Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josh Allen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dude is playing better and better each week.  Was a monster in the Tenn game.  No better mentor than Calais Campbell.  Hopefully our dline has another big game against Den.

[Image: 70984129_1439396499545100_57255801258780...e=5E2C06E2]

I really feel like Allen will be an All Pro soon and up there with the best pass rushers in the league. He's a freak
(09-24-2019, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude is playing better and better each week.  Was a monster in the Tenn game.  No better mentor than Calais Campbell.  Hopefully our dline has another big game against Den.

I really feel like Allen will be an All Pro soon and up there with the best pass rushers in the league.  He's a freak

The Giants were desperately trying to trade up to get him after taking Jones at 6.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giant...iel-jones/

I'm glad the FO did NOT trade down and decided to take Allen.

I think he will have another big game against Denver.
Flacco starting? Because he might die.
(09-24-2019, 07:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Dude is playing better and better each week.  Was a monster in the Tenn game.  No better mentor than Calais Campbell.  Hopefully our dline has another big game against Den.

I really feel like Allen will be an All Pro soon and up there with the best pass rushers in the league.  He's a freak

The Giants were desperately trying to trade up to get him after taking Jones at 6.

I seen that.  I cant believe 6 teams passed him up.  The Raiders should have taken him
(09-24-2019, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 07:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]The Giants were desperately trying to trade up to get him after taking Jones at 6.

I seen that.  I cant believe 6 teams passed him up.  The Raiders should have taken him
The Raiders and Bucs really blew it.

Murray, Bosa, Quinen and even Jones to an extent make sense. Clelin makes no sense and a LB over a potential all pro pass rusher is a tough one too.
(09-24-2019, 08:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I seen that.  I cant believe 6 teams passed him up.  The Raiders should have taken him
The Raiders and Bucs really blew it.

Murray, Bosa, Quinen and even Jones to an extent make sense. Clelin makes no sense and a LB over a potential all pro pass rusher is a tough one too.
It worked out for Tampa actually.

They got a dude from Denver who has 8 sacks so far.  Of course they could have signed that dude and still drafted Allen.
I really like Devin White though at MLB. He'll grow into a good one sooner rather than later.

Thankful the Raiders passed on him though. Allen fit more of the Mack mold who they just gave away to Chicago.

Denver is a winnable game. But they still have a scary front with Miller, Chubb & Wolfe. Chris Harris is also still a solid coverman.

I think it could go either way. But they got a few extra days to rest up and hopefully they didn't drink the kool-aid too much after winning on TNF.

There's confidence. And then there's arrogance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Jete should of taken him over Williams also
(09-24-2019, 08:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I really like Devin White though at MLB. He'll grow into a good one sooner rather than later.

Thankful the Raiders passed on him though. Allen fit more of the Mack mold who they just gave away to Chicago.

Denver is a winnable game. But they still have a scary front with Miller, Chubb & Wolfe. Chris Harris is also still a solid coverman.

I think it could go either way. But they got a few extra days to rest up and hopefully they didn't drink the kool-aid too much after winning on TNF.

The strange thing is as good as talented as Denver's defense is, they have ZERO sacks and have forced ZERO turnovers so far this season.

I sure hope we can get our running game going this week.
(09-24-2019, 08:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 08:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I really like Devin White though at MLB. He'll grow into a good one sooner rather than later.

The strange thing is as good as talented as Denver's defense is, they have ZERO sacks and have forced ZERO turnovers so far this season.

Our defense was much the same before Thursday.
Besides his play, Josh Allen passes the eye test. You can look at him and clearly see he's more than just gym strong, he's MAN strong. His build, drive and technique remind me somewhat of a larger Daryl Smith.
All the more reason to pay Ngakoue because he's giving Allen more chances at winning.

There should be absolutely no reason why Ngakoue and Allen aren't playing together here for at least the next 4 years.
We at least were getting pressures, justnot getting home in the KC game, but Mahones get rid of ball so fast.
(09-24-2019, 09:44 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]We at least were getting pressures, justnot getting home in the KC game, but Mahones get rid of ball so fast.

Mahomes is just on another level right now. Dude has 1,200 passing yards in 3 games. Next highest is Dalton at 980.

Mahomes is on pace for like 6,400 passing yards or something insane like that and we were still hanging with them mid way through the 3rd quarter before Fournette fumbled. It was a 10 point game and this Offense was at their 27 yard line when that fumble happened. That's when the flood gates opened and it was game over.
(09-24-2019, 09:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 09:44 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]We at least were getting pressures, justnot getting home in the KC game, but Mahones get rid of ball so fast.

Mahomes is just on another level right now. Dude has 1,200 passing yards in 3 games. Next highest is Dalton at 980.

Mahomes is on pace for like 6,400 passing yards or something insane like that and we were still hanging with them mid way through the 3rd quarter before Fournette fumbled. It was a 10 point game and this Offense was at their 27 yard line when that fumble happened. That's when the flood gates opened and it was game over.
They did that to Baltimore too on Sunday. It looked like it was going to be a low scoring, close game early on. And then all of a sudden Mahomes started finding Kelce and Robinson with no issues at all.

(09-24-2019, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]All the more reason to pay Ngakoue because he's giving Allen more chances at winning.

There should be absolutely no reason why Ngakoue and Allen aren't playing together here for at least the next 4 years.

If Yan wants to much money is a good reason why they wouldnt be playing together the next 4 years.  Hopefully that wont be the case though
(09-24-2019, 09:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 09:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Mahomes is just on another level right now. Dude has 1,200 passing yards in 3 games. Next highest is Dalton at 980.

They did that to Baltimore too on Sunday. It looked like it was going to be a low scoring, close game early on. And then all of a sudden Mahomes started finding Kelce and Robinson with no issues at all.

Yea but they jumped out early on us and were shredding us. Mahomes had nearly 200 passing yards on their first 5-6 plays of the game. It was embarrassing and we should have been out of that game from the very start. Which says a lot about Minshew and this Offense for being able to battle through it and try and keep us in it.

But again, like many of us said after that week 1 game vs the Chiefs. Don't be too worried because the Chiefs are going to embarrass a lot of teams this season. So far, that's certainly the case and I don't think it's going to stop any time soon.
(09-24-2019, 08:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Derek Wolfe likely out, Dre'mont Jones, rookie 3rd round pick in.
(09-24-2019, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]All the more reason to pay Ngakoue because he's giving Allen more chances at winning.

If Yan wants to much money is a good reason why they wouldnt be playing together the next 4 years.  Hopefully that wont be the case though

If Yan wants too much money... 

Nobody has a single clue how much money he wants, or what the team offered him... And don't even bring up that $19m crap because that was simply rumors and nobody of value ever said anything like that.

Why would he sign a low ball contract, when hes seen this team give boatloads of money away to terrible players who haven't earned it. Bortles, Foles, Lee (isn't terrible, but he definitely didn't earn it), $13m+ per year for Norwell, who has been complete dog [BLEEP]. $10m for 1 season to Moncrief etc. etc. etc...
Josh Allen SAVAGED Jack Conklin.. like the highly drafted RT of the Titans that used to give Fowler FITS, was absolutely outclassed by the rookie Josh Allen ... he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential, this kid is going to be scary good in the near future!
Pages: 1 2 3