Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who do we get to be backup QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't think they are signing someone to be the new starter.  I think that's Minshew unless the wheels come off.  Chase Litton is the practice squad QB. Without knowing much about him, I kind of suspect they want a veteran. So I doubt it's Litton.

McGough is on the Texans practice squad.  

Who's out there?
Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler, Landry Jones. Not much and not much else.
Bridgewater
I guess of those guys I like Lynch the best.....

I don't see Bridgewater. I suspect they aren't going to trade for a backup.
McGough

NH3...
Sign McGough from Houston’s practice squad
(09-08-2019, 06:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Sign McGough from Houston’s practice squad

Makes enough sense if the plan it to stert the gardner.
Phillip Heilman suggests Nick Mullens (49'r back qb) .
(09-08-2019, 05:30 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they are signing someone to be the new starter.  I think that's Minshew unless the wheels come off.  Chase Litton is the practice squad QB. Without knowing much about him, I kind of suspect they want a veteran. So I doubt it's Litton.

Who's out there?

We can sign him to the active roster
Essentially by definition anyone on a practice squad is going to an inexperienced guy. My guess (and obviously only a guess) is that they'll want a veteran to back up Minshew.
(09-08-2019, 06:24 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2019, 05:30 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they are signing someone to be the new starter.  I think that's Minshew unless the wheels come off.  Chase Litton is the practice squad QB. Without knowing much about him, I kind of suspect they want a veteran. So I doubt it's Litton.

Who's out there?

We can sign him to the active roster

I see hiting the Cardinals PS with Kyle Sloter or Clayton Thorson from the Cowboys PS.  Both showed something during preseason games.

Who's out there?
This is the most ridiculous post ever stated, you have a backup come in and play like a starter and you're looking to bring in someone to replace him! He was like 10 or 12 completions in a row and make no mistake the defense lost this game period. Thank god we have Minshew as a backup and not Henny. If the defense gave any help for Minshew I think the kid had a chance to win the game.
You do realize I specifically said "I don't think they are signing someone to be the new starter. I that's Minshew's unless the wheels come off"......
(09-08-2019, 06:40 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: [ -> ]

Who's out there?
This is the most ridiculous post ever stated, you have a backup come in and play like a starter and you're looking to bring in someone to replace him! He was like 10 or 12 completions in a row and make no mistake the defense lost this game period. Thank god we have Minshew as a backup and not Henny. If the defense gave any help for Minshew I think the kid had a chance to win the game.

Sounds like you didn't read the thread title.
Correction if you were talking about a backup to Minshew then I sand corrected as we need to sign a backup.
(09-08-2019, 06:40 PM)JAGs Nation Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2019, 06:24 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]We can sign him to the active roster

I see hiting the Cardinals PS with Kyle Sloter or Clayton Thorson from the Cowboys PS.  Both showed something during preseason games.

Thorson is no bueno.
(09-08-2019, 06:40 PM)JAGs Nation Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2019, 06:24 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]We can sign him to the active roster

If they did go the practice squad route......  I like what I've seen from Sloter.
(09-08-2019, 06:43 PM)roycee Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2019, 06:40 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the most ridiculous post ever stated, you have a backup come in and play like a starter and you're looking to bring in someone to replace him! He was like 10 or 12 completions in a row and make no mistake the defense lost this game period. Thank god we have Minshew as a backup and not Henny. If the defense gave any help for Minshew I think the kid had a chance to win the game.

Sounds like you didn't read the thread title.
Your right and my bad.
I sign Kyle Lauletta off the Eagles practice squad or Kyle Sloter off the Cardinals practice squad. Heck, with the way our luck is, I sign both.
Mullins
Pages: 1 2