Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Jaguars @ Ravens Preseason Game Night Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   NFL football is back as our 2019 Jacksonville Jaguars begin their 25th and silver anniversary as a member of the NFL.   NFL is also celebrating 100 years of their existence.

Jaguars arrived at Baltimore Sunday afternoon, this week for scheduled joint practices with the Baltimore Ravens, climaxing with both teams first preseason game tonight.

Tonight,  fans will see Nick Foles first game action as a Jaguars QB, and also the first live game action for 2019 NFL Draft Class, lead by the Jaguars first pick, and #7 overall in the 2019 NFL Draft, DE/LB Josh Allen.

Jaguars finished 3-1 in the 2018 NFL preseason, but the Ravens defeated the Jaguars 48-17, in both teams last preseason meeting also played at Baltimore, back on August 23, 2012.

WFOX Channel 30 will televise all of the Jaguars preseason games in August, with Brian Sexton and former Jaguars player Leon Searcy announcing the live game commentary, beginning with tonight's road game in Baltimore, right after 7:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, and seen live on HD.

Frank Frangie, Brian Sexton,and Tony Boselli will also announce the live radio game commentary simulcast on flagship station WJXL 1010AM and 92.5FM, and the Jaguars Radio Network.

Partly cloudy skies at 103 degrees is the local gamecast inside M&T Bank (Manufacturers And Traders Trust Company) Stadium, for the 7:35 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 21% humidity, and west/southwestern winds at 9 miles per hour.

NO injuries to both, and all,  the Jaguars and Ravens players  trying to make the cut to the final 53-man regular season roster, as they play on the field tonight, and GO JAGUARS!!!!! Wink   Smile Cool

https://jaguars.com/game-day.2019/pre/jaguars@ravens

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2018080852/20...ars@ravens

https://actionnewsjax.com/sports/jaguars/

https://1010xl.com/
I forget where us out of market fans can see the viewership map at.
(08-08-2019, 10:25 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I forget where us out of market fans can see the viewership map at.

the506.com

that usually has the maps.
it just lists the channels for coverage for now.

reddit has what you need if you don't get the game locally.
Probably not going to get much from this game, but I'm interested in seeing what defensive depth we have and which receiver gets that final slot. Pryor? Cole? Board? Brady? Or do one of the other no-namers show out? Oh, I want to see what the second-best stache in the organization can do in a game situation. He was pretty consistent in camp so far.
(08-08-2019, 10:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not going to get much from this game, but I'm interested in seeing what defensive depth we have and which receiver gets that final slot. Pryor? Cole? Board? Brady? Or do one of the other no-namers show out? Oh, I want to see what the second-best stache in the organization can do in a game situation. He was pretty consistent in camp so far.

I'm really interested in watching Minshew. Foles likely won't play is what I've heard so we should see Minshew get a series against most or at least some of Baltimore's ones.
(08-08-2019, 12:47 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2019, 10:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not going to get much from this game, but I'm interested in seeing what defensive depth we have and which receiver gets that final slot. Pryor? Cole? Board? Brady? Or do one of the other no-namers show out? Oh, I want to see what the second-best stache in the organization can do in a game situation. He was pretty consistent in camp so far.

I'm really interested in watching Minshew. Foles likely won't play is what I've heard so we should see Minshew get a series against most or at least some of Baltimore's ones.

Agreed. Want to see what we have QB depth wise and if Lee has improved any. 

Looking forward to football again, health is #1 but want to see what depth we have across the board tonight. We may need a few this year.
Honestly I wouldn't play any starter.

Taven Bryan needs the reps, looking forward to watch him, Datone jones, Smoot, Dontavious Russell (which i've started reading good things about during TC as a solid run stopper, would be ideal given our struggles if our 7th round pick can be just that) and the young CBs like Meeks, Herndon, Borders, the undrafted safety and LB Giles-harris or whatever his name was.

On offense I want to see Will Richardson and Bunchy Stallings, Tyre Brady and Charles Jones (the TE). Minshew obviously and some McGough.
1at preseason game, I'll be dozing off
(08-08-2019, 01:20 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I wouldn't play any starter.

Taven Bryan needs the reps, looking forward to watch him, Datone jones, Smoot, Dontavious Russell (which i've started reading good things about during TC as a solid run stopper, would be ideal given our struggles if our 7th round pick can be just that) and the young CBs like Meeks, Herndon, Borders, the undrafted safety and LB Giles-harris or whatever his name was.

On offense I want to see Will Richardson and Bunchy Stallings, Tyre Brady and Charles Jones (the TE). Minshew obviously and some McGough.

Precisely.  I just want to see how the depth shakes out.  Definitely want to see Wester/Bunchy/Shatley/Wells/McDermott reach out and GRAB a roster spot.  It'd be good to have SOLID depth instead of plug and play guys like we've done in years past.  Jones the TE is a name i've never heard but just read on the site today.  I'd like to see the back end of the secondary show some promise.....and the LBs to inspire a LOT more confidence than we have now.

AND NO INJURIES!!
Jags 42, Ravens 10.
What I will be watching for:

Minshew : is his timing and release enough to overcome his weak arm?

Allen: first chance to get after an NFL o-line and QB

Cole: needs to show he’s not defined by last year’s struggles

Taylor: will we gain confidence in the rookie as a starting RT?

Safeties : Harrison and Wilson have some lingering question marks to dispel
From the homepage:

Quote: Jaguars offensive players not expected to play:

*Quarterback Nick Foles; wide receivers Terrelle Pryor Sr., Marqise Lee, Dede Westbrook, DJ Chark Jr., Marcus Simms and Chris Conley; running backs Leonard Fournette, Roc Thomas, Thomas Rawls and Benny Cunningham; center Brandon Linder; guard Andrew Norwell; right tackle Jawaan Taylor; left tackle Cam Robinson; tackle Cedric Ogbuehi; and tight end Josh Oliver. Pryor, Lee, Cunningham, Rawls, Thomas, Robinson, Taylor, Simms and Oliver were held out for injury reasons.

Jaguars defensive players made inactive:

*Cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye and D.J. Hayden; safeties Jarrod Wilson, Ronnie Harrison and Cody Davis; linebackers Myles Jack, Quincy Williams, James Onwualu and Jake Ryan; tackle Abry Jones and Marcell Dareus; and ends Yannick Ngakoue, Lerentee McCray, Calais Campbell. Bouye, Davis, Ryan, Williams and Onwualu were held out for injury reasons.
(08-08-2019, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]What I will be watching for:

Minshew : is his timing and release enough to overcome his weak arm?

Allen: first chance to get after an NFL o-line and QB

Cole: needs to show he’s not defined by last year’s struggles

Taylor:  will we gain confidence in the rookie as a starting RT?

Safeties : Harrison and Wilson have some lingering question marks to dispel
No Taylor tonight. https://www.jaguars.com/news/in-and-out-...son-opener

(someone beat me to it)
Interesting that Pryor is out and Cole isn’t...
(08-08-2019, 06:15 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that Pryor is out and Cole isn’t...

Pryor is being held out for "injury reasons."
Game Time Fans.

NH3...
(08-08-2019, 06:15 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that Pryor is out and Cole isn’t...

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/11...0621102081
GO JAGS!!!
WOW! We're not playing many significant players.

NH3...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14