Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Welcome Josh Dobbs - Jags QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Welcome to Jacksonville Josh !!  Jags send 5th round pick to the Steelers in exchange for Josh Dobbs.
Just saw that. I’m not mad about it.
For those interested in Dobbs' 2016 draft profile:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/j...id=2558167
Much needed depth
I watched a few of his preseason games in the NFL and he seemed to be inconsistent with regard to accuracy and throwing ints. He really looks the part of a QB but is very inconsistent with his decision making. That said, I guess the unknown is better than the known of bringing in a journey QB like Brock Osweiler or someone like that, event though Brock lit up the Bears last year.
Great, Blake Bortles 2.0.
He ain’t got no eyebrows.
Meh. I wanted RG3 but I guess they're comfortable with Minshew starting until Foles is back.
Has a goofy face. Don't like it
(09-09-2019, 12:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]He ain’t got no eyebrows.

Be careful. He has an autoimmune disease called alopecia areata which causes hair loss. As someone with an autoimmune disease, they can be very hard to deal with in life and jokes don't help. I know you probably didn't realize this, but just letting you know.
Sharp kid. A bit of a dual threat. I liked him when he played for the Vols. Always played well against my Bulldogs. This is a good stop-gap for now in the event Minshew gets hurt or can't perform at a good enough level earlier on as a rookie.
Pretty bad QB. Good arm and athletic but that's all.

Going after a practice squad QB would be a much better use of assets imo, no need to give a pick. A 5th for an 8th week rental is bad.
(09-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]

Be careful. He has an autoimmune disease called alopecia areata which causes hair loss. As someone with an autoimmune disease, they can be very hard to deal with in life and jokes don't help. I know you probably didn't realize this, but just letting you know.

Why can’t you let me be an insensitive jerk in peace?
Why are we giving up a draft pick for a 3rd string QB who ideally wont be here 8 weeks from now? What a preposterous decision.
I'm so sick of the boneheaded moves by this front office! Joshua Dobbs? This guy is terrible! The only positive plays he makes are with his feet. He has poor accuracy, terrible anticipation and he holds the ball too long. On top of that, we wasted a 5th round pick on the guy? Geez! We would have been much better off just promoting Chase Litton from our own practice squad. Dobbs was 18 of 32 with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks in the preseason. That's what a 5th rounder buys nowadays? I'm ready to start cleaning house in the front office and coaching staffs.
Desperation
Don't like it. This guy is no better than any number of practice squad guys we could have gotten for free.
It's a 5th round pick for a backup QB. It's not like there's just a ton of quality backups hanging around right now.
(09-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]

QB at Mandarin had that a few years ago...

Better than Osweiler

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5