Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC South Week 5 Pick'em
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm changing the language of the title of this thread because a certain poster keeps posting in the weekly pick'em thread without making any picks. If I see them attempting their thread jacking without making any picks they will be reported. Now without any further ado....

Jags vs. Bye

We win against the bye as long as no one ends up on a police blotter or gets injured in practice. Fingers crossed....

Texans @ Vikings

Texans go on the road and face maybe the 2nd best defense in the league behind the Broncos. I'm not very confident that Oz will be able to pull off the win in a tough environment so I'm taking the Vikings.

Bears @ Colts

Fun fact: every team that the Jags have played this season has lost their game the following week. Packers lost to the Vikings, the Chargers lost to the Colts and the Ravens lost to the Raiders. Call me crazy but I think that trend continues with the Colts coming back from England without a bye week to rest, so give me the Bears.

Titans @ Dolphins

Stinker of a game here as far as the teams playing and having to pick who sucks the least. I guess I'll hold my nose and pick the Dolphins who have home field advantage and better defense.
Texans @ Vikings-Texans seem to have hit on first round pick Fuller, giving the Texans arguably the best receiving duo in the division. But Minnesota is at home, and their defense is outstanding, and ultimately too much for Houston. Vikings win 23-14.

Bears at Colts- Colts have a huge advantage at QB. Bears have the edge in the trenches. Nevertheless, even if the Colts offense duplicates what it did against the Jaguars, complete with six sacks allowed, I don't see the Bears having enough offensive firepower to keep up. By the way, I think the Colts will be the first team to not have a bye week immediately following a game in London. It will be interesting to see if they are fresh or flat. Colts win 27-19.

Tacks at Fish-assuming Miami survives this hurricane, they'll survive the Titans. Miami wins 21-17.

Last week: 1-1.

Overall: 6-8
I'll take the Vikings, colts and dolphins.

Vikings have looked like what the texans have been trying to be, they probably won't win in the playoffs either, but right now they're definitely a playoff level team. Except for the fact that the texans play in the AFCS they're not a playoff level team.

Colts should be better than the bears. They're not better than the Jaguars or texans, but they should be able to handle the bears.

The titans are the titans, and I've seen the dolphins play some tough games in losing efforts. Dolphins aren't a great team but they should be good enough to win against the titans at home.
Vikings are going to crush the Texans.

Colts defeat Bears, but man I'm rooting for Da Bears.

Dolphins at home defeat Titans.
1-1 last week.

8-6 overall.

Colts over Bears (should be better than the Bears...)

Vikings over Texans (Honestly think the Vikings are best team in the NFL)

Dolphins over Titans (only cause the Fins are at home)

2-0 last week

8-6 overall

Colts over Bears

Vikings over Texans

Dolphins over Titans (flip a coin on this one)
1-1 last week

7-7 overall

This week's picks:

Colts

Vikings

Fins
Vikings colts titans. Last week 1-1 overall 1-1
I forgot to make my picks last week. (FWIW I would have picked Jags/Texans) Give me:

Vikes

Bears

Dolphins

Weird to pick the Bears, but I feel like Indy is in a nosedive right now and Hoyer has been playing well.

7-5 overall.

Quote:I forgot to make my picks last week. (FWIW I would have picked Jags/Texans) Give me:

Vikes

Bears

Dolphins

Weird to pick the Bears, but I feel like Indy is in a nosedive right now and Hoyer has been playing well.

7-5 overall.
I think Fox is an outstanding coach who has proven to be able to win with marginal QBs.  If it's close, I can see the Bears pulling it out, especially if the Colts don't quite have their legs back from London.
Vikings over tinhorns

Bears over clots

Dolphins over tacks

*fingers crossed*

Overall: 6-8

Vikings over Texans

Colts over Bears

Dolphins over Titans

7-7 overall

8-6 overall after 2-0 last week.

This week, give me:

Vikings over Texans

Colts over Bears

Dolphins over Titans.
Vikings

Colts

Dolphins
Vikings

Colts

Dolphins

Errrrrrrrrrrr

double posted, my browser locked up

2-0 Last week

7-7 overall

Vikings

Colts

Titans

Texans over Vikings

<p style="margin-left:40px;">We need to remind people we play defense too

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Bears over Colts

<p style="margin-left:40px;">No defense, Hoyer looks like a stud

Titans over Dolphins

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Titans play defense too

Bye over Jags

<p style="margin-left:40px;">It is that bad in Jacksonville

Then again, I'm 5-9 so what do I know? 

At this point I'll take:

Vikings

Dolphins

Colts

1-1 last week.

7-7 over all.

Texans @ Vikings. I am picking the Vikings. They just look way to good to lose a home to the Texans. They are going to make Brock look like a fool like the Patriots did.

Bears @ Colts. This is a hard one because both teams are garbage. I'm picking the Colts though.

Titans @ Dolphins. Another game that is hard to choose because they are both garbage. I see the Dolphins stepping it up at least enough to beat the Titans.
Pages: 1 2 3