Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN to cut ~100 on-air personalities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is about double what was estimated.

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out... who may land elsewhere, what the landscape will look like at ESPN when the dust settles.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/espn-will...57142.html

Just don't cut Molly Qerim!

It's amazing how many on-air personalities they have. I probably couldn't even name 100.

I saw on Twitter that Ed Werder was among the cuts. And a day before he was scheduled to cover the draft.

Quote:I saw on Twitter that Ed Werder was among the cuts. And a day before he was scheduled to cover the draft.

Dang, he's one of my follows too.
On the eve of one of their biggest ratings grabbers of the year, they're cutting on air talent on TV and radio.  Pretty amazing how the mighty have fallen as people continue to cut the chord. 

Lol .... The Female Lawyers must have run out of on-air personalities to go after at FOX NEWS so they're migrating over to ESPN.  In the words of Antonio Brown, Business is Boomin'

Holy Crap were they overstaffed.  I have no idea who most of those guys are.

I turned over there during lunch (because I rarely watch it anymore when it isn't live sports.)

After discussing Christian McCaffrey's draft prospects, one guy asks the other (in a serious manner) what are the white and what are the black NFL positions?

The other guy answered seriously and with a straight face.

That's what's wrong with ESPN as much as anything.

Trent Dilfer got cut
Quote:Trent Dilfer got cut

Good
Quote:Trent Dilfer got cut

Please be true
And yet Jemele Hill remains.. ESPN has no guts..
Quote:Please be true

It is..
Bunch of never heard ofs with the exceptions of Dilfer, Werder, Danny Kannell and Paul Kuharsky who covered the AFC South.

I try not to celebrate in someone else's misfortune, but that's gonna be hard to do with Dilfer.
Quote:It's amazing how many on-air personalities they have. I probably couldn't even name 100.
That had to be one of the main reasons for the mass cut. They simply had to many.

http://ijr.com/2017/04/857193-espn-flags...ica-knows/

This article pretty much nailed it for me. Give me sports don't continue to beat people over the head with crap. 

Middle America wants to pop a beer and listen to sports talk, they don't want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and Colin Kaepernick is the Rosa Parks of football. ESPN made the mistake of trying to make liberal social media losers happy and as a result lost millions of viewers.

is espn going to make a 30 for 30 about their own demise. lol that was a good one.
Ed Werder was bright, and I'll honestly miss Kanell.

Both will land somewhere.

They apparently hired Woj lol
Pages: 1 2