Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Will Richardson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
4th round pick last year. Are we going to do something with him? He just kind of disappeared 

Does he start next year?
He got injured early so we'll have to see hiw he comes back. If i remember he was supposed to be a strong run blocker
Under-whelmed in camp last year and viewed this past season as a longer term project. I would not count on him as a starter this year.
Yeah until we see him play RT is still a big hole
(03-08-2019, 08:26 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Under-whelmed in camp last year and viewed this past season as a longer term project.  I would not count on him as a starter this year.

Where are you getting that from?  Everything coming out of camp last year showed him looking strong at RT until he tweaked a knee.  Would he have been a starter last year? Probably not he wasn't 'underwhelming'
(03-08-2019, 05:36 AM)gBlack and Teal Wrote: [ -> ]4th round pick last year. Are we going to do something with him? He just kind of disappeared 

Does he start next yea
He got hurt or he’d have probably started lots of games due to other injuries.
He’s a total unknown for anyone outside the building.
They may be counting on him to start or they may be intent on bringing in competition for him. 
No way to know until free agency and draft.
(03-08-2019, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 05:36 AM)gBlack and Teal Wrote: [ -> ]4th round pick last year. Are we going to do something with him? He just kind of disappeared 

Does he start next yea
He got hurt or he’d have probably started lots of games due to other injuries.
They may be counting on him to start or they may be intent on bringing in competition for him. 

How do you feel about Parnell.  Richardson, as you said, is unknown right now.  I wouldn't mind moving Linder back over to RG and picking up a C and RT if Richardson isnt the answer
(03-08-2019, 01:13 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He got hurt or he’d have probably started lots of games due to other injuries.

How do you feel about Parnell.  Richardson, as you said, is unknown right now.  I wouldn't mind moving Linder back over to RG and picking up a C and RT if Richardson isnt the answer

Parnell probably has another good year in him, but he’s going to give up pressure to speedy edge rushers pretty consistently. 

Pretty solid, but upgradeable.
Since Parnell has been released, I expect Richardson to be the starting RT unless we draft one.

NH3...
(03-08-2019, 09:43 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 08:26 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Under-whelmed in camp last year and viewed this past season as a longer term project.  I would not count on him as a starter this year.

Where are you getting that from?  Everything coming out of camp last year showed him looking strong at RT until he tweaked a knee.  Would he have been a starter last year? Probably not he wasn't 'underwhelming'

One of the Jags media staff said that. I think was Oehser. Apparently they were hoping he would push Parnell to start and at least be a swing tackle, but he didn't match that expectation at all. 

Maybe a slight change in line philosophy with coaching changes helps him figure it out this year.
(03-08-2019, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 01:13 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel about Parnell.  Richardson, as you said, is unknown right now.  I wouldn't mind moving Linder back over to RG and picking up a C and RT if Richardson isnt the answer

Parnell probably has another good year in him, but he’s going to give up pressure to speedy edge rushers pretty consistently. 

Pretty solid, but upgradeable.
I agree with the 1 more yr.  I dont know if they feel richardson is the replacement or good for depth with hope we draft a better RT.  I just can guess he must be Parnell level or almost there if they let JP go.
(03-08-2019, 09:43 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Lageman (may have been Oesher as mentioned prior)
(03-08-2019, 01:13 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 11:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He got hurt or he’d have probably started lots of games due to other injuries.

Going into last offseason we had the same problem we do now and the front office basically did nothing to fix the issue. We need to come away from this offseason with 2 new starter acquisitions via FA, trade or draft between C, RG, RT. However they want to do it is fine but if they rely on what was here last year, there is going to be a hole in the line. Personally, I'd like them to sign the RT from Miami and draft a C or G in the first 3 rounds. The other option I kinda like is either signing one of the top 2 C and move Linder back to G.
(03-08-2019, 09:31 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2019, 01:13 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel about Parnell.  Richardson, as you said, is unknown right now.  I wouldn't mind moving Linder back over to RG and picking up a C and RT if Richardson isnt the answer

Going into last offseason we had the same problem we do now and the front office basically did nothing to fix the issue. We need to come away from this offseason with 2 new starter acquisitions via FA, trade or draft between C, RG, RT. However they want to do it is fine but if they rely on what was here last year, there is going to be a hole in the line. Personally, I'd like them to sign the RT from Miami and draft a C or G in the first 3 rounds. The other option I kinda like is either signing one of the top 2 C and move Linder back to G.
I have the same feelings as well but have little faith in the draft. We basically did nothing n are losing more n more pieces to the team. I'm in wait n see mode

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I fully expect Richardson to be the starting RT, unless we draft a swing tackle and he ends up beating out Richardson.
It doesn't matter who the QB is or if Fournette is committed to a strong off season, if the line doesn't improve.
Calling it now, we're going to sign a free agent QB (Foles most likely, darkhorse shot of signing Teddy Bridgewater). Draft an OT in the first round, TE in the 2nd round. And then best available Offensive player with both of our 3rd rounders & 4th rounder (some combination of another Olineman, Receiver and Runningback depending on how the draft falls).

The 1st round OT will compete against Cam Robinson for the LT job, with the "loser" kicking to RT. Anything Richardson gives at this point is a bonus.
It would be nice if the Front Office would make themselves available more than once a year so that some of these questions about players could actually be asked. It’s asinine that they are never available.
(03-08-2019, 10:55 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Calling it now, we're going to sign a free agent QB (Foles most likely, darkhorse shot of signing Teddy Bridgewater). Draft an OT in the first round, TE in the 2nd round. And then best available Offensive player with both of our 3rd rounders & 4th rounder (some combination of another Olineman, Receiver and Runningback depending on how the draft falls).

The 1st round OT will compete against Cam Robinson for the LT job, with the "loser" kicking to RT. Anything Richardson gives at this point is a bonus.

I agree with all this!
(03-08-2019, 09:31 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing besides drafting Richardson and signing Norwell you mean.
Pages: 1 2