Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump $916 million loss on tax return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Business guru, bet he's been milking that loss for years.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/report-of-tr...1475382014

Trump supporters say Trump's exploitation of the tax codes makes him uniquely qualified to reform it.

Quote:Trump supporters say Trump's exploitation of the tax codes makes him uniquely qualified to reform it.

What about his so called business credentials? May as well have Trump's Accountant as president. I bet Trump knows as much about tax codes as he does fighting Isis on Cyber crime.
Quote:Trump supporters say Trump's exploitation of the tax codes makes him uniquely qualified to reform it.

Yes, lets let the weasel guard the henhouse... What could go wrong?

Hillary did the same thing just last year

The number for Trump's loss was pretty staggering, but it was also 20+ years ago.  Clinton did it last year as she was growing her wealth by selling access to the highest bidder, giving speeches to Wall Street banks that she vilifies on a daily basis, and endorsing checks from foreign entities who directly contradict her "pro women" and "anti-outsourcing" rabble. 
Quote:Yes, lets let the weasel guard the henhouse... What could go wrong?

You're right.  We should let the more corrupt option who is no doubt ripe for blackmailing based on the secrets she's either already sold to the highest bidder, or accidentally gave away because of her own incompetence. 
I am seeing this smear across every major network in America, but I am not understanding the attack vector. This is what the tax code permits and every thing he did pertaining to filing his taxes is legal. I don't agree the tactic, but I also don't blame him or Hillary for using it to their advantage. If we want to blame someone, blame the politicians and lobbyist who created the modern-day tax architecture. I don't blame Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg, Trump, or anyone who uses this to their advantage to pay as little tax as possible, and they all do it. We have had this discussion many times: stop blaming businesses for using legal methods to pay as little tax as possible to maximize revenue. Blame the politicians for allowing it to happen and refusing to modify the tax code.

If you expect the tax code to change under Hillary, who rakes in millions in "donations" from the very same people who use this strategy to earn billions, don't hold your breath.

It's funny...everyone and their dog is [BLEEP] about him using this perfectly legal tactic on his taxes, but no one is saying boo about it even being in the tax code in the first place.
Quote:It's funny...everyone and their dog is [BAD WORD REMOVED] about him using this perfectly legal tactic on his taxes, but no one is saying boo about it even being in the tax code in the first place.

Is everyone pissed? I only see the Clintonites and their puppet-media upset about it, really.
There is not a single taxpayer that will not try to legally lesson their tax burden. It is why there is a multi billion dollar business in tax preparation. Weak [BLEEP] thread to say the least. "Hey y'all, the Trump did his taxes legally in 1995".......................Fail.

Can we stop saying Trump is a tax genius. His accountants will do the work, I'm sure Trump doesn't read up on much in his spare time, particularly tax codes. He wouldn't be remotely qualified to do such a complex return.

Its more a laugh about him being a business Guru. How is him coming out of corporate bankruptcy to his personal advantage any good for running the American economy?
Funny how things get worded sometimes...If you (or a company) made $800mm last year, and $600mm this year, it's called a $200mm loss

Quote:Funny how things get worded sometimes...If you (or a company) made $800mm last year, and $600mm this year, it's called a $200mm loss

That wouldn't be a loss on his tax return
​The concept of an income tax is just that, a tax on Income.  If you don't make any income, then you don't have to pay taxes.  There are lots of instances where business owners of all sizes go through years where they may not personally generate income or a taxable capital gain. 

Would it make sense to go after the guy who has been out of work for a year just because of his bank account balance or take money from your retirement in years you lost value?  That's not how an income tax works.  Don't like it?  Blame the people who started the income tax: Progressives. 

We have gone through an almost infinite number of iterations and now have a code that is 72 THOUSAND pages long.  It was started under the premise that one day if we wear the right pants suit we would all magically arrive at an equal income utopia with Bernie sanders driving a VW van as our guide.  How's that working out for you?
Hillary's biggest fan and supporter Mark Zuckerberg,

As <span>CEO at FACEBOOK INC, Mark Zuckerberg made $5,037,841 in total compensation. Of this total $1 was received as a salary, $0 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $0 was awarded as stock and $5,037,840 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2015 fiscal year. </span>

http://www1.salary.com/Mark-Zuckerberg-S...K-INC.html

This is OK though because hes not Donald Trump.

Oh my, Jeff Bezos.

As <span>Chief Executive Officer, Director at AMAZON.COM INC, Jeffrey P. Bezos made $1,681,840 in total compensation. Of this total $81,840 was received as a salary, $0 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $0 was awarded as stock and $1,600,000 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2015 fiscal year. </span>

http://www1.salary.com/Jeffrey-P-Bezos-S...M-INC.html

Quote:Hillary's biggest fan and supporter Mark Zuckerberg,

As CEO at FACEBOOK INC, Mark Zuckerberg made $5,037,841 in total compensation. Of this total $1 was received as a salary, $0 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $0 was awarded as stock and $5,037,840 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2015 fiscal year.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www1.salary.com/Mark-Zuckerberg-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-FACEBOOK-INC.html'>http://www1.salary.com/Mark-Zuckerberg-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-FACEBOOK-INC.html</a>

This is OK though because hes not Donald Trump.

Is he running for President?
it means he spent a [BLEEP] ton on something in 1995, and the tax code allowed it to be deducted.  Yes, then he can carryover the loss in subsequent years.  

Quote:Is he running for President?

Why does that matter? Only those running for president should have their legal tax methods scrutinized?

Quote:Why does that matter?
You brought him in to the politics board. Why does it matter what he does?

He isn't anymore trustworthy than the Great Hate Pumpkin.
i bet this was a coincidence coming out just a day or two before another wikileaks dump

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7