by a Hillary Clinton superpac shows she is up +11%? Trump dommed Hillary in the debate on Sunday, completely overshadowing any sort of attack on Trump, plus we have email leaks and releases on Hillary coming out over the next few days.

Personally, I think he has a long shot because of media manipulation and Republican cowardice, but I don't think he is out by any means. Media elitism doesn't represent your average voter.

Funny you saw a different debate than others. He did do a good job working his base. But the Breitbart crew isn't enough to win an election.
Quote:Funny you saw a different debate than others. He did do a good job working his base. But the Breitbart crew isn't enough to win an election.

It is going to come down to turnout, like I have always said. If Trump can keep his base motivated, they will turnout. As opposed to Hillary, there are people actually excited to vote for Trump.

I have never found a single person who has said "I am or was excited from the start to vote for Hillary Clinton."
Quote:It is going to come down to turnout, like I have always said. If Trump can keep his base motivated, they will turnout. As opposed to Hillary, there are people actually excited to vote for Trump.

I have never found a single person who has said "I am or was excited from the start to vote for Hillary Clinton."
Turnout would be more of an issue in tight race. When in actuality this race isn't very tight at all.

The side show circus is over and now the adults have work to do.

I just want to add: Roger Stone, Bannon, and Guliani are the reason Trumpism will die in less than a month.
Quote:Turnout would be more of an issue in tight race. When in actuality this race isn't very tight at all.

The side show circus is over and now the adults have work to do.

Alright, go back to work and don't even worry about voting. Its over anyway.
Quote:did you always try to bully women, or were you just triggered by something?
Wrong thread.. what I posted was actually in defense of women. It's unfortunate that the ignorant comment which brought that on came from a woman.

And in typical fashion, you did not answer the question.
Quote:Alright, go back to work and don't even worry about voting. Its over anyway.

Don't worry about me. I get to vote Oct 24th.
Quote:What makes everyone think Trump is out of the race? A poll taken by a Hillary Clinton superpac shows she is up +11%? Trump dommed Hillary in the debate on Sunday, completely overshadowing any sort of attack on Trump, plus we have email leaks and releases on Hillary coming out over the next few days.

That right there folks is called whistling past the graveyard ...

Media manipulation? Media elitism? Got any more excuses?

Face it - your boy is an Ego Clown.
Quote:If the predictions are true that Trump is going to lose and the Republican Party has a civil war for its soul, I think this is not a bad thing, because...

^^^ Agree

I'd also add that a newly built Republican Party factor in a level of environmentally sound policies (e.g. earth friendly - reduction of fossil fuels, etc.) that will hit home with the millions of millennials out there.

Most of us older Dems are somewhat conservative by nature and agree out party is gone way too far to the Left.

.... also, let me add that I was really ready to vote for someone like Rubio or Kasich this year and/or would have loved to have Romney back in the mix as an option.  Cruz is kind of strange -- not sure what to make of him - still a better option than HRC.

Would have gone with you on Kasich. Would never vote Rubio. He is a fraud.
Quote:Wrong thread.. what I posted was actually in defense of women. It's unfortunate that the ignorant comment which brought that on came from a woman.

And in typical fashion, you did not answer the question.

Personally I think this should be the topic concerning you until you apologize.  Just because you disagree with someone's interpretation of a 90 second clip doesn't mean you have the right to call them ignorant or make sexually crude and disrespectful comments towards them.  You aren't the final arbiter of when someone should be treated respectfully and when they should be thrown out like garbage just because they don't conform to your leftist agenda.  Your reluctance to apologize is frankly astonishing given what you said, how you said it and why you said it. 
Quote:It is going to come down to turnout, like I have always said. If Trump George Wallace can keep his base motivated, they will turnout. As opposed to Hillary Nixon, there are people actually excited to vote for Trump Wallace.

I have never found a single person who has said "I am or was excited from the start to vote for Hillary Clinton Richard Nixon."

This is my take  ^^^

Quote:This is my take ^^^

Exactly.
Pages: 1 2 3