Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sources: Jaguars look to trade RB Hyde, DT Jackson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The [font=Georgia,]Jacksonville Jaguars are attempting to trade running back Carlos Hyde and defensive tackle Malik Jackson, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.[/font]
The Jaguars are looking to reach agreements on trades that can be processed when the league year opens March 13.
Hyde was traded to the Jaguars by the [font=Georgia,]Cleveland Browns last season, and he rushed for 189 yards on 58 carries in eight games with Jacksonville.[/font]
Jackson has been in Jacksonville since 2016 after signing a six-year contract worth up to $90 million. He has totaled 18 sacks over the past three seasons.
The Jaguars will attempt to recoup some value for the two players, as both had been expected to be leaving Jacksonville this offseason.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2990658560
I'm one of those people that believes Carlos Hyde could be a productive and valuable player if we could get our O line in order. The dude is a bull. He's a pile mover that can get good yards after contact. Unfortunately, our decrepit O line last season put that point of contact at the line of scrimmage or behind.
(03-02-2019, 11:30 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The [font=Georgia,]Jacksonville Jaguars are attempting to trade running back Carlos Hyde and defensive tackle Malik Jackson, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.[/font]
The Jaguars are looking to reach agreements on trades that can be processed when the league year opens March 13.
Hyde was traded to the Jaguars by the [font=Georgia,]Cleveland Browns last season, and he rushed for 189 yards on 58 carries in eight games with Jacksonville.[/font]
Jackson has been in Jacksonville since 2016 after signing a six-year contract worth up to $90 million. He has totaled 18 sacks over the past three seasons.
The Jaguars will attempt to recoup some value for the two players, as both had been expected to be leaving Jacksonville this offseason.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2990658560

Hyde is worth a Firehouse sub and Jackson a Subway 6 inch.
If we were to get a 7th rounder for Hyde, I'd be surprised. This is a deep draft for RB's and who wants a veteran RB who is passed his prime and will cost much more than a rookie, as well as a pick? As far as Jackson, I'd be happy with a 4th round selection. I believe he can still be a very good D-Lineman. We just can't afford him.
If we can get anyrhing out of either at this point i would be surprised. Someone will probably bite on Jackson for a 7th since he is still a highly productive rotationl player. Just not at that salary
(03-02-2019, 01:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]If we were to get a 7th rounder for Hyde, I'd be surprised. This is a deep draft for RB's and who wants a veteran RB who is passed his prime and will cost much more than a rookie, as well as a pick?  As far as Jackson, I'd be happy with a 4th round selection. I believe he can still be a very good D-Lineman. We just can't afford him.

Agree, he can be replaced in the draft easy enough for much less cost; be nice to stumble on the next Alvin Kamara, wouldn't it?

Off topic but certainly relevant- concerning subs, Firehouse sucks but Subway is worse. I never had a FH until Teal Deals came out and I get them for $2 on the coup. Other than then, it's Publix for me.
It’s almost like they want to acquire more picks for something.... like.... a trade up.
Probably a 4th/5th for Malik and a 7th/6th for Hyde
(03-02-2019, 02:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]It’s almost like they want to acquire more picks for something.... like.... a trade up.

Hmmmm. Interesting...
So how does a trade of Malik Jackson affect the Salary Cap vs. Cutting him?
(03-02-2019, 02:12 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]So how does a trade of Malik Jackson affect the Salary Cap vs. Cutting him?

They’d save 4million in 2019 dead cap money by trading vs cutting.
(03-02-2019, 02:12 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]So how does a trade of Malik Jackson affect the Salary Cap vs. Cutting him?
Saves a Little I think.
(03-02-2019, 02:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

They’d save 4million in 2019 dead cap money by trading vs cutting.

I thought we held onto the dead cap...which makes it cheaper for the team that takes him but that's why I asked.
(03-02-2019, 02:24 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2019, 02:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]They’d save 4million in 2019 dead cap money by trading vs cutting.

I thought we held onto the dead cap...which makes it cheaper for the team that takes him but that's why I asked.

I don’t know how negotiable that stuff is, but something like that would help facilitate a trade for sure.
(03-02-2019, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2019, 02:24 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we held onto the dead cap...which makes it cheaper for the team that takes him but that's why I asked.

I don’t know how negotiable that stuff is, but something like that would help facilitate a trade for sure.

Quick googling and my limited understanding it seems like if was a "signing bonus" the Jags would hold onto it but if it was a "Roster Bonus" the new team takes it.
(03-02-2019, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2019, 02:24 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we held onto the dead cap...which makes it cheaper for the team that takes him but that's why I asked.

If it's a straight trade then it makes absolutely no difference whether we trade or cut him. We save $11 million on the cap in both cases.
We traded a 5th round pick for Hyde, and I doubt he's lost that much value since. They probably can get a 6th for him.
Hyde is more likely a player for player trade. Jackson would be a 3rd at the most. I could see a team with loaded cap space going for him.
I could see Jackson being traded but forget about Hyde

That trade still drives me nuts. Can’t believe we did that

Malik has $4m of unamortized signing bonus that would be accelerated onto the Jag's cap, if he is cut or traded.  As his year 4 base salary is not guaranteed, his $13m base salary for this next year would not count against the Jag's cap if either cut or traded.  

An acquiring team for Malik would step into the Jag's role of his remaining 3 years of his contract, taking on non guaranteed base salaries of $13m, $13.75m, and $13.75m.  Expensive but an acquiring team would not need to pay him a bonus, and could release or trade him at anytime without any dead money ramifications.
Pages: 1 2