Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I’m a Dad now!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2/20/2020

My wife gave birth to our first child. My Son was born on my fathers birthday. He is also the 6th so it was awesome to get the picture of my father, my son, and myself(4th, 5th, and 6th). 

It has been a crazy 9 months but seeing him come into the world healthy and with no complications was one of the happiest moments of my life.

My wife and I also finalized the purchase of our first home in January. So this has been a hectic start to the year. But it has honestly been an amazing experience.

The Jaguars just got a new fan.
Congratulations.
Congratulations.
Congrats Man
Congratulations on the start of your family!  It's an incredible experience.

PS  You will soon discover the "crazy" time has just begun...…....
(02-28-2020, 08:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on the start of your family!  It's an incredible experience.

For sure. I explain to young soon-to-be parents, including my own kids, that becoming a parent for the first time changes everything. They always say ‘they know’, but they really don’t. It’s a wonderful, exhausting and exciting time. It’s…crazy.
Life as you know it, is over...
(02-28-2020, 08:46 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Life as you know it, is over...

Forever.
Congrats!
(02-28-2020, 04:35 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]2/20/2020

My wife gave birth to our first child. My Son was born on my fathers birthday. He is also the 6th so it was awesome to get the picture of my father, my son, and myself(4th, 5th, and 6th). 

It has been a crazy 9 months but seeing him come into the world healthy and with no complications was one of the happiest moments of my life.

My wife and I also finalized the purchase of our first home in January. So this has been a hectic start to the year. But it has honestly been an amazing experience.

@Hope you stocked up on sleep in 2019@

Congrats, and yeah, joy to the point of tears hit me too when our first was born. It's crazy how that shared birthday thing lines up. So many days in a year, and things line up just right. Our daughter shares a birthday with her great-grandmother, so we got to do the 4 generations in one photo.

Here's to continued health for mom and baby alike. Do your part, change all the diapers and let mom get the rest she needs!   Smile

(02-28-2020, 08:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2020, 08:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on the start of your family!  It's an incredible experience.

For sure. I explain to young soon-to-be parents, including my own kids, that becoming a parent for the first time changes everything. They always say ‘they know’, but they really don’t. It’s a wonderful, exhausting and exciting time. It’s…crazy.

You quickly learn the value of naps. For the first few weeks, I don't think either of us slept for more than 2 or 3 hours consecutively.

Then, that first time the baby sleeps longer than 3 hours....."OMG, is he okay? Check to see if he's breathing! How is he not starving?"
Congrats, JoD!
Congratulations!
Congrats. I think my son is due on 4/20/20 now. The ultimate birth date.
Congrats
Congrats JoD! May the kid sleep through the night for you before 3 months in!
(02-28-2020, 05:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats. I think my son is due on 4/20/20 now. The ultimate birth date.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Congrats man! 

Enjoy every moment you can, they really do grow up in the blink of an eye.
(02-28-2020, 04:35 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]2/20/2020

Nice. Congratulations, getting to a sixth is quite an accomplishment.
Thanks everybody. This has been insane 10 days. I have my first day that I actually have to go back to work and my son decided this is the morning he is going to start full blown wake up at 2 am and still going. He has been pretty steady 11 pm then 4am for the last week. Like most of you said, sleep is luxury I can no longer afford. Over all it has been a surreal experience. With family coming in and out. I thought I knew how being a dad would feel. I can honestly say I had no idea. I always looked at sicknesses and health like I had to build an immune system and didn’t pay attention who I can in contact with. Now I am giving each family member a full interrogation every time someone asks to hold him. I bah even payed very much attention to Coronavirus until recently. Now I find myself constantly looking into it or worrying about it.

Part of me knows it sort of the natural progression, but experiencing it is something else.

I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Also congrats caldrac!!! 5 years ago I would have said that is best possible birthday lol
(02-28-2020, 05:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats. I think my son is due on 4/20/20 now. The ultimate birth date.

Be sure to hand out "cigars"....they still do that, right?
Pages: 1 2