Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: He was in the endzone for a touch down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check out Drive time and stop the video of Lennard at the end of the clip and he was in for the touchdown. It was not a close as I thought
My bad it may have been in the beining of the clip but there is a frame done the goal line in that shows he is in but I can't quite reproduce it and copy it to show the frame. Maybe someone with better editing skills can capture it.
(09-17-2019, 12:14 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: [ -> ]My bad it may have been in the beining of the clip but there is a frame done the goal line in that shows he is in but I can't quite reproduce it and copy it to show the frame. Maybe someone with better editing skills can capture it.

He wasn't in.. The camera that had the shot parallel to the goal line showed that he was out.
(09-17-2019, 12:57 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2019, 12:14 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: [ -> ]My bad it may have been in the beining of the clip but there is a frame done the goal line in that shows he is in but I can't quite reproduce it and copy it to show the frame. Maybe someone with better editing skills can capture it.

He wasn't in.. The camera that had the shot parallel to the goal line showed that he was out.

They didn't have a shot down the goal line. It was at an angle. 

I think there's a very good chance the ball broke the plane. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Jaguars got robbed. Fournette said he was in. Hopkins drop that was ruled a completion. KC defensive end falling on Foles with his whole body weight not called a penalty. Myles Jack fumble TD return called back in the AFC Championship game. #becausejaguars
(09-17-2019, 04:52 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars got robbed.  Fournette said he was in.  Hopkins drop that was ruled a completion.  KC defensive end falling on Foles with his whole body weight not called a penalty.  Myles Jack fumble TD return called back in the AFC Championship game.   #becausejaguars

dont forget hitting the punters planted leg while kicking leg is in the air is autmaticlly 15 yrd roughing kicker penalty they callled wrong sunday

which the moron declined the 5 yard rekick fire morone
Very convenient there was no camera on the short side of the endzone, lmao. Would have had a clear view.
(09-17-2019, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2019, 12:57 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]He wasn't in.. The camera that had the shot parallel to the goal line showed that he was out.

The texans player thats literally standing in the endzone and makes contact with him diving forward should be enough evidence that he was in.  They didnt want us to win that game and didnt think it was worth reviewing to change it to a W.  It is what it is and you can call it what you want.  We get robbed all the time and once the game is over, even if right, the record doesnt change.
(09-17-2019, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2019, 12:57 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]He wasn't in.. The camera that had the shot parallel to the goal line showed that he was out.

Yea if I was a betting man, I think he actually made it.  For some reason they only had a camera from one goaline pylon and you couldnt see the ball because of how Fournette's body was turned.  But even if they had a camera on the other pylon, I'm not sure we could have seen because of that Texan player straddling the goaline to Fournette's right.  But based on where the ball was in his arms, the fact that he did extend, and that part of his body was over the goaline for a brief moment, my bet is the tip of the ball technically crossed.  Just not enough angles to prove it.

[Image: 420x0.jpg]

combine the video of the texans playing basically standing in the endzone with this photo of Fourentte reaching the ball out, again, I'd bet he made it.  Just not enough definitive proof.
Based on how replays camera's are set up at the goalline, would you just coach your team that if you are a secondary or LB not involved in the play to purposely stand on the goalline to block the camera?s
(09-17-2019, 05:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]Based on how replays camera's are set up at the goalline, would you just coach your team that if you are a secondary or LB not involved in the play to purposely stand on the goalline to block the camera?s

I'd wager a few coaches around the league do exactly that.
(09-17-2019, 04:57 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2019, 04:52 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars got robbed.  Fournette said he was in.  Hopkins drop that was ruled a completion.  KC defensive end falling on Foles with his whole body weight not called a penalty.  Myles Jack fumble TD return called back in the AFC Championship game.   #becausejaguars

dont forget hitting the punters planted leg while kicking leg is in the air is autmaticlly 15 yrd roughing kicker penalty they callled wrong sunday

I used to be the kicker, I know the difference between running into and roughing the kicker. The defender fell into the punter, that's not even remotely roughing (which is an intentional late hit). 

Also, it was a 48 yard punt with no return, that's a good punt. You don't ask for a rekick when your coverage team is still winded from the previous kick and you already have decent field position.
(09-17-2019, 05:37 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2019, 04:57 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]dont forget hitting the punters planted leg while kicking leg is in the air is autmaticlly 15 yrd roughing kicker penalty they callled wrong sunday

I used to be the kicker, I know the difference between running into and roughing the kicker. The defender fell into the punter, that's not even remotely roughing (which is an intentional late hit). 

Also, it was a 48 yard punt with no return, that's a good punt. You don't ask for a rekick when your coverage team is still winded from the previous kick and you already have decent field position.

They even said on the broadcast, by rule, he hit the plant leg which is roughing. Egregious or not. 

As for the re-kick, I agree. A re-kick is significantly more beneficial for the return team, especially when the original punt was good.
Would be a non issue if our elite cornerback diva crybaby man child had caught the int that was in his breadbasket. But I guess that’s why he’s a corner not a wr.
(09-17-2019, 07:18 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Would be a non issue if our elite cornerback diva crybaby man child had caught the int that was in his breadbasket.  But I guess that’s why he’s a corner not a wr.

Sure. But blaming this loss on Jalen or the defense in general is a joke.
(09-17-2019, 08:17 PM)Uimtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2019, 07:18 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Would be a non issue if our elite cornerback diva crybaby man child had caught the int that was in his breadbasket.  But I guess that’s why he’s a corner not a wr.

Sure. But blaming this loss on Jalen or the defense in general is a joke.

I agree.   I’m at fault at bringing another thread to this one.  But, the sentiment remains.  If he is the elite corner, he needs to catch that.  Thus, this topic isn’t posted, likely.
Dumb play call
think he got in as well... Here's a photo I found conveniently cutting the goal line off but is that orange thing in the background not the pileon representing where the goal line is?

If so he's clearly past it:

[Image: lCDJtYR]

Ok how the hell do post a image in here

Fournette "stopped" https://imgur.com/gallery/lCDJtYR

[Image: efWgaWr.jpg]
(09-18-2019, 12:54 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]think he got in as well... Here's a photo I found conveniently cutting the goal line off but is that orange thing in thr background not the pileon representing where thr goal line?

If so he's clearly past it:

[Image: lCDJtYR]

Ok how the hell do post a image in here

Fournette "stopped" https://imgur.com/gallery/lCDJtYR

[Image: efWgaWr.jpg]

This photo is not looking straight down the goal line though.
Conveniently there was no angle directly down the goal line to see the ball break the plane. Where is the ball? Where is the plane? You could probably argue either case but it isn't definitive. The call on the field always matters.
Pages: 1 2