Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Maybe we don't need a new stadium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's pretty normal for California.
What about when they can't turn the lights on when there's a blackout ....or do anything else for that matter?
(11-21-2019, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty normal for California.

There's normal things in California?
You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes.
$1.8 billion to $6 billion

Typical California where a $2 beer anywhere else costs $7 --- not that I'm bitter about my time on Venice Beach
I read the ESPN article, very good piece for them and shows just how chaotic the owners really are.

Rams and Chargers cant sell their SSL's and the Las Vegas Raiders sell $400m, over twice their projection and to a number of LA fans.

Had LA been crying out for an NFL team?
I'll never understand why they moved the Chargers. Never.
(11-21-2019, 06:14 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I'll never understand why they moved the Chargers. Never.

Agreed. I know the owners just care about selling tickets so they dont really care if its 80% Packers fans. The problem is when smaller market teams play them and the stadium is empty. That's the look the NFL hates. 

LA fans are notoriously fickle, if they dont see out one team why are they going to sell out two?

Other than San Diego or St Louis, where else would you go in the US?
(11-21-2019, 06:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2019, 06:14 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I'll never understand why they moved the Chargers. Never.

Agreed. I know the owners just care about selling tickets so they dont really care if its 80% Packers fans. The problem is when smaller market teams play them and the stadium is empty. That's the look the NFL hates. 

LA fans are notoriously fickle, if they dont see out one team why are they going to sell out two?

Oklahoma might support a team.
San Antonio is about the only other one.
Heck the environmental impact survey probably ran 1 bill so some moth could be protected. Who saw the LA market being a disaster.... everyone with half a brain. Kronke deserves this and 100 percent more.
(11-21-2019, 09:43 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2019, 06:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. I know the owners just care about selling tickets so they dont really care if its 80% Packers fans. The problem is when smaller market teams play them and the stadium is empty. That's the look the NFL hates. 

Oklahoma might support a team.

(11-21-2019, 10:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]San Antonio is about the only other one.

Thanks. This seems to be it, places that would support a team but not really desperate for one. London is a fantasy that wont work. Vegas was probably the last untapped location and it will be interesting to see how the Raiders do there.

With the limited fans in LA, Chargers and Raiders moved, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spanos try and move back but he left San Diego with plenty of enemies.
Best comment from the article
Quote: The good news is that it’s all private money.

Khan is going to have a tough time selling a new stadium idea to the notoriously cautious city leaders and decision makers. This reminds me of the courthouse debacle in our very own town.
(11-21-2019, 04:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes.

Good song.

Wasnt there a study showing new stadiums dont usually bring the return on investment for cities as hoped?  Always something to consider if the city of jax was asked to fork over cash to support a new stadium.
(11-21-2019, 06:29 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]

Portland? San Antonio maybe?

The City wouldn't support a tax increase to build a new stadium so the owner said F*** You and moved the team.  This is consistent with a lot of NFL moves (Balt to Indy, Cleveland to Balt, Oakland to Vegas, etc.)

(11-21-2019, 09:43 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Oklahoma might support a team.

Good luck getting those hard core Cowboy fans to rook for the Oklahoma Stallions or whatever they'd be called.  I think Toronto would be a great place for a new team.   Population of 3 million (plus the viewing population of all of eastern Canada (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec) and I don't think anyone there is married to the Buffalo Bills.
Portland, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, or the VA Beach Metro
(11-22-2019, 09:57 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Portland, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, or the VA Beach Metro

Solid suggestions... I'll add..

Salt Lake City, UT
Hawaii
El Paso (large enough population, far enough away from Houston and Dallas markets)

Based on population and TV market size...

there really isn't much else out there until some more expansion happens from smaller cities.
I'd also offer up Birmingham Alabama as a potential home for a team, but not above San Antonio or Portland.

We did support the WFL Champion Birmingham Americans pretty well in the 70s....
Pages: 1 2