Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DJ Chark (merged threads)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who would have thought after his rookie year, he’d turn out to be this kind of playmaker. I’ll be honest, I wrote him off. He was just a body catcher who passed all the measurement benchmarks. He caught so much with his body that I never could imagine how good his hands turned out to be. He’s on his way to having an Allen Robinson type season. Chark might break 1,000 yards. After an off-season convincing myself that Dede was the next guy up, it’s good to see DJ shine
I would have seen 500 yards, 5 TD as big improvement over his rookie season. The fact that he has that now is amazing
DJ chark dododododo Dj chark dodododo
I thought he was poised to take the next step if he could get his hands to be consistent. He's exceeded that.

If you looked closely he showed very good body control, great ball tracking and decent (not bad) route running last year.
He's improved the routes a fair amount and improved the hands tremendously.

I find the narrative that he was "bad" last year to be poor analysis. He was a rookie that had a mere 37 targets and a case of the drops. But he flashed some good traits as well.
The advancement of his technique and route running from college to year 2 has been amazing. Showed flashes of each but now he's doing it consistently.

Should be noted Chark got a big letter of recommendation from Jerry Sullivan in the draft process + Keenan has been doing an impressive job.
I didn’t think he’d be anywhere near where he is now.. this kid looks great. And he’s like 6’5 right?? Just throw it up to him when you’re in trouble.
(10-08-2019, 07:21 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t think he’d be anywhere near where he is now.. this kid looks great. And he’s like 6’5 right?? Just throw it up to him when you’re in trouble.

He's 6'2 and 7/8ths to be exact
(10-08-2019, 07:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2019, 07:21 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t think he’d be anywhere near where he is now.. this kid looks great. And he’s like 6’5 right?? Just throw it up to him when you’re in trouble.

He's 6'2 and 7/8ths to be exact

@In every media guide that's 6'5" if I ever saw it.@
(10-08-2019, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2019, 07:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]He's 6'2 and 7/8ths to be exact

@In every media guide that's 6'5" if I ever saw it.@

He's usually called 6'4, but he's actually 6'3. Same way Conley is called 6'3 but he's actually 6'2
Does it really matter?
(10-08-2019, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Does it really matter?

Nope. Him good
I remember many fans being down on Chark. What most fans didn't realize is that it takes Most NFL players two maybe three seasons to totally get it in. Yes, there's some that can and will come in and light it up. Chark is exactly where he needs to be. I'ma keep trying until I get our stadium to chant...

D.J. Chark Da Doo Da Doo Da Do,
D.J. Chark Da Doo Da Doo Da Do,
D.J. Chark...

NH3...
He is way better then allen robinson was and is.
I'm here to eat crow about this player that had a bad case of the drops and fumbleitis last year and a slow start in preseason. He's been one of the top 10 perfoming WR's in the league.
(10-08-2019, 06:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was poised to take the next step if he could get his hands to be consistent. He's exceeded that.

If you looked closely he showed very good body control, great ball tracking and decent (not bad) route running last year.

I find the narrative that he was "bad" last year to be poor analysis. He was a rookie that had a mere 37 targets and a case of the drops. But he flashed some good traits as well.

His hands were never the issue, it was catching the ball away from his body which McCardell seems to have coached out of him. 

He had IDENTICAL measurables to Julio Jones at the combine, he's just scratching the surface of his potential he's our WR1 and Westbrook is our WR2 .. cut Lee in the offseason and give that $$ to Westbrook; move on from Norwell this season and after his dead cap expires hand that bag to Chark .. don't mess that up like we did with ARob.

Imagine our offense with ARob & Chark Outside, Westbrook in the slot and Fournette in the backfield?!?!?
(10-08-2019, 09:47 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]He is way better then allen robinson was and is.
I think talent level, you are right. However, ARob posted a 1400 and 14 TD season and is still a very very good route runner. ARob is still plagued by awful QB play. If Chark still had Blake or Trubisky, you wouldn't see these types of numbers.

But to say he is "way better" is a bit of an exaggeration. His ceiling may be higher but at this moment, I wouldn't say he's way better.
(10-08-2019, 10:10 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2019, 06:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was poised to take the next step if he could get his hands to be consistent. He's exceeded that.

His hands were never the issue, it was catching the ball away from his body which McCardell seems to have coached out of him. 

He had IDENTICAL measurables to Julio Jones at the combine, he's just scratching the surface of his potential he's our WR1 and Westbrook is our WR2 .. cut Lee in the offseason and give that $$ to Westbrook; move on from Norwell this season and after his dead cap expires hand that bag to Chark .. don't mess that up like we did with ARob.

Imagine our offense with ARob & Chark Outside, Westbrook in the slot and Fournette in the backfield?!?!?

He dropped several passes in 2017 that he's making look routine this year. He's catching those passes with, ummm, you know, his hands?
(10-08-2019, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2019, 10:10 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]His hands were never the issue, it was catching the ball away from his body which McCardell seems to have coached out of him. 

He dropped several passes in 2017 that he's making look routine this year. He's catching those passes with, ummm, you know, his hands?
Lol

His second TD catch was a great catch with his.... hands!
That TD, in the 3rd quarter, where he never stopped moving his feet but also reached back for the ball was next level. The fact that he was able to reach across the pylon makes it amazing. He’s not one dimensional; the man is making all sorts of catches.

He good
From my recollection, NYC4Jags and I were the only ones trying to talk off others off the "HE'S A BUST!" ledge last year. I'm sure there were others too though.

Crazy how some people expect so much from rookies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4