Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN to cut ~100 on-air personalities

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2017, 10:05 AM by pirkster.)

This is about double what was estimated.

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out... who may land elsewhere, what the landscape will look like at ESPN when the dust settles.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/espn-will...57142.html

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just don't cut Molly Qerim!

Huh

It's amazing how many on-air personalities they have. I probably couldn't even name 100.

I saw on Twitter that Ed Werder was among the cuts. And a day before he was scheduled to cover the draft.

;

;

Quote:I saw on Twitter that Ed Werder was among the cuts. And a day before he was scheduled to cover the draft.

Dang, he's one of my follows too.

On the eve of one of their biggest ratings grabbers of the year, they're cutting on air talent on TV and radio.  Pretty amazing how the mighty have fallen as people continue to cut the chord. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Lol .... The Female Lawyers must have run out of on-air personalities to go after at FOX NEWS so they're migrating over to ESPN.  In the words of Antonio Brown, Business is Boomin'

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Wow!  The list is growing, and there are some bigger names in the mix.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Holy Crap were they overstaffed.  I have no idea who most of those guys are.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

I turned over there during lunch (because I rarely watch it anymore when it isn't live sports.)

After discussing Christian McCaffrey's draft prospects, one guy asks the other (in a serious manner) what are the white and what are the black NFL positions?

The other guy answered seriously and with a straight face.

That's what's wrong with ESPN as much as anything.

Trent Dilfer got cut

Quote:Trent Dilfer got cut

Good

Quote:Trent Dilfer got cut

Please be true

And yet Jemele Hill remains.. ESPN has no guts..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Please be true

It is..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Bunch of never heard ofs with the exceptions of Dilfer, Werder, Danny Kannell and Paul Kuharsky who covered the AFC South.

I try not to celebrate in someone else's misfortune, but that's gonna be hard to do with Dilfer.

Quote:It's amazing how many on-air personalities they have. I probably couldn't even name 100.
That had to be one of the main reasons for the mass cut. They simply had to many.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

http://ijr.com/2017/04/857193-espn-flags...ica-knows/

This article pretty much nailed it for me. Give me sports don't continue to beat people over the head with crap. 

Middle America wants to pop a beer and listen to sports talk, they don't want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and Colin Kaepernick is the Rosa Parks of football. ESPN made the mistake of trying to make liberal social media losers happy and as a result lost millions of viewers.

is espn going to make a 30 for 30 about their own demise. lol that was a good one.

Ed Werder was bright, and I'll honestly miss Kanell.

Both will land somewhere.

They apparently hired Woj lol