Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yannick Ngakoue not returning to Jaguars in 2020?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don’t know how to post photos on here. He has stated on Instagram that this last game will be his “victory lap” in a response to a comment from former Jaguar Jalen Ramsey.

This front office has to go. This is unacceptable.
We’ve failed to retain the talent we managed to draft and develop. Send them packing lest they ruin Minshew or our next drafted QB
He will be franchise tagged.
We have the worst front office. Out of the 3 stars that we drafted, we keep the worst out of the 3 and let the other 2 go. We continue to do that and have to build thru the draft and keep trying to fix positions that we were solid at.
Y'all say all ya want about professionals paid to do this but I am for certain if I was in the GM position I would have did a much better job than we have done in these last 3 years. I feel like anyone could have done better than what we have done. How is everyone not fired? Wasting Calais and the domino effect has already started. Bouye probably out next

They might really be trying to get the franchise to move to London
(sigh) So much drama, this team.
Remember a lot of this board was openly happy they played hard ball with Yan, hopefully you guys keep the same energy if he refuses to play under a tag
Hard to blame him. After watching underachievers like Bortles, Norwell, Jack, and Foles get paid, while TC tries to play hardball with him after he outperformed his rookie contract, it should come as no surprise. All we are as a franchise at this point is a farm team for the rest of the NFL. Draft players, figure out which ones are good and then completely screw them over until they leave and flourish with another team. We are the pit of misery.
Tag him. For all his talk of how much he wants to play here.
(12-28-2019, 01:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Remember a lot of this board was openly happy they played hard ball with Yan, hopefully you guys keep the same energy if he refuses to play under a tag

He was the one that was playing hardball. Hopefully a deal gets worked out but I hope Yans not that dumb for his own good.  He's already lost 19 mil.  That would be almost 40 mill he has lost if he does that and then we can tag him the following year as well.
(12-28-2019, 01:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 01:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Remember a lot of this board was openly happy they played hard ball with Yan, hopefully you guys keep the same energy if he refuses to play under a tag

He was the one that was playing hardball. Hopefully a deal gets worked out but I hope Yans not that dumb for his own good.  He's already lost 19 mil.  That would be almost 40 mill he has lost if he does that and then we can tag him the following year as well.

At the START of negotiations, Tom told him that it was their best offer and there would be no further negotiations.  You're incorrect.
I really don't wanna see him go. Outside of Allen probably, what are the chances Jacksonville finds another pass rusher with the kind of consistency Yannick's had in his few years here?

Maybe he doesn't quite deserve a 20 mil per year contract, but it's getting nauseating how many star players are leaving in a matter of a couple of years. Sucks because my second ever Jags jersey after getting a Mojo one a decade ago, was Ngakoue's for 2017
(12-28-2019, 01:59 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 01:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He was the one that was playing hardball. Hopefully a deal gets worked out but I hope Yans not that dumb for his own good.  He's already lost 19 mil.  That would be almost 40 mill he has lost if he does that and then we can tag him the following year as well.

At the START of negotiations, Tom told him that it was their best offer and there would be no further negotiations.  You're incorrect.

How do you know that was the start of negotiations?  If that was the start, that was a hell of a offer.  If the rumors were right the deal would of made him the 4th highest paid anually DE in the league.  Im sure Tom said no further negotiations during the season, but he is gone now so.....
(12-28-2019, 01:59 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 01:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He was the one that was playing hardball. Hopefully a deal gets worked out but I hope Yans not that dumb for his own good.  He's already lost 19 mil.  That would be almost 40 mill he has lost if he does that and then we can tag him the following year as well.

He’s wrong but won’t admit it. Per usual.

(12-28-2019, 02:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 01:59 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]At the START of negotiations, Tom told him that it was their best offer and there would be no further negotiations.  You're incorrect.

How do you know that was the start of negotiations?  If that was the start, that was a hell of a offer.  If the rumors were right the deal would of made him the 4th highest paid anually DE in the league.  Im sure Tom said no further negotiations during the season, but he is gone now so.....
Dude. Have you not been paying attention at how much dirty laundry has been aired?
(12-28-2019, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 01:59 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]At the START of negotiations, Tom told him that it was their best offer and there would be no further negotiations.  You're incorrect.
He’s wrong but won’t admit it. Per usual.

(12-28-2019, 02:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know that was the start of negotiations?  If that was the start, that was a hell of a offer.  If the rumors were right the deal would of made him the 4th highest paid anually DE in the league.  Im sure Tom said no further negotiations during the season, but he is gone now so.....
Dude. Have you not been paying attention at how much dirty laundry has been aired?

What?  The crazy fines that TC was handing out?
(12-28-2019, 02:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]He’s wrong but won’t admit it. Per usual.

What?  The crazy fines that TC was handing out?
And then the reports about Yan and Coughlin. Coughlin is the reason he sat out some of training camp.
(12-28-2019, 02:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 02:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What?  The crazy fines that TC was handing out?
And then the reports about Yan and Coughlin. Coughlin is the reason he sat out some of training camp.

It was because of the contract right?  Has Yan said what kind of contract he is looking for?  Would you make him the highest paid DE in the league? I would like to keep Yan but there is a limit on what to pay

Tom is gone now so......
(12-28-2019, 02:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 02:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]And then the reports about Yan and Coughlin. Coughlin is the reason he sat out some of training camp.

It was because of the contract right?  Has Yan said what kind of contract he is looking for?  Would you make him the highest paid DE in the league?  I would like to keep Yan but there is a limit on what to pay

Tom is gone now so......
Soooo what? He should stay with the team?

The team did him dirty and he will likely look elsewhere and he would get a mega contract from someone. Regardless of what you think, he’s a top 10 pass rusher and should have been paid like one.

I would have paid him top 5 money because in about 2 years, that would only have been top 10 money. He’s going to cost more now than he would have last summer.

Yeah he may hold out and force a trade like Clowney did.
(12-28-2019, 02:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2019, 02:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]It was because of the contract right?  Has Yan said what kind of contract he is looking for?  Would you make him the highest paid DE in the league?  I would like to keep Yan but there is a limit on what to pay

Tom is gone now so......
Soooo what? He should stay with the team?

The team did him dirty and he will likely look elsewhere and he would get a mega contract from someone. Regardless of what you think, he’s a top 10 pass rusher and should have been paid like one.

I would have paid him top 5 money because in about 2 years, that would only have been top 10 money. He’s going to cost more now than he would have last summer.

Can you show me where I said I dont think he is a top 10 pass rusher?  We can franchise him and work on a deal.  Frank Clark, Demarcus Lawrence, and Clowney all got the franchise tag so this isnt unusuall lol

Of course you would of paid him early after 2 years because its not your money and youre a Maryland fan
Pages: 1 2 3