Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why didn't the Jags sign Mack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mack was on the radar, and it seems he's added a huge boost to Atlantas production.

Anyone know why he wasn't gone after? Money? Happy with what was current line up?

Just curious.
I'm sure the injury had a lot to do with it and his down play from last year
Jags were focused on pass rushers early, and Mack was signed pretty early on. Plus, it was a lot of money to pay for him, IIRC. Mack got hurt last season and didn't play that we'll anyways.
Quote:Mack was on the radar, and it seems he's added a huge boost to Atlantas production.

Anyone know why he wasn't gone after? Money? Happy with what was current line up?

Just curious.

I like the plan on moving Linder to centre anyway. I really believe he will be rhe best centre in the league by the end of next season. He's already grading out top 5.

Caldwell has a good record at drafting guards so we can always get a right guard in the draft if nobody on the roater sticks.
I think Linder was going to be our center regardless.
Quote:I like the plan on moving Linder to centre anyway. I really believe he will be rhe best centre in the league by the end of next season. He's already grading out top 5.

Caldwell has a good record at drafting guards so we can always get a right guard in the draft if nobody on the roater sticks.
agree, love the move to put Linder at center.
Cause they are stupid
Because this board called Mack "done", "old", injuried" and "expensive".

Matt Ryan looks very happy to have such an old injuried expensive center...

I think they also wanted that money for defense but they came up a little short on Vernon which in the long run it will be for the better
Quote:Because this board called Mack "done", "old", injuried" and "expensive".

Matt Ryan looks very happy to have such an old injuried expensive center...

Lol, I remember this.
Linder is way cheaper and looks just as good at center than Mack imo. A left guard is what we need
It wasn't just Mack, Dave all but ignored the entire IOL (I'm not counting Bernadeau as a real attempt). 

I was fine with him passing on Mack, that was a very pricey penny to pay when he also wanted Vernon and there was certainly no guarantee Mack was going to bounce back, but he should have gone after Brooks or Allen or Schwartz or Foster or Boone...

Quote:It wasn't just Mack, Dave all but ignored the entire IOL (I'm not counting Bernadeau as a real attempt). 

I was fine with him passing on Mack, that was a very pricey penny to pay when he also wanted Vernon and there was certainly no guarantee Mack was going to bounce back, but he should have gone after Brooks or Allen or Schwartz or Foster or Boone...

I think they had faith in the loser of the LT battle making the switch to LG. Cann and Linder were obvious starters at the other two spots.

They wanted to upset you.
I had this argument a lot about him last year. I kept trying to say that he wasn't playing as bad as pff and those on this board were saying. He had a bad first quarter of the season coming back from an injury and on a bad team, but he really came along as the season wore on.
Quote:I think they had faith in the loser of the LT battle making the switch to LG. Cann and Linder were obvious starters at the other two spots.
Oh I know, not letting go of his pet projects has been Dave's biggest fault so far. There should have been legitimate competition brought in for LG and SS, Holmes should be on the roster instead of Chris Smith, and Marrone should be getting tested as interim head coach. 
Quote:Oh I know, not letting go of his pet projects has been Dave's biggest fault so far. There should have been legitimate competition brought in for LG and SS, Holmes should be on the roster instead of Chris Smith, and Marrone should be getting tested as interim head coach.
agree with most of what you just said. Holmes should be on the roster but not instead of Smith. Smith has potential, Gratz is the one that should of been kicked to the curb
Quote:Oh I know, not letting go of his pet projects has been Dave's biggest fault so far. There should have been legitimate competition brought in for LG and SS, Holmes should be on the roster instead of Chris Smith, and Marrone should be getting tested as interim head coach. 

I would hardly consider the second overall pick in the draft a pet project; more like attempting to recoup some of the tremendous value spent on the pick. Anyways, I thought Joeckel was playing adequately at left guard before he got injured. I don't necessarily disagree on the other ones though.
Quote:agree with most of what you just said. Holmes should be on the roster but not instead of Smith. Smith has potential, Gratz is the one that should of been kicked to the curb
Ramsey and Amukamara certainly count as legitimate competition for Gratz though, not to mention he's gonna be the one cut when they have to officially reinstate Colvin in a couple of days.
Quote:I would hardly consider the second overall pick in the draft a pet project; more like attempting to recoup some of the tremendous value spent on the pick. Anyways, I thought Joeckel was playing adequately at left guard before he got injured. I don't necessarily disagree on the other ones though.
Call it whatever you want, banking on a guy who has been mediocre at best for 3 years to solidify a position that he has never played before is unwise. I'm not saying Joeckel should have been cut, but there should have been some legit competition brought in when the FA class was so loaded at that position especially.
Pages: 1 2 3 4