Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nick Foles Practicing (meged threads)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Good news of course. He's not actually eligible to play until Nov 17th though.
Two good things about this.

1. Should motivate the [BLEEP] out of Minshew to elevate his play to maintain his job.

2. If he fails, we still have hope to look forward to in developing him and Foles starting.

Win-win either way you slice it.
(10-18-2019, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Two good things about this.

1. Should motivate the [BLEEP] out of Minshew to elevate his play to maintain his job.

2. If he fails, we still have hope to look forward to in developing him and Foles starting.

Win-win either way you slice it.

I agree. Could we see another Foles situation where he comes in and saves the year? LOL I hope Minshew can get that magic rolling again and we can get on a long win streak. But it feels like a Foles saves the day moment again...
I like Minshew and hope he keeps the job. Foles is Foles and this isnt Philly, so i'll wait to eat crow if he can make us a contender at years end. I'd rather have Gardner turn into that guy or draft a top QB in the upcoming drafts, while figuring out a way to get nicks 88 million off the books.
(10-18-2019, 05:40 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]I like Minshew and hope he keeps the job.  Foles is Foles and this isnt Philly, so i'll wait to eat crow if he can make us a contender at years end.  I'd rather have Gardner turn into that guy or draft a top QB in the upcoming drafts, while figuring out a way to get nicks 88 million off the books.

Yeah exactly, doesn’t seem to often that QBs can win 2 SBs for different franchises (unless you’re Peyton) and lets be honest, there will never be another Peyton. But I will say that if it appears that minshew doesn’t work out, I will be glad that we have NF.
Foles 88 is only if reach incentives but hes guaranteed I think it is 52 or 53.
Feels good to have 2 good QBs. We haven't had one in forever and now we have 2
I know everyone, including myself (somewhat) is on the GM15 hype train but we all know that our team is NF7's to loose and not by an injury. It's possible that GM15 will get on a roll and when NF7 is eligible to be back on the 53-Man Roster, the team just may delay him from returning as a starter but I doubt it.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Yeah, Foles was getting this job back regardless. The only real way that wouldn't happen if is this team somehow went on a tear the likes of which would guarantee the playoffs at the very least

It's good to see he's healing up nicely. I've always liked Foles as a player
(10-18-2019, 08:37 PM)Nikowho Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Foles was getting this job back regardless. The only real way that wouldn't happen if is this team somehow went on a tear the likes of which would guarantee the playoffs at the very least

It's good to see he's healing up nicely. I've always liked Foles as a player

Maybe he's healing up nicely, or maybe they're going to rush him back too soon, only for it to snap like a tooth pick again the first time he lands on it. Wouldn't be the first time a team tried to rush a QB back from a collarbone injury, only to instantly break it again.

This OL isn't any good and Foles is a literal statue. He isn't escaping the pocket and avoiding hits like Minshew can, so it shouldn't take long before it's tested and hes getting hit and planted into the ground again.

(10-18-2019, 06:59 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]Foles 88 is only if reach incentives but hes guaranteed I think it is 52 or 53.

Foles can get over $100m on this deal if he reaches all his incentives..

I think the total was like $102? or $104m over 4 years, if all incentives are met? Obviously that includes playoffs, super bowl etc etc. But the $88m is pretty much the bottom base line if he plays all 4 years out, regardless of incentives.
Said to before but it would take 3 stinkers in a row for me to bench Minshew. We are at 1 for now, but should ball Vs Bengals and Jets.

If he struggles Vs both I'll happily bench but I doubt it
(10-18-2019, 09:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Said to before but it would take 3 stinkers in a row for me to bench Minshew. We are at 1 for now, but should ball Vs Bengals and Jets.

Agreed, it's all about these next two games.
(10-18-2019, 10:37 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 09:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Said to before but it would take 3 stinkers in a row for me to bench Minshew. We are at 1 for now, but should ball Vs Bengals and Jets.

Agreed, it's all about these next two games.

Yep. 

The jaguars have actually had the toughest pass defense stretch in the league over the last 6 games and he's looked mostly very good. Stick with it for as long as ya can
(10-18-2019, 10:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 10:37 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, it's all about these next two games.

Yep. 

The jaguars have actually had the toughest pass defense stretch in the league over the last 6 games and he's looked mostly very good. Stick with it for as long as ya can

Even if Minshew goes out and has incredible games and destroys the Bengals, Jets and then the texans in London. I still think this staff/FO force Foles back into the starting QB role.

Honestly even if this team had only lost 2 games total going into week 11 when Foles could return, they'd still force him back into the starting QB role. They know they threw away a lot of money on him and they're going to do anything they can to have him be the QB, despite if he deserves it or not.
(10-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 10:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. 

Even if Minshew goes out and has incredible games and destroys the Bengals, Jets and then the texans in London. I still think this staff/FO force Foles back into the starting QB role.

Honestly even if this team had only lost 2 games total going into week 11 when Foles could return, they'd still force him back into the starting QB role. They know they threw away a lot of money on him and they're going to do anything they can to have him be the QB, despite if he deserves it or not.

Don't think it's likely in that scenario. He'd be putting up  top 10 QB numbers and be close to breaking rookie records if he has 3 incredible games in a row.  

Also, Minshew balling like crazy gives the coaching staff a better shot at keeping their jobs than the alternatives. The front offices job is also more secure with a long term franchise QB drafted than whatever Foles brings

Now if Minshew is just ok or outright bad. Then yeah I wouldn't be surprised when they go back to Foles
(10-18-2019, 11:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Even if Minshew goes out and has incredible games and destroys the Bengals, Jets and then the texans in London. I still think this staff/FO force Foles back into the starting QB role.

Don't think it's likely in that scenario. He'd be putting up  top 10 QB numbers and be close to breaking rookie records if he has 3 incredible games in a row.  

Also, Minshew balling like crazy gives the coaching staff a better shot at keeping their jobs than the alternatives. The front offices job is also more secure with a long term franchise QB drafted than whatever Foles brings

Now if Minshew is just ok or outright bad. Then yeah I wouldn't be surprised when they go back to Foles

Oh I get it and it makes sense, but when it comes to this franchise, they don't do many things that make a lot of sense.
(10-18-2019, 11:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 11:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think it's likely in that scenario. He'd be putting up  top 10 QB numbers and be close to breaking rookie records if he has 3 incredible games in a row.  

Oh I get it and it makes sense, but when it comes to this franchise, they don't do many things that make a lot of sense.

Lmao yeh applying rational thinking to this era of Jags football hasn't proven to be predictive
(10-18-2019, 06:37 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 05:40 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]I like Minshew and hope he keeps the job.  Foles is Foles and this isnt Philly, so i'll wait to eat crow if he can make us a contender at years end.  I'd rather have Gardner turn into that guy or draft a top QB in the upcoming drafts, while figuring out a way to get nicks 88 million off the books.

Yeah exactly, doesn’t seem to often that QBs can win 2 SBs for different franchises (unless you’re Peyton) and lets be honest, there will never be another Peyton. But I will say that if it appears that minshew doesn’t work out, I will be glad that we have NF.

Definitely.  If Gardner cant get over that rookie wall he hit this week then bench him.  Fragile Foles has to stay healthy tho.  que: availability is the best ability.  He's on strike 1 but i know he wants that money, so unless he breaks again, he'll fight through pain and suffering.
Foles is hurt but coming back fairly soon.

Now Minshew has a knee injury and a groin strain that are both hindering him.

The reality right now is that we very likely will need both of them at times to complete the season as healthy as possible at QB. I'd be completely fine putting the most healthy guy out there each week whichever it may be. (Unless one of them has consecutive poor performances directly attributable to their own decisions and throws)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6