Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Always drops female symbol from feminine hygiene packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Link 

"Always is officially removing the Venus female symbol from the packing of its menstruation products. The announcement follows pleas from LGBTQ activists to make the labeling more inclusive of transgender and non-binary customers."

""Some trans men/non binary people menstruate. As do cis women who despise overly feminine products," tweeted Dr. Jen Gunter, an OB-GYN. "Cis women who can't menstruate and trans women are harmed by the assumption that menstruation defines femininity. Less ink for printing better for planet. This is a win all around.""

People need to be less concerned about how they fit into a box of why "A" makes a person a certain way but "B" doesn't and just live their lives. I can't fathom that a symbol on a maxi-pad and tampon package sets people off. I have never even noticed there being one and I've been looking at them for 35 years.

I have boxes that societal pressures (friends and family) has tried to shoehorn me into because "that's just how it's done," especially in the south, and I refuse to be told I am less than, that I'm selfish, or that I disappoint people because I won't conform. I honestly don't have time right now to go into it but will do so later. 
(10-24-2019, 12:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Link 

"Always is officially removing the Venus female symbol from the packing of its menstruation products. The announcement follows pleas from LGBTQ activists to make the labeling more inclusive of transgender and non-binary customers."

""Some trans men/non binary people menstruate. As do cis women who despise overly feminine products," tweeted Dr. Jen Gunter, an OB-GYN. "Cis women who can't menstruate and trans women are harmed by the assumption that menstruation defines femininity. Less ink for printing better for planet. This is a win all around.""

People need to be less concerned about how they fit into a box of why "A" makes a person a certain way but "B" doesn't and just live their lives. I can't fathom that a symbol on a maxi-pad and tampon package sets people off. I have never even noticed there being one and I've been looking at them for 35 years.

I have boxes that societal pressures (friends and family) has tried to shoehorn me into because "that's just how it's done," especially in the south, and I refuse to be told I am less than, that I'm selfish, or that I disappoint people because I won't conform. I honestly don't have time right now to go into it but will do so later. 

I don't have a female orifice, but if I did, I don't think I'd trust its hygeine to a company that makes public statements saying that "men can menstruate too."
Can't wait to tell my wife to stop using my non binary products. I will now be identifying as a Mississippi Mudslide on Taco Tuesday's [Or Woeful Wednesday's] for anal leakage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thank you for that insight.
The PC "gender identity" nonsense has gotten way out of hand.  This is what is "taught" in institutions of higher learning indoctrination these days.
(10-24-2019, 02:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]The PC "gender identity" nonsense has gotten way out of hand.  This is what is "taught" in institutions of higher learning indoctrination these days.

It's like Candid Camera for our culture. How utterly stupid can people act and people still take them seriously? Let's find out!