Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Austin Sefarian Jenkins gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://twitter.com/Aesj88/status/1088536715294318597

Looks like you were right NYC....

TE a big big need now but thankfully its a great draft for that.
Definitely a draft priority now.
And it already was...
Cap causality I guess. It's a shame because I really liked ASJ, dude has the right attitude and a lot of potential and I thought he could ball out for us.
(01-24-2019, 04:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely a draft priority now.
And it already was...
Good thing this draft is loaded at TE.
I think he could have contributed together with a couple of rookie TEs but like Jackcity said it's a very good draft for the TE position. Good luck to ASJ.
4.4 million net saved on the Cap
Well, I was hoping we could not have this as a draft priority and just slowly build depth but...cap casualty. I suspect Gip will be next.
Didn't see that one coming (sarcastically stated)
I’m sure the cut has to do with cap as many are stating, but I really believe his inability to get back from IR when they had him designated played a big role in his release.
Marrone seemed steamed about it when he was asked around week 14 or 15.
With the New OC maybe we are gonna run more 3 WR Sets. Bring in a good rookiee to block and catch.
(01-24-2019, 04:53 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I was hoping we could not have this as a draft priority and just slowly build depth but...cap casualty. I suspect Gip will be next.

I dont think Gip will be cut
Playing at a good level and good availability. It would create a very large hole in this scheme that really needs a safety with range.

And his play man2man vs TEs would be sorely missed.

I could see him traded before being a cap casualty.
Good. Waste of money and time. Draft a TE in the 2nd round and we good
(01-24-2019, 05:31 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Team statement:

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/10...0570442753

Interesting development.
Personally, I like the idea of ASJ plus a 2nd/3rd rd rookie manning the TE spots in 2019. But only if ASJ is bought in and I’m not so sure he is. (Just my speculation here - I have nothing concrete to support that)
So, the only report is from ASJ and his tweet? The team denying it. Was this ‘news’ anywhere else?
When healthy, I thought ASJ was a solid TE. With the holes already on this team, and TE already being thin to say the least, I would not like to see ASJ released. I understand if I am in the minority.
(01-24-2019, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 05:31 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Team statement:

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/10...0570442753

Interesting development.
Personally, I like the idea of ASJ plus a 2nd/3rd rd rookie manning the TE spots in 2019. But only if ASJ is bought in and I’m not so sure he is. (Just my speculation here - I have nothing concrete to support that)

I agree completely.
For what it's worth after he twitted someone asked him if he knew something we don't and he answered "yeah". It was before the team statement though. They probably told him something along the lines "we are not sure we are bringing you back" when he asked for any guarantees and he took it as they were going to cut him (which they probably will).
We'll see, don't think he'll be here. We have to draft TE well anyway, we are already years late with that.
(01-24-2019, 05:50 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2019, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting development.

I agree completely.
For what it's worth after he twitted someone asked him if he knew something we don't and he answered "yeah".  It was before the team statement though. They probably told him something along the lines "we are not sure we are bringing you back" when he asked for any guarantees and he took it as they were going to cut him (which they probably will).
We'll see, don't think he'll be here. We have to draft TE well anyway, we are already years late with that.

We are about 4 years too late on offensive maneuvers in general.
Cap casualty.  No reason to spend over $4M on a TE when the draft is loaded with young, cheap talented TE's that can both block and catch.  

I can see us signing a cheap FA tight end to go along with a rookie.
Without ASJ, we only have James O'Shaughnessy, Blake Bell, Ben Koyack and Pharoah McKever.

I believe we all agreed that we would be drafting a TE this year, but this move should pretty much guarantee that now.

I think the question now becomes, do they go after 2 TEs in the draft, instead of just one? Maybe 1 FA and 1 rookie?
Pages: 1 2 3