Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Most iconic play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would have to say Jimmy Smith’s fade to glory up in Denver 1996. 3rd and 5, Brunell throws the perfect pass and Smith makes a diving catch to seal the victory against the NFL’s best team, Denver Broncos. 

But....

If Myles Jack doesn’t get called down, would that have become the most iconic play for our franchise? It would have most likely sealed the game and sent us to the Super Bowl.
1. Toby Gerhart at the one for no gain
2. Toby Gerhart at the 1 for loss of one
3. Toby Gerhart at the two for no gain
4. Toby Gerhart at the two for a loss of a yard.

I think those are honorable mentions.
In first:

Morten Anderson misses chip shot, 1996
Smith fade
Fred goes the distance against Miami
Brunell scramble in Denver
When Chris Hudson returned a blocked field goal against the Steelers and was running down the sidelines when Bill Cowher cocked back his arm and looked like he was gonna try and punch Hudson. It didn't happen, but he looked like he wanted to. It was a great moment. The Jags/Steelers was one of the greatest rivalries in the NFL.
Fast forward to the 25:00 mark...

https://youtu.be/5eKFz9jHXtE?t=1500

(04-14-2019, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]When Chris Hudson returned a blocked field goal against the Steelers and was running down the sidelines when Bill Cowher cocked back his arm and looked like he was gonna try and punch Hudson. It didn't happen, but he looked like he wanted to. It was a great moment. The Jags/Steelers was one of the greatest rivalries in the NFL.

You only beat me to it because I was looking for the video when you posted.
Imma give 4&2 - Garrard - playoffs an honorable mention
Jalen's game sealing int vs Buf in the 2017 playoffs
J-Smooth in Denver!!
55 seconds left and two time outs, Jags kneel twice to head into half against Pats AFCCG when we had them on the ropes. Changed the entire tone of the game. Went on to play ultra passive 2nd half. Worst part was learning not a single team in the entire NFL kneeled with that much time during the season.
(04-14-2019, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]When Chris Hudson returned a blocked field goal against the Steelers and was running down the sidelines when Bill Cowher cocked back his arm and looked like he was gonna try and punch Hudson. It didn't happen, but he looked like he wanted to. It was a great moment. The Jags/Steelers was one of the greatest rivalries in the NFL.

The night I became a Jags fan!!!!

I'll never forget my Dad teaching me about icing the kicker.  Then after the Time out, It worked!!!
(04-14-2019, 09:25 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]1. Toby Gerhart at the one for no gain

I thought I was the only one still haunted by that series of downs.  :Sad 

The horse was great in training camp.

[Image: 0ap2000000366218.jpg]
Mark Brunell's scramble and David Garrard's scramble both being mentioned should really hit home how much mobile QB means.
Any brunell to Jimmy sideline out running coverage rd. Was a classic play back in the day and hardly was stopped.

Got to give the hail Mary some props.

The scrambles are up there too.
(04-14-2019, 10:29 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Imma give 4&2 - Garrard - playoffs an honorable mention

This... The Mike Thomas Hail Mary.  Scobee to end it vs the colts from 59 (i think it was) and the Koyack catch.

(04-14-2019, 06:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2019, 09:25 AM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]1. Toby Gerhart at the one for no gain

I thought I was the only one still haunted by that series of downs.  :Sad 

The horse was great in training camp.

[Image: 0ap2000000366218.jpg]

I think i remember Shoelace having a very similar set of downs too.  Maybe the year b4...?? Maybe that same year.
(04-14-2019, 09:38 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]In first:

Chicken dinner
(04-14-2019, 09:38 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]In first:

^
I also remember a play where the ball was intercepted by a Ravens CB and Tony Boselli chased him down from behind and saved a TD. I was always a Boselli fan and thought he was among the best of all time, but when he did that, I knew he was the best of all time. I'd never seen a big man so athletic as to chase down a DB from behind and make a big play. Tony was amazing at all aspects of the position. Short career or not, he was the best LT of all time and deserves to be in the HOF.
For me personally, whether it’s universal or not for the Jags faithful...

All of Freddy’s runs in 2007 vs the squealers are imprinted indelibly on my mind.
Freddy T: seeking out and DESTROYING Mike Doss after a weeks worth of Doss' chatter....and then looking back and surveying the damage on the way to the end zone.

MJD: the "hit stick special" on Shawne Merriman
Pages: 1 2