Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jets vs Jags and MNF Observations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Man, this Jets team is bad. Might be worse then the Bengals. 

How the hell did they beat the Cowgirls? 

This team needs to really play well at home and there should be no excuse for losing.

Biggest concern is Bell. Contain him and pressure Darnold. We have the line talent to do it 

Hoping for 27-10 Jags.
Jets D line is stout, our O line is not. That is a problem.
Keys to a Jags victory:

- Key in on LeVeon Bell
- Make Darnold throw the ball/Pressure him
- Protect the ball/Protect Minshew
- Fournette controls the game
- Score EARLY
- More turnovers from Darnold please
(10-21-2019, 10:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Jets D line is stout, our O line is not. That is a problem.

The Pats O-Line is currently a patchwork and the jets haven’t notched a sack yet 

Not saying ours will do the same but they are stoppable it seems
(10-21-2019, 10:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2019, 10:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Jets D line is stout, our O line is not. That is a problem.

The Pats O-Line is currently a patchwork and the jets haven’t notched a sack yet 

The Pats also have the best QB to have ever played under center too.
If the same offensive line that played the bungles shows up at the bank this Sunday, we are toast.
Quick pass plays. That's all they can do to help this offensive line out. The quicker the plays the better. Lowers chances of being flagged too.

Really want to see Oliver emerge at the TE position ASAP. Armstead should be getting 10 touches a game by now as well. I still think we'll win by at least 6.

Defense should have a good game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(10-21-2019, 11:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Quick pass plays. That's all they can do to help this offensive line out. The quicker the plays the better. Lowers chances of being flagged too.

Really want to see Oliver emerge at the TE position ASAP. Armstead should be getting 10 touches a game by now as well. I still think we'll win by at least 6.

Defense should have a good game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hope so.

Any word with the state of our LB's and potential injuries?

We were dangerously thin at LB against CIN with all of those injuries/knacks.
Like the Bengals game, we got no business losing to the Jets... They're terrible.
I do agree that our O-line needs to play better, but let’s be frank - the Jets are WORSE than the Bengals....

1. Andy Dalton played better than Sam Darnold - and Dalton wasn’t very good at all.
2. The Bengals have virtually NO running game yet they still play better than the Jets, who have a BETTER running back.
3. The Bengals could very easily be 4-3 if one or two plays per game had gone differently. The Jets would’ve only had 2 wins AT MOST.

Yes, the Jets beat Dallas, but they caught the Cowboys at a bad time and took advantage of it. They also had little to no game film on Darnold. That won’t be an issue for the Jags. Hell, I think it’s going to be worse for Darnold because the Jags have a more blood thirsty D-Line than NE. The only difference might be that Darnold might take more sacks to avoid throwing that many picks again.
(10-21-2019, 10:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

Before this game, the Jets ranked 24th against the pass and 13th against the run. They're gonna be a lot lower after tonight.

(10-22-2019, 12:04 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree that our O-line needs to play better, but let’s be frank - the Jets are WORSE than the Bengals....

1. Andy Dalton played better than Sam Darnold - and Dalton wasn’t very good at all.
2. The Bengals have virtually NO running game yet they still play better than the Jets, who have a BETTER running back.
3. The Bengals could very easily be 4-3 if one or two plays per game had gone differently. The Jets would’ve only had 2 wins AT MOST.

Yes, the Jets beat Dallas, but they caught the Cowboys at a bad time and took advantage of it. They also had little to no game film on Darnold. That won’t be an issue for the Jags. Hell, I think it’s going to be worse for Darnold because the Jags have a more blood thirsty D-Line than NE. The only difference might be that Darnold might take more sacks to avoid throwing that many picks again.

The Jets are very bad, but the Bengals are pitiful. I believe Cincinnati would lose to Miami.
(10-22-2019, 12:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2019, 10:54 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]The Pats O-Line is currently a patchwork and the jets haven’t notched a sack yet 

Before this game, the Jets ranked 24th against the pass and 13th against the run. They're gonna be a lot lower after tonight.

(10-22-2019, 12:04 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree that our O-line needs to play better, but let’s be frank - the Jets are WORSE than the Bengals....

The Jets are very bad, but the Bengals are pitiful. I believe Cincinnati would lose to Miami.

Welp, we shall see 12/22/19.  http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG16

If both teams keep going as they are, there will be more people on the sidelines than there will be in the stands.
(10-22-2019, 12:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2019, 12:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Before this game, the Jets ranked 24th against the pass and 13th against the run. They're gonna be a lot lower after tonight.

Welp, we shall see 12/22/19.  http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG16

If both teams keep going as they are, there will be more people on the sidelines than there will be in the stands.

That will be the battle for Tua. The loser gets Joe Burrow, so that's not a bad consolation.
Yikes......trounced at home like that, I bet the New York fans were brutal
if there were any left.
So now after a short week, the jets are on the road against us.
The Big Cat's going to feast!
Key to a Jags victory is to show up. Then the record of our opponents we beat will be 6-22
As long as we approach this game properly I believe it's going to be a long day for the Jets.

I think Darnold is going to go one of two ways, either holding the ball far too long after last nights game through fear of throwing picks or he'll come out throwing to try to show confidence and throw a pick six early (1st drive, possibly even 1st play).

Brady might be the best QB of all time right now, but a certain Rookie is putting up numbers even Brady couldn't through seven career games and so I think if the NE O Line can deal with the Jets, our O Line can do enough for Minshew to do his thing.

I actually think the Jets will lay another egg in the bank and we win comfortably to set up a good week running into London, which I'll be at hoping to see us level out that head to head the Texans have on us right now.
Remember the Jets will try to adjust whatever they did wrong yesterday. So expecting them to make the same mistakes is foolish.

Bell can dominate a game and the defense will have to contain him like they did Kamara. Darnold can be effective working the quick passing game with Anderson and Crowder along with the dump offs to Bell against the Jags zone.
They have a talented defense that will be highly motivated and getting away from the New York pressure cooker will be beneficial.

The Jets will be looking at getting right and they will view the Jags as a get right opponent. Jags will have to start fast or this is going to be a drag it out game where the Jets are just talented enough to pull it out.
The only real takeaways for me were the Jets front will be an issue for our o-line in protection, and Darnold can be rattled with pressure.

Quick release pass plays for our offense and plenty of pressure from our defense should lead us to victory.

Controlling Bell will also be necessary. And if the Jags aren't getting pressure on Darnold then Anderson and Crowder could look like they did vs the cowboys.
With that performance from Darnold last night I wouldn't be surprised to see an "Injury" pop up and Fales starting. Just to try and get a spark on the road. Man he looked horrible.
I'm not gonna say I think Jacksonville loses this...but that Jets defense is more talented than the one they just faced.

If Jacksonville is going to win this game, they HAVE to punch the ball through to the endzone this Sunday. They cannot rely on Lambo getting the job done alone and praying the defense makes 98% of the Jet's offensive drives end in a punt.

I'm hoping that Gardner has a much better showing this next week. I want to believe he can be the heir apparent after Foles is gone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6