Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: QB with a 1st round pick may be a smart move...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I love Minshew and Minshew mania.  I cannot deny that he had one of the most impressive rookie season ever.  That being said........

The NFL is full of 1 year wonder QB's who had that one great year then faded after that.  Dobb's hasn't shown any indication he is ready to compete as a starting QB.  My point is, the Jaguars are putting all of their eggs in one basket with Minshew.  If this staff really see's a franchise leader in this draft, I have 0 problem with them going and get their guy.

*That being said they should be held accountable for every pick (coughdavefiredwithbortlescough)
(04-23-2020, 12:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I love Minshew and Minshew mania.  I cannot deny that he had one of the most impressive rookie years ever.  That being said........

The NFL is full of 1 year wonder QB's who had that one great year then faded after that.  Dobb's hasn't shown any indication he is ready to compete as a starting QB.  My point is, the Jaguars are putting all of their eggs in one basket with Minshew.  If this staff really see's a franchise leader in this draft, I have 0 problem with them going and get their guy.

The only QB worth drafting in the first round besides Burrow is Tua.
(04-23-2020, 12:31 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 12:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I love Minshew and Minshew mania.  I cannot deny that he had one of the most impressive rookie years ever.  That being said........

Rumors are Jags trying to work out a trade with the giants.  Some people love Herbert.  I personally have question marks on Tua because of his injury history and size.

If Tua is there the Jaguars better take him and not apologize about it.
I like Tua but don't think he is gonna be able to stay healthy.
We have no chance at Burrow and I am starting to get this feeling that he is gonna fail.
I kinda like Herbert but I am also scared as [BLEEP] that he is gonna be another Gabbert.

I'd say next year is the time to get our QB, depends on Minshew, he has earned the chance to be the starter at least for this coming season.

Also, would you really trust any of those 3 to the current coaching staff? they are pretty capable of destroying the career of any of them.
(04-23-2020, 12:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 12:31 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]The only QB worth drafting in the first round besides Burrow is Tua.

Rumors are Jags trying to work out a trade with the giants.  Some people love Herbert.  I personally have question marks on Tua because of his injury history and size.

I hope Caldwell doesn't love Herbert.
I’m riding with the Shew
I don't particularly like Herbert...but I don't get the Gabbert comparison.

Gabbert's problem is that he's a [BLEEP] that is scared to get hit.  I can't say I've seen that in Herbert when I've watched him.
(04-23-2020, 12:42 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I don't particularly like Herbert...but I don't get the Gabbert comparison.

Gabbert's problem is that he's a [BLEEP] that is scared to get hit.  I can't say I've seen that in Herbert when I've watched him.

Gabs wasn't that way coming out of college. Didn't we have this conversation already? Herbert is a huge risk/rewards kind of guy, there's to many other missing pieces, I'd rather see them go shoring up either line, receiver or DBs.

Herbert is maybe a step below that level, but he's worth a one. Love is the kind of raw measurables and physical talent guy who goes in the first round and might turn into Josh Allen...but is probably going to be closer to Kyle Boller.
(04-23-2020, 12:35 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 12:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Rumors are Jags trying to work out a trade with the giants.  Some people love Herbert.  I personally have question marks on Tua because of his injury history and size.

I hope Caldwell doesn't love Herbert.

It's Caldwell.  He is the same GM who really loved Borltes.  Of course he loves Herbert.
If we are willing to move up to get 'our QB', i'd like the comfort of having that THIRD first rounder....(if we can get rid of Yan to the Raiders). I don't like the idea of potentially having so many wholes, giving up two premium pics to get a QB with so many other holes to fill. If they DO want to draft up/take Tua

IDEALLY: Trade Yan and a 3rd for #19. Trade 9/19 to move up to # 4, take QB (not Love, not Love, not Love). Trade down from #20 and possible accumulate additional 2nd/3rd to recoup the 3rd we lost from Yan. PROFIT.
(04-23-2020, 01:27 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]If we are willing to move up to get 'our QB', i'd like the comfort of having that THIRD first rounder....(if we can get rid of Yan to the Raiders). I don't like the idea of potentially having so many wholes, giving up two premium pics to get a QB with so many other holes to fill.  If they DO want to draft up/take Tua

IDEALLY: Trade Yan and a 3rd for #19. Trade 9/19 to move up to # 4, take QB (not Love, not Love, not Love).  Trade down from #20 and possible accumulate additional 2nd/3rd to recoup the 3rd we lost from Yan.  PROFIT.

God no! Perfect draft to build around Minshew and if he takes a significant step back we're in prime position to select a QB in 2021. The only way we take a QB high this year is if Tua slips to 9. I'd imagine that LA surprises everyone and trades their 2020 and 2021 first rounders to jump Miami for Tua. 6 hours and counting...
I wouldn't put anything past Caldwell, especially a nonsensical move like this. The chances that anyone not named Burrow end up being better than Minshew are pretty small in my opinion. I wouldn't trade GM15 for any of the QB's drafted last year based off of last season, but some of you just can't get past the whole "6th Round Pick" thing.
Tua is dumb and injury prone. Hard pass.
Trade Yan and 9 to the Giants for 4.

Lions Take Simmons.

Jags force Miami to 4 for 5 and 26. Or take LAC 6 and 2021 first

5. Okudah CB

20. Kinklaw DT

26. Jones OT

42. Dobbins RB
Draft OL first two picks. The rest I don't care about. We clearly aren't going to address the TE position in the draft so I've given up on that.
(04-23-2020, 12:39 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]I’m riding with the Shew

Riding with the Shew...........lot of us on board.
(04-23-2020, 02:01 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1253287263695486982

All this draft capital built up and they're talking about dumping the good picks...
Pages: 1 2 3 4